Giant/ Liv Bicycles 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bedampft

by bedampft

The first few order shows are done, and many new bikes are visible on the giant websites.

So whats new?
The Propel will be available with rimbrakes as Advanced and Advanced Pro framesets.
There will be a new Envie Disc, similar to the Propel Disc.
I'm hoping for new dropbar options for the Propel. That current compact design is just hideous for this kind of a bike.

Still no details on the new Defy, and non on the new Giant dual sided Powermeter.

It seems there will be a custom paint option aswell next year. As shown in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_lcCl9XCLg
About time!

Now some Pictures! The Italian Website is the best stocked to date. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/it/biciclette/on-road

Lot's of awesome paintjobs next year.
MY19PropelADSL0D_ColorA.jpg
MY19PropelADPRO0_ColorA.jpg
MY19PropelADSL1D_ColorA.jpg
MY19PropelADV1_ColorA.jpg
MY19TCRADSL0DDA_ColorA.jpg
MY19TCRADSL1D_ColorA.jpg
MY19TCRADVSL-FF_ColorA.jpg
MY19LangmaADV1_ColorB.jpg
MY19LangmaADPRO0_ColorA.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

8) Cool to see Giant have completely half arsed the 2019 (rim brake) Propel, I didn’t actually think they could make an uglier bike than the disc one...

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

The team edition actually looks good imo

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The battery/antenna pod on the PM would definitely hint at a rebadged Pioneer unit, but who knows...

jlok

by jlok

Where is the updated Defy? It's definitely coming this year.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

amngwlvs

by amngwlvs

They're certainly better than about half the 2018 liveries in my opinion but I don't think any are nice enough for me to want to replace my frameset yet. I'd definitely want to see some of these in person though because the chrome and neon red looks kinda lame online but looks much nicer in person.

I do love that they've added power meters gone with 42mm wheels on the TCR's now instead of the 2018's 30mm's. Too bad I bought a 2018... Guess I'm going to have to fork out for those all on my own... :doh:
2018 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2015 Giant Propel Advanced 2
2013 Trek 520

Beaver

by Beaver

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 pm
8) Cool to see Giant have completely half arsed the 2019 (rim brake) Propel, I didn’t actually think they could make an uglier bike than the disc one...
:twisted: "You want rim brake, you get rim brake!" :twisted: Looks as if they really just drilled some holes and put the brakes on. :D

But at least they noticed, that rim brake is not dead yet. :D

Shouldn't the downtube be less edgy as on the Liv models this year?

wingguy

by wingguy

Beaver wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:22 pm
Monkeyfudger wrote:
:twisted: "You want rim brake, you get rim brake!" :twisted: Looks as if they really just drilled some holes and put the brakes on. :D

You know that's a TCR, right? That frame was designed as rim brake first, then a disc version a year later...

cro2

by cro2

I think Beaver referred to Propel rim, with which I'm also disappointed. Looks like they simply retrofitted the brakes from the old generation.

chorus88

by chorus88

Beaver wrote:
Monkeyfudger wrote:

TCR Advanced SL Chameleon (Facebook)
Attachments
tcrchameleon.jpg
When Technology Becomes Emotion
2023 Tarmac SL7 Expert R8100 (90622-3352)

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

chorus88 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Beaver wrote:
Monkeyfudger wrote:

Gorgeous color. I might have to swap out my 2017 SL Neon Red for this beauty. BTW they lowered the U.S. frameset price from $2500 to $2200.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ajsn

by ajsn

Noctiluxx wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:44 pm
chorus88 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:40 pm
Beaver wrote:
Monkeyfudger wrote:

Gorgeous color. I might have to swap out my 2017 SL Neon Red for this beauty. BTW they lowered the U.S. frameset price from $2500 to $2200.
Cool, I have just seen your post on the Chameleon Blue setup, great job!

I (used to) have the same Neon Red and actually just got the news from my LBS that the frame is gonna be replaced by a Chameleon Blue by Giant.
I really enjoyed the Neon one and usually other riders were well impressed with the appearance and good finishing it got.
Unfortunatelly, a small painting crack showed up on the seat tube (close to the bottle cage) with less than 500 miles and impeccable care. It was not expected but I know it may sometimes happen.
On the other hand, I am really well impressed with my LBS and specially with Giant support/warranty. They quickly sent a new frame and, although it is not the Neon Red I liked, it is a new 2019 Chameleon Blue that seems to be amazingly beautiful.

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

The Chameleon blue is stunning depending how its hit with light. I like it much better than the Specialized and Trek version of similar type color.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com