SRM Look Exakt Pedals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

moyboy

by moyboy

I've owned a set of the Exakt pedals when they first became available to order, and have since returned them as the installation with the tool and charging.
What you get for the price wasn't in worth it in my mind, as the Vector 3's i was using was about $800 cdn cheaper and you get cycling dynamics etc...

I have gone back to the Vector 3's after the design change with the battery doors and i no longer get wattage spikes and missing right hand pedal notifications.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ringo

by Ringo

moyboy wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:30 pm
I've owned a set of the Exakt pedals when they first became available to order, and have since returned them as the installation with the tool and charging.
What you get for the price wasn't in worth it in my mind, as the Vector 3's i was using was about $800 cdn cheaper and you get cycling dynamics etc...

I have gone back to the Vector 3's after the design change with the battery doors and i no longer get wattage spikes and missing right hand pedal notifications.
What about the charging and installation? They both seem easy and straightforward.
Please be more specific..

As for the vectors, there are a lot of people saying that even with the new doors problems remain. I think the problem is due to the type of battery
XXTi
C60

fogman

by fogman

What is the weight difference between a pair of SRM/Look Exakt pedals and a pair of Look Kéo Blade Ti pedals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

fogman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:54 am
What is the weight difference between a pair of SRM/Look Exakt pedals and a pair of Look Kéo Blade Ti pedals?
Difference of ~120 grams for the pair. Assiomas are 5g lighter than Exakts per pair.

In general, pedal PMs are the best “weenie” option for full-power measurement, they are significantly lighter than the combination of spindle PMs and modular cranks that support them.

RyanH

by RyanH

Barely, and at a significant higher price

SISL2 SRM without rings: 460g
Speedplay Ti: 145g
Total: 605g (actual, not mfg claimed)

THM Clavicula SE: 290g
SRM Exakt: 310g
Total: 600g

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Assiomas are 5g lighter than Exakts and then there’s also the weight difference in the cleats. The Assioma/Clavicula is still more expensive, but definitely lighter.

Ringo

by Ringo

Wrong info. Please delete.
Last edited by Ringo on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XXTi
C60

mrlobber

by mrlobber

RyanH wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:03 am
Barely, and at a significant higher price

SISL2 SRM without rings: 460g
Speedplay Ti: 145g
Total: 605g (actual, not mfg claimed)

THM Clavicula SE: 290g
SRM Exakt: 310g
Total: 600g
Not really. First, you need to get a frame which fits BB30 crank ;) :D
And for SRM price + SISL crank, you still can buy Clavicula + pedal PM easily, the first combination is ~2500 EUR in Europe, the 2nd - 1150 EUR plus pedal PM (Vectors & Favero are both under 1000 EUR). If you've got cranks already, then it's cheaper, though.

Plus, the difference in weight for cleats, as Tobin mentioned (both for Speedplay as well as Time, if you choose Xpresso15)
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

maquisard

by maquisard

moyboy wrote:
DCRainmaker's review has just been posted - pretty much agrees with your view point.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/12/srm ... eview.html

SRM once again producing a product that is years behind the competition at a premium price.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Lolz, that’s a shit review really ain’t it. I wouldn’t buy ‘em if they were half the price, I couldn’t be bothered with the install procedure and only supplying one charging pod thing is taking the piss.

moyboy

by moyboy

Yes it was an entertaining read. Especially with the charging cable and installation points. They do offer to sell you another cable but why at that price.

maquisard wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:05 pm
moyboy wrote:
DCRainmaker's review has just been posted - pretty much agrees with your view point.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/12/srm ... eview.html

SRM once again producing a product that is years behind the competition at a premium price.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I have been happy with both my Vector 3s and Assioma Duos for different reasons.

Vector 3s for true KeO compatibility, zero dropouts, Cycling Dynamics.

Assiomas for price, instant angular velocity, rechargeable batteries.

The Assiomas get knocked down slightly because I do experience instant/short dropouts a few times on a 40 mile ride and the KeO cleat compatibility isn't quite 100%. Disregarding price, I'd go with the Vectors...those occasional dropouts I'm experiencing on the Assiomas are mildly annoying.

petromyzon

by petromyzon

Amidst all of the criticism of the pedals I hadn't really noticed that SRM don't have active temperature compensation in the cranks yet!
Hilarious company - this is what happens when you have an idea and design so good that it defines an industry and revolutionises sports science, then sit on your laurels for 25+ years.

Added to which, WTF are Look doing? This is their second powermeter product that is basically DOA.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

It’s pretty clear that Look doesn’t have the in-house technical know-how to do it themselves, so they partnered with Polar and SRM for each project. Not surprising in the least...building a power meter that is consistent across thousands of units manufactured is actually quite hard.

maquisard

by maquisard

petromyzon wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am
Amidst all of the criticism of the pedals I hadn't really noticed that SRM don't have active temperature compensation in the cranks yet!
I have said this before, the SRM design is beyond dated now. The competitors, Power2Max, Quarq, Stages, Infocrank... everyone else are doing active temperature compensation now that basically maps temperature to any offset requirement. This is also a multi-point map and so can account for any non-linearities in either the strain gauge or the materials on which the strain gauge is mounted (important in case of carbon cranks).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com