Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JackWM

by JackWM

Looks great - was tempted with chameleon but had to match my mondrian dunks :D

Headset = you will 95% have the issue, Strype Street cycles put mine together and they sell more Look's than any other shop in the UK. Said it's almost unavoidable but it's well known by Look (the owner of the shop also rides a 795) and as with mine and others experience is an extremely temporary issue. I haven't touched the headset in months. I sometimes check the torque before a long ride and it's rocksolid but bring the torx key with you on the first few long rides just in case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Leon

by Leon

I read a lot on this issue in this thread. I also read that there seem to be way more issues with the series 1 than the series 2. Series 2 have a new expander if I understand correctly. The compression ring is quite a solid piece of steel. So I'm not surprised it needs about 10nm of the topcap to get rid of the play. That seems an awefull lot compared to other bikes. I didn't experience the stem deforming at 5nm. Mine stays true luckely. Still have hope I don't have issues... :wink:

And thanks of course. I wanted to go for the Mondrian but Look only had 2 size S in stock at the time I was looking. One Mondrian and one chameleon. And by the time I wanted to order the Mondrian it was gone. So I ended up with the chameleon. And the more I see it the more I think I made the right decision. Although I still like the white one.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Ytse

by Ytse

Has anyone tried and succeeded using a 3rd party stem or barstem (eg. Vision Metron 5D, Farsports, Deda Alanera) on the 795 Blade RS? Is it possible, or there is no other option than the factory aero stem?
2020 Scott Addict RC / 2021 Trek Emonda SLR / 2023 Specialized Tarmac SL8

Leon

by Leon

Take a look at page 36.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Leon

by Leon

Mine at least looks to be a bike now. Some small things to mount, double check all settings and tune the brakes. And than go outside for some nice pictures!
Attachments
IMG_20220526_212148541.jpg
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Ytse

by Ytse

Thanks, Leon. Do you know is there is a 1st party Garmin mount for the ADS / ADH combo?

Leon

by Leon

Not sure what you're saying but I have got a Look ICM with my ADS stem. You can see it in the picture above.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Ytse

by Ytse

Leon wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:37 am
Not sure what you're saying but I have got a Look ICM with my ADS stem. You can see it in the picture above.
Perfect, thanks.

RoyG

by RoyG

Yonni22 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:13 am
Been riding for a year with no issues. I didnt fill the gaps.
Hi! Do you think I would be able to use Farsports F1 one piece bar and stem for it? I am in the market to find one piece bar and stem with 36cm width but couldn't find any with 36cm width. Thank you!

JimV

by JimV

JimV wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 12:14 am
Front end creak??

Anyone else having issues with front end creak out of the saddle? I have done paste, no paste, under and over torque on the stem. I even pulled the one spacer and slammed the stem completely. I even lubed the treads on the thru axle. It almost goes away when it is hot outside.

Mine is a 2021 Asian Blade RS disc
Turns out is was the BB. Thought the screw together BB's and an alloy shell was supposed to prevent creaks. A little compound on in the shell and is beautifully quiet now.

Torquing up the seatpost took away the rhythmic noise too.

Leon

by Leon

My Blade is ready! (and how do you post pictures in the thread like not as a attachement you need to click on...?)
IMG_20220529_194940974_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220529_195139293_HDR.jpg
Ride bikes, not tanks!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

card0s

by card0s

Leon wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:15 am
My Blade is ready! (and how do you post pictures in the thread like not as a attachement you need to click on...?)

IMG_20220529_194940974_HDR.jpgIMG_20220529_195139293_HDR.jpg
Beautiful!

Leon

by Leon

Had three rides now. Total about 170km / approx. 100 miles. No issues on the headset. Used the manual to set the headset up. Works perfect. Had some noises from what appeared to be coming from the seatpost. So I put some extra carbon fiber paste on the post. That solved the noise. However, I now think that the sound was coming from the BB. I use Campa BB386 cups which are pressed in using mounting paste or grease. And after two rides I saw some grease being pressed out on the outside. So guess the noise came from breaking in the BB (is that possible you would ask yourself? As it is pressfit). Last ride of 67km was complety quiet and no grease being pressed out anymore.

I read in tests that the Blade is quite uncomfortable but I can't notice that. Even with 25mm tires. Compared to my Dale S6evo (2018) the ride is quite the same (and I run that bike with 28mm tires). Maybe the Look is a bit stiffer. What I do notice is the stability at high speeds (50+ km/h). I need to do minor adjustments on the shifters. They need to go up a bit. I'm not satisfied with how I wrapped the bar tape. So once I move the shifters I will change the bar tape also.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

Pew

by Pew

Just received my frameset yesterday! Can't wait to put it together.

@Leon What's the garmin mount on your stem? I tried to find the ICM mount you mentioned but the only ones I found were for the Easton stems:
https://eastoncycling.com/products/easton-icm-mount

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com