Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

muti

by muti

The headtube length will be around 5mm shorter compared to the 795 on each size.Until the official geometry chart is released I cannot positively confirm it though.Indeed somehow the black proteam on Bellati's site looks better than previous pictures.Given that the press presentation has already being made,I think is a matter of days the official launch.Let's wait(we already waited so long).I was pleasantly suprised by the pricing,didn't see that coming.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

wha'ts the tire clearance for the disc brake model?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

muti

by muti

30 measured on the rim for disc,28 for the rim brake version.415 chainstay length for disc,405 for rim.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I'd like to see more of the short course tri setup... as with my injuries I only do short course nowadays.

I'm willing to dump alot of money for bike that can take the place of 2
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

anykarthik

by anykarthik

This review was posted over a week ago, so I'm surprised to not see it here. But nonetheless --

https://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/a2 ... rs-review/

I bought a Venge Pro in September this year. If not, this 795 would have shot to the top of my list.

andreas

by andreas

anykarthik wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:38 am
This review was posted over a week ago, so I'm surprised to not see it here. But nonetheless --

I bought a Venge Pro in September this year. If not, this 795 would have shot to the top of my list.
What do you like more about the 795 than the Venge? Also, could you comment on whether the logos on the Venge Pro are stickers/decals?

Zorka

by Zorka

Any owners or reviews of 795 frameset? I´d like to know more about frame weight and stiffness.
I found it cheapest at Bellatisport, any other ideas where to order?

anykarthik

by anykarthik

andreas wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:11 am
anykarthik wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:38 am

What do you like more about the 795 than the Venge? Also, could you comment on whether the logos on the Venge Pro are stickers/decals?
The logos don't appear to be stickers. The finish of the Venge Pro is quite nice (as nice as a matt finish bike can look).

The Venge is a fantastic machine and I'm loving riding it. I haven't weighed mine, but it seems as heavy/light as the Ridley Helium Ultegra that it replaced. That's quite an achievement for an aero frame with disc brakes and deep wheels.

The only downsides to the Venge for me are: front-end is a bit harsh, internal cabling is not rattle-free and, mainly, where I live *everybody* has a Specialized. Thankfully, at the least the Venge is less common.

Having never ridden the 795, the appeal is in the supposed comfort, the aesthetic, the supposed build quality, the flexible seating position and the uniqueness (you never see a Look on the streets here in Seattle). Of course if the 795 is significantly heavier than the Venge, it will not be appealing to me.

andreas

by andreas

anykarthik wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:05 pm
andreas wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:11 am
The logos don't appear to be stickers. The finish of the Venge Pro is quite nice (as nice as a matt finish bike can look).

The Venge is a fantastic machine and I'm loving riding it. I haven't weighed mine, but it seems as heavy/light as the Ridley Helium Ultegra that it replaced. That's quite an achievement for an aero frame with disc brakes and deep wheels.

The only downsides to the Venge for me are: front-end is a bit harsh, internal cabling is not rattle-free and, mainly, where I live *everybody* has a Specialized. Thankfully, at the least the Venge is less common.

Having never ridden the 795, the appeal is in the supposed comfort, the aesthetic, the supposed build quality, the flexible seating position and the uniqueness (you never see a Look on the streets here in Seattle). Of course if the 795 is significantly heavier than the Venge, it will not be appealing to me.
Thanks for the reply! Have you tried other disc brake bikes with less harsh front-ends? I read the same comment several places about the Aeroad rim vs. disc, it lost some of its' magic ride quality in the disc version, to me it seems like an inevitable byproduct of having to make stiffer forks for the increased torque from the disc brake.
I agree with you on the supposed build quality, not so sure about the aesthetics though, I think the more traditional-ish seat stays look a bit boring.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Zorka wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:35 am
Any owners or reviews of 795 frameset? I´d like to know more about frame weight and stiffness.
is bellatisport legit though ?
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

dgasmd

by dgasmd

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:25 pm
Zorka wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:35 am
is bellatisport legit though ?
More "legit" tha most online european outfits LOL....

muti

by muti

jedi-sports.de has some pretty good deals on the 795.Since the new 795 Blade Rs is going to be quite cheaper(albeit without crankset),I don't know if it's worth going that way.Then again that's personal preferences.

lieutenantDomestique

by lieutenantDomestique

I was all but set to grab a great 2018 closeout on a 785 RS frame until really digging into the new 2019 Blade 795 RS at the last minute.

I'd dismissed the new 795 out of hand as a pure aero bike, but it seems I was more than mistaken as it's been transformed into essentially an all-arounder.

Decisions, decisions... Now, I can't decide between the two.

The 785 frame is a great deal, available immediately, but not my 1st color preference.

The 795 would be about $800 more, a month or more wait, but any color choice of the 2019 range.

And, while I'd been focusing my search on more of a climber before narrowing things down to the 785, it's not like the weight penality is all that much with the new 795 Blade... especially if not going for the propreitary Zed2 cranks on the 785, because they alone trim 190 grams and with standard BB on both, it's only about a 100 gram difference between the two frames and forks looks to me.

What do you guys and gals think?

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Asking this question, i think you end up with different ideal of esthetics for one.
I would perhaps consider which speaks to me the most.
Also not sure if i would base weight difference on the idea of adding Zed2 or not.
Blade looks cool, but i think it looks less so with spacers.
All aero bikes look much worse with spacers for some reason.

I would also ask myself how fast i am. I ride solo and i couldn't pace over 35km/h
If i was really fast and in fit for long and low, i would go aero.
For now i would go custom if i could afford and in that case, i'd go for fit, ride feel, handling and weight.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

mag

by mag

Web presentation is up: https://www.lookcycle.com/en/velo/795-blade-rs/
(it was briefly up last week but it was quickly withdrawn)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com