Removing Zipp impress decals

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

Has anyone successfully removed the printed Zipp impress decals off their wheels? The newer style decals, not the vinyl stickers.
Mine are chipping and rather unsightly, and would like to take them off completely but unsure of which way to go about it
Any help would be appreciated

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Are you talking about the etched NSW decals? If not, I would just use hair dryer and then remove the remaining residue with goof off. I've removed residue from my Campy Bora's, Enve ses, and Stans MB wheels using that method.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

yeah the etched decals, i have the firestrikes (pre NSW)
i found that i can literally scrape off tiny bits at a time with my fingernails, but theyre stuck in the dimples as well

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

What? Impress logos/artwork are laser-etched and don’t peel/scrape off. Only NSWs and Super-9s have Impress graphics. You have regular decals on your Firestrikes. Strong isopropyl alcohol and patience IMO.

ohjinguh9

by ohjinguh9

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:27 pm
What? Impress logos/artwork are laser-etched and don’t peel/scrape off. Only NSWs and Super-9s have Impress graphics. You have regular decals on your Firestrikes. Strong isopropyl alcohol and patience IMO.
unfortunately youre wrong about that, they started doing impress on the firestrikes
https://www.zipp.com/wheels/404-firestr ... r-limited/ (sorry couldn't post a pic, work computer)

it's not a one piece vinyl sticker, and if you had seen me try to scrape off the rest of my chipped logo with my fingernail you'd understand my frustration
i got through the tip of the "P" after 15min