Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nino10

by nino10

Btw some new pics (:
(for larger images open the pic in a new tab)

(some parts for 2021:
MCFK Aero Bar, Carbon-TI Rotors & BIKE AHEAD COMPOSITES Adapter THE FIXER, Alpitude Components Stelvio/ Supperleggero and Cornetto, Zipp 2021 NSW, SCHWALBE Pro One Evolution Super Race V-Guard 2021 Tube Type Transparent Skin 25mm ...)

Have a good start into the new year !-)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bearapy

by bearapy

Defender110 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:19 pm
Thx - I didn't see it in the product list but you/others stated this before and I just didn't catch that. I just emailed them to hopefully get this version sent on my order. Appreciate the response.

Curious if anyone is using anything OTHER than a Token BB on their Look 795 Blade RS Disc? I am thinking the tolerances cannot be that off and Catani was onto something when he suggested they are non-compliant with BB386EVO spec. Meaning they did this deliberately for some reason. The BB shell is aluminium insert so, theoretically, they should be able to machine that pretty easily to good, consistent tolerances. Making a carbon BB shell perfectly round and co-centric and such is where I can see the complexity coming into play. Very Odd...

Also - just to clarify - on my other post - I am not trying to assert there was anything wrong with the Hambini BB I got. Quite the opposite - its a very nice piece of engineering and well worth the price IMHO. My comment was around the bike bb being off and thus the reason why the Hambini BB didn't work on my bike.
Using hambini bb since day one on the 795, no issue with fit on my particular frame. This is my second hambini bb and still amazed by the quality of the Delrin bushing/spacer thingy. It is light years better than the bbinfinite one which flexes even with finger pinching.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

nino10 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 3:40 pm
Btw some new pics (:

(some parts for 2021:
MCFK Aero Bar, Carbon-TI Rotors & BIKE AHEAD COMPOSITES Adapter THE FIXER, Alpitude Components Stelvio/ Supperleggero and Cornetto, Zipp 2021 NSW, SCHWALBE Pro One Evolution Super Race V-Guard 2021 Tube Type Transparent Skin 25mm ...)

Have a good start into the new year !-)
This is a great looking and spec bike! What's the final weight?
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Defender110 wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:19 pm

Curious if anyone is using anything OTHER than a Token BB on their Look 795 Blade RS Disc?
Using campy bb386 ultra torque...no issues / approx 3000km

nino10

by nino10

About 7.6 kg size S with powermeter (but without pedals).
Last edited by nino10 on Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Super nice build with excellent touches
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

nino10

by nino10

:) Thank you

WIRoadie

by WIRoadie

Hey guys. I feel like I'm in the battle of chameleons right now. Really can't decide between the new Look or the new 2021 Basso Diamante SV. Any thoughts?

achin

by achin

WIRoadie wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm
Hey guys. I feel like I'm in the battle of chameleons right now. Really can't decide between the new Look or the new 2021 Basso Diamante SV. Any thoughts?
Personally I feel like all the super bikes now are dropped chain stays and the only ones that are not are the Look Blade 795 RS and the Trek Madone. I love the look of the Trek Madone and the Look, hence why I purchased a Look late last year when I saw it for a silly deal. I am in the middle of upgrading it to Di2 from Mech.

Personally I chose my bikes on looks alone, as I am not a pure roadie but I use my road bike for my tri fitness. I have to admit, the Look rear seatstay design is really nice and has been noticeably smoother than my previous road bike. However, that could also be due to me trying to justify the new bike purchase. What I will say is if you want a weight weenie, the Look is not exactly the lightest bike, it is kind of a porker. But unless you want the top tested bike above all else, go with what you think looks sexy.

The Look is very rare where I live. Everyone owns a Trek or a Specialized. I think either bikes would be awesome, but I am 100% happy with my blade and do not regret the upgrade.
Last edited by achin on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

achin

by achin

Sorry double post

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Seems Look is making their own wheel...

R38Disc tubeless ready @ 1660g
19.3in/26.5ext

JayDee81

by JayDee81

rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:57 pm
Seems Look is making their own wheel...

R38Disc tubeless ready @ 1660g
19.3in/26.5ext
Yeah, looks pretty boring. Shallow rim, heavy, not wide.

SLH

by SLH

I'm starting a new RS blade build with 11speed Sram Red Etap. I need a new crankset as my old 795 build has the Zed 3 cranks. I could just purchase a Red crankset or a Rotor crankset. I'm just not sure which one.

Any views and thoughts appreciated.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

tomtom

by tomtom

Fantastic looking frameset but are there already some real life weights known of frame & fork? It seems as if it's still a litlle on the heavy site....
Canyon Aeroad CFR
Canyon Grail CF

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

doesn't look like this has been posted. better pics than any of Look's marketing materials or any reviews out there.

https://www.tokenproducts.com/item/489- ... s-ninja-bb
'

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com