Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

nino10

by nino10

SLH

by SLH

chan wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:11 pm
Hi SLH

I'm building mine with Force AXS. I'm using the Token bb38629. It will say Dub somewhere on the name or description. You'll need a 16 notch bottom bracket tool with 48.5 diameter. One to hold one to tighten.

I don't know about the rest of your questions. I'm thinking you can make an educated guess with the geometry tables.

And for the stem bolt I truly have no idea.
So, I found the BB and tool on the Token website and they want to charge me $130 shipping to Australia. WTAF!
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLH

by SLH

Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

hogsback

by hogsback

Hi fellow 795 owners.

I've managed to make a mess of my headset top cap. Does anyone know where it's possible to get a replacement one? I contacted a few dealers and either got no response or been told it's not available as a separate part which strikes me as ridiculous? The UK distributor simply ignores all emails and phone calls.

I also seem to remember that someone was having a stronger replacement top cap machined up - if they read this would they be interested in either selling one or sending me the CAD/diagram so I could get one machined locally?
2020 Look 795 Blade RS Disc; Campagnolo Record 12; Hunt 44 UD
2020 Kinesis Tripster AT; SRAM Force CX1; Mason x Hunt 4 Season (summer gravel) / Strada All Season (winter road)
2018 BMC Speedfox SF03; Shimano SLX; Alex MD30

achin

by achin

hogsback wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:12 pm
Hi fellow 795 owners.

I've managed to make a mess of my headset top cap. Does anyone know where it's possible to get a replacement one? I contacted a few dealers and either got no response or been told it's not available as a separate part which strikes me as ridiculous? The UK distributor simply ignores all emails and phone calls.

I also seem to remember that someone was having a stronger replacement top cap machined up - if they read this would they be interested in either selling one or sending me the CAD/diagram so I could get one machined locally?
Quick search on Ebay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Look-Replacemen ... SwNhNeDxVH

I saw there was some discussion on the expander redesign. I am not sure if this is the new or old expander, but I believe if you contact Look directly, they might send you the updated expander. They could also just ignore you. I have no idea.

FWIW I am using the older expander but I have had no issues so far. I am not a watt monster in terms of gross power numbers but I am by no means a weak rider, and if you tighten the front end correctly I do not see an issue with it; I think the issue is when you tighten the top cap and then the expander in that order, you don't get correct forces on the front end. You need to tighten the expander and then the top cap in that order. Note that my rubber gasket that holds the expander broke, so I macgyvered a twist tie to keep the assembly together. Works perfectly

hogsback

by hogsback

Ah thanks - so looks like I need to get a whole new expander assembly rather than just the top cap.

Look don't have any presence in the UK, they just have a distributor (ZyroFisher) who refuse to talk to anyone except dealers, and the dealers are just as useless.

I'll see if I can get a replacement expander from an EU dealer.
2020 Look 795 Blade RS Disc; Campagnolo Record 12; Hunt 44 UD
2020 Kinesis Tripster AT; SRAM Force CX1; Mason x Hunt 4 Season (summer gravel) / Strada All Season (winter road)
2018 BMC Speedfox SF03; Shimano SLX; Alex MD30

betacyclist

by betacyclist

nino10 wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:09 pm
Are those the new transparent Schwalbes?

betacyclist

by betacyclist

cool thanks, I was trying to see what is the actual tone of those transparent walls. It's much more dark than the classic skin. Aerothans, do worth the pricetag?

nino10

by nino10

betacyclist wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:44 am
cool thanks, I was trying to see what is the actual tone of those transparent walls. It's much more dark than the classic skin. Aerothans, do worth the pricetag?
Yes, they are darker.
More pics:
https://fotos.rennrad-news.de/s/20575

So far, the aerothans are working well. Rolls well, light and no punctures.

catani

by catani

hogsback wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:17 am
Ah thanks - so looks like I need to get a whole new expander assembly rather than just the top cap.

Look don't have any presence in the UK, they just have a distributor (ZyroFisher) who refuse to talk to anyone except dealers, and the dealers are just as useless.

I'll see if I can get a replacement expander from an EU dealer.
They have some presence in the UK, although not massive indeed. For future enquiries try Swinnerton Cycles in Stoke-on-Trent. They have been helpful and if you need to order parts from the Look spares catalogue, they should be able to do that for you. They also reply to email enquiries very quickly.

Now, if you think ZyroFisher are uncooperative, try the German equivalent GROFA. They don't even bother replying to email at all, as do some of their authorised LOOK retailers. Ones I have actually bought very expensive frame sets from. I got totally ignored and it was ZyroFisher who helped me sort out those issues.
Last edited by catani on Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catani

by catani

Here's my current weapons. The red frame set was replaced and the current one has a properly sized bb shell. The bb is a a Token, and while I did consider replacing it with a Hambini one, I have since decided I will keep it as I have been having no issues with it at all and after 1500km done this year, I consider it to be a decen bb, except the fitting method which can be tricky. I have only replaced the 110mm stem with a 120mm long one, and knocked it one spacer farther down for now.
Attachments
20210312_105001.jpg
20210312_104936.jpg

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Size bike you ride?

Reviews on the bora one 50?

Stable in headwinds etc?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

catani

by catani

rudye9mr wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:49 pm
Size bike you ride?

Reviews on the bora one 50?

Stable in headwinds etc?
Size L
Those Boras are tubs. I have only limited experience as I have only done approx. 200 miles on each, but so far they've been great. Yesterday was very windy, and I got pushed about a bit, but nothing worrying, but honestly I couldn't tell if it was the wheels or the frame set that were catching more of the cross-wind. And I weight 75kg, so windy weather is not so much of a problem for me.

I must say I had hesitated for a long time between the WTO and the Boras, but eventually went with the Boras as I wanted tubs.