Look 795 Blade

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Calnago

by Calnago

Sorry, I gave it anyway. Feel free to dismiss it if you like, or rebut it with your own argument. I’m listening. It’s a forum, full of opinions.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

jlok

by jlok

Calnago wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:55 pm
Sorry, I gave it anyway. Feel free to dismiss it if you like, or rebut it with your own argument. I’m listening.
I'm not gonna argue with you whether the frame would fit 10t or not. It's unnecessary as @Suppersppy already answered.

As of the merit of 10T, it's off topic in this thread "Look 795 Blade". Thanks.
Litespeed T1sl Disc / BMC TM02 < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

by Weenie

Suppersppy

by Suppersppy

The SRAM AXS drivetrain is one of the smoothest, quietest, drivetrain I've ever ridden. That new chain isn't just for show. As far as clearance issues, I don't know about every bike. Keep in mind though, it's not just a traditional groupset with an extra cog and a 10 tooth. It's a full redesign and it's designed to fit where the 11 speed it replaced fits.

Suppersppy

by Suppersppy

I would suggest not getting too wrapped up in one detail. The point of the AXS drivetrain is to keep you in the big ring up front and it works really well at doing that. My climbers bike with Campy drivetrain has me riding in the large ring upfront and the upper part of the rear casette most of the time. I grind a bit more than I should just because most of the time I don't feel like changing back and forth on the front all the time. Riding with the SRAM drivetrain I ride big ring upfront and right in the middle of the rear cassette. That's how it's been designed and it works beautifully. I rarely have to switch to the small ring upfront and when I really need it I can.

Suppersppy

by Suppersppy

Just a quick follow up. I have about 500 miles on the build, end of the season and cold weather have meant other bikes are getting more use, and the the headset has remained tight.

Suppersppy

by Suppersppy

Review is finished. I included some of this discussion and otherwise pretty much laid it out the way I said I would.

The climbers bike is dead and so is the uncomfortable aero bike. The Look 795 Blade RS is the answer to both: https://cycletechreview.com/2019/bikes- ... -blade-rs/
Last edited by Suppersppy on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgt

by kgt

It might be a superbike but... 18lbs? No, thanks.

Suppersppy

by Suppersppy

It's got two lbs on my climbers bike but it's totally worth it and really not any slower.

mag

by mag

I'm a Look fan and like the 795 Blade aesthetically, but it's a boat anchor even for the aero bike. If it would be a non-RS model and if the RS frameset would weigh at least 300g less then it would be closer to something acceptable, but with this - we'll have to wait for another generation.

ricarello

by ricarello

C8315A04-BC5B-4644-83F9-CB8A82877AA8.jpeg
I've received this 795 blade (size L) with ultegra di2 and with my "old" Corima 47 tubs, and all accessories, pedals, bottle cage, computer mount....
7.4kg

It's quite heavy but not dramatic.
I recon a lighter biuld could go down to 7.1kg (dura casette, other saddle, light tubs...)

The seat post is probably 1/2 of the extra weight 🙄

I've ridden it for a little shy of 200km and it's very comfortable.
Will do some mountains this week end to see how the bike reacts.

I had 40.000km on the 695 and must admit Look are confortable bikes.
Last edited by ricarello on Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cchesebro

by cchesebro

I keep coming back to this bike, especially in the aqua/blue color. Super nice.