Does Wahoo Element Bolt record total mileage?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

seanlsc

by seanlsc

Can anyone tell me if the element bolt has a function to record total mileage ridden?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

seanlsc wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Can anyone tell me if the element bolt has a function to record total mileage ridden?

This is better suited to online services like Strava or Wahoo’s own secret unreleased/unannounced version

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

taodemon

by taodemon

The benefit of something like Strava is that it you can link just about any device/service to it so it doesn't matter if you use a Garmin, or Wahoo, it will keep all your mileage. When I started riding I didn't have anything besides my phone so would just use the app. Eventually got a garmin a year later. If If I ever decide to use some other device like a wahoo it will still have all my data. Where as garmin connect only has the rides I've done with the garmin. I guess you could port over manual entries from different platforms but that seems like it would be a pain.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Also the computer only has a finite amount of storage and if you ever do a wipe/reset, it's gone.

Boshk

by Boshk

seanlsc wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:20 pm
Link it to a free Strava account, you don't need to pay for premium since your iphone/android app gives everything Strava Premium shows.
It will show you your weekly km/miles, Total All year and what you are after, All-time total.