Look 795 Blade

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Post Reply
bearapy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

by bearapy

Frame finally arrived.

A few problems already. Frame does not have enough clearance for the pioneer power meter on drive side.
Seat post clamp bolt came siezed up. :roll:

by Weenie


jlok
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 am

by jlok

My friends wanna buy this frame with Stage dual side PM. Is it DS or NDS that doesn't clear the PM sensor? any picture?
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

bearapy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

by bearapy

jlok wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am
My friends wanna buy this frame with Stage dual side PM. Is it DS or NDS that doesn't clear the PM sensor? any picture?
No problem on the non drive side but there is a boxy bit at the bottom which causes clearance issue. Hope this helps.
Attachments
C4E0EA07-83EB-4085-902F-68E62084B7A5.jpeg
CC65C071-4D38-4F2F-B8BD-EF5AA7ABF9F7.jpeg
5CA489BD-1B7C-4DD7-808C-78C01C625B8B.jpeg

Applesoap
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

by Applesoap

bearapy wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 1:15 pm
jlok wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:00 am
My friends wanna buy this frame with Stage dual side PM. Is it DS or NDS that doesn't clear the PM sensor? any picture?
No problem on the non drive side but there is a boxy bit at the bottom which causes clearance issue. Hope this helps.
What bottom bracket are you using? I'm using a cheap rotor one which I want to replace asap.

bearapy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

by bearapy

Applesoap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

What bottom bracket are you using? I'm using a cheap rotor one which I want to replace asap.
Hambini. Fixed a creaky BB on my last bike with hambini so this seemed like a safe bet. Token is the recommended look bb but read it uses undersized bearings so servicing bearings may become an issue later.

asiantrick
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:18 pm
Location: the OC, CA

by asiantrick

anyone knows whats the max tires clearance for this frame?

Applesoap
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

by Applesoap

asiantrick wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 4:32 pm
anyone knows whats the max tires clearance for this frame?
28mm for rim and 30mm for disc.

Applesoap
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

by Applesoap

bearapy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:55 pm
Applesoap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

What bottom bracket are you using? I'm using a cheap rotor one which I want to replace asap.
Hambini. Fixed a creaky BB on my last bike with hambini so this seemed like a safe bet. Token is the recommended look bb but read it uses undersized bearings so servicing bearings may become an issue later.
I had a feeling you were using Hambini, how difficult are they to install?

bearapy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

by bearapy

Applesoap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 9:47 pm
bearapy wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 1:55 pm
Applesoap wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:09 pm

What bottom bracket are you using? I'm using a cheap rotor one which I want to replace asap.
Hambini. Fixed a creaky BB on my last bike with hambini so this seemed like a safe bet. Token is the recommended look bb but read it uses undersized bearings so servicing bearings may become an issue later.
I had a feeling you were using Hambini, how difficult are they to install?
Not difficult at all. I used a cheap bb pressfit tool without any issues. You can also DIY a tool with a threaded rod and a pair of nuts with the included press adapters.

brearley
Posts: 365
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:08 pm
Location: Hull

by brearley

has anybody built one of these yet?
i'm looking at one for my 2020 bike running dura ace 9120 hydro mechanical.

CAAD8FRED
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:52 pm

by CAAD8FRED

This bike is heavy! I asked for the weight of the disc brake frame size 54 and fork individually.
Attachments
9ECBC912-88B4-4334-B1B2-36D29A995D2E.jpeg

Applesoap
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:54 pm

by Applesoap

brearley wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:04 pm
has anybody built one of these yet?
i'm looking at one for my 2020 bike running dura ace 9120 hydro mechanical.
My look 795 is running Dura Ace 9120, not too difficult to install. You will need to buy longer shift cable housings because the default in box ones are too short. In terms of ride quality, it feels very very stable like it's stuck on rails and is also surprisingly quite plush.

rudye9mr
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 12:01 pm

by rudye9mr

^ what was your last bike and was the geometry hard / easy to dial in for the LOOK vs previous bicycle?

bearapy
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:37 am

by bearapy

Not light indeed. Size M and current build is 8.8kg :noidea:
Can bring it down to 8.2kg if I use a smaller cassette and climbing wheels with latex.
Attachments
A492005A-AA89-4BC9-A352-FFB0D2FD46C5.jpeg

by Weenie


jlok
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:30 am

by jlok

thx for the heads up. Looks great!

Any first ride impression?

p.s. looks like it's Hong Kong?
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post