Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pew

by Pew

It's getting built! Still need to figure out some di2 wiring and cut the steerer.

Is there supposed to be some kind of di2 battery holder? There were only two o-rings with my frameset. I just put the battery inside the seattube (with those o-rings) and fastened it with a zip-tie. Seems to work :noidea:

And yes, there was a Garmin holder inside the package. Somehow I managed to miss it :roll:
Attachments
IMG_20220702_194917.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearapy

by bearapy

Pew wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:08 pm
It's getting built! Still need to figure out some di2 wiring and cut the steerer.

Is there supposed to be some kind of di2 battery holder? There were only two o-rings with my frameset. I just put the battery inside the seattube (with those o-rings) and fastened it with a zip-tie. Seems to work :noidea:

And yes, there was a Garmin holder inside the package. Somehow I managed to miss it :roll:
That is the factory way to mount the di2 battery. If it isn't moving or making noise then it'll be ok

Leon

by Leon

You mean in the seat post right? Not seat tube?

Superb bike btw.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Leon

by Leon

And a pic of yesterday. The purple color is just amazing.
Attachments
IMG_20220701_203037174~2.jpg
Ride bikes, not tanks!

iankovski

by iankovski

Guys, I want to have your opinion here. Couple months ago, I bought a used 795 Blade RS here in Germany. Probably I was not that careful inspecting the bike (also didn't bring it to a bike shop to have a deep look). It has a SRAM Red crank with Quarq DZero Dub PM and an Absolute Black Oval chainrings.

I just realized that something doesn't look great in my BB-crank integration. For me, it looks like there is a piece missing in the BB-crank section because the free space in between is just too small. So even if I got something like a small rock in that place it'll badly damage the frame.

I want to show you some pics because it looks to me that the chainring/PM is rubbing the frame and I'm a little concerned if it's damaging the carbon in the frame or only the paint. Also if it looks like not right, if it's the point to talk to the seller and try to arrange something for this.

P.S.: don't mind the frame damage due to a chain drop that I didn't notice.

JimV

by JimV

I just looked at mine. 795 RS with RED AXS 46-33. The space looks similar. Take the chain off to the outside and either have some help or tie it up to the FT deraileur so it is out of the way and see if the crank spins freely.

iankovski

by iankovski

JimV wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:44 pm
I just looked at mine. 795 RS with RED AXS 46-33. The space looks similar. Take the chain off to the outside and either have some help or tie it up to the FT deraileur so it is out of the way and see if the crank spins freely.
Could you please upload some photos? Yes, the crank no spins freely, I already put 700km on it. My concern is that you can see the white paint on the outside of the smaller chainring. Did you notice that?

Leon

by Leon

I have no experience with SRAM but it sure looks tight..... Did you look online for exploded diagrams of the crank build up? On myDale for example there are very nice diagrams which tell you how many spacers should go in etc.

Have not checked my Blade with Campagnolo BTW. So I even don't know but maybe it is just as tight. I will have a look when I get home.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

bearapy

by bearapy

iankovski wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:50 pm
Guys, I want to have your opinion here. Couple months ago, I bought a used 795 Blade RS here in Germany. Probably I was not that careful inspecting the bike (also didn't bring it to a bike shop to have a deep look). It has a SRAM Red crank with Quarq DZero Dub PM and an Absolute Black Oval chainrings.

I just realized that something doesn't look great in my BB-crank integration. For me, it looks like there is a piece missing in the BB-crank section because the free space in between is just too small. So even if I got something like a small rock in that place it'll badly damage the frame.

I want to show you some pics because it looks to me that the chainring/PM is rubbing the frame and I'm a little concerned if it's damaging the carbon in the frame or only the paint. Also if it looks like not right, if it's the point to talk to the seller and try to arrange something for this.

Also interested to know because I have the same issue with this. I don't get enough clearance to use a right side power meter as it catchs and rub.
Suspect it is 386EVO compatibility issue

iankovski

by iankovski

Leon wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:52 am
I have no experience with SRAM but it sure looks tight..... Did you look online for exploded diagrams of the crank build up? On myDale for example there are very nice diagrams which tell you how many spacers should go in etc.

Have not checked my Blade with Campagnolo BTW. So I even don't know but maybe it is just as tight. I will have a look when I get home.
I just checked the SRAM manual, will share it later here. Which website is this, could you share it here?
bearapy wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:04 am
iankovski wrote:

Also interested to know because I have the same issue with this. I don't get enough clearance to use a right side power meter as it catchs and rub.
Probably it's if you don't use spacers enough. But the BB for the 795 is only 386, right? Not the EVO.

bearapy

by bearapy

iankovski wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:59 pm
Leon wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:52 am

I just checked the SRAM manual, will share it later here. Which website is this, could you share it here?
bearapy wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 11:04 am
iankovski wrote:

Probably it's if you don't use spacers enough. But the BB for the 795 is only 386, right? Not the EVO.
I had the pioneer dura ace power meter, shimano cranks don't have spacers. I tried adding spacer (1.5mm iirc before it let me spin freely) but then I can't shift the front derailleur (limit screw already removed :noidea:)

Leon

by Leon

iankovski wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:59 pm

Oh, I meant the Cannondale website and cannondale cranks. So nothing related to SRAM and Look.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

20220714_073007.jpg
For reference..campy 12 50/34 on token BB.

@RDY on seatpost 3 from 2...any difference in comfort given #2 has an elastomer that supposed to help with comfort?

Leon

by Leon

That's the same as mine. Although I use the Campa BB386. And that has an edge on the cup for the clamp to secure the crank.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Luften

by Luften

rudye9mr wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:37 pm
20220714_073007.jpg

For reference..campy 12 50/34 on token BB.

@RDY on seatpost 3 from 2...any difference in comfort given #2 has an elastomer that supposed to help with comfort?
Huge cracks running up your BB and seat post, have you had them checked out?