Custom bike.....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

There is so much more to a custom bike than just fit. If you like a hz top tube there are not many big manufactures that offer that, if you want custom paint you are SOL with a big brand. If you want specific ride characteristics custom is a great option as well. Maybe you want a T47 or BSA BB, not so easy to find on most bikes these days. If you are picky and want to spec ALL the details custom is a great option. Does ANYONE need custom?? Of course they do not.... This forum is NEVER about what people need though is it? This is WW where people obsess over the tiniest details, drop every bolt on the kitchen scale, debate every BB and why one is better than the other.

If this site ever becomes about what people need I am out...... :roll:
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!

Wookski

by Wookski

Agree with the above. There is so much room for error so I can see why people are hesitant. If you’re not 100% clear on what you want, how can you expect a builder to get it 100% right?

I have only had good experiences with custom frames by investing a heap of time into the process.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kgibbo1868

by kgibbo1868

Sorry ( not sorry )to resurrect an old thread. After several years I have decided it’s time for n+1 and this will be full custom! It will be a most likely a steel frame with a Hz TT and, rim brakes, threaded BB. Let the fun begin!
:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2019 Baum Ristretto
Pain is my friend!