Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SLH

by SLH

RDY wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:27 pm
SLH wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:32 am
I hope these pictures show the colour. I included a closeup to highlight the speckle effect in the paintwork.

As I'm not building this up until all of my SRAM gear arrives, I will be leaving it all wrapped and boxed up, which means no weights just yet. Sorry.
It's beautiful, but I really question how 'aero' it is given the tube profiles and sizes ...
Trek, Willier and Factor appear to have a similar down tube profile.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Tour mag has it at 219w....article posted somewhere in this thread

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Defender110

by Defender110

SLH wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:38 am
Defender110 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 am
Yes Bellati is where I was seeing it in-stock. Glad you had a good experience there.

Glory Cycles is out of stock until August or so. I have a few other leads for the Chameleon in Large in US but no one has the white. Maybe I'll go with that one - thus my request for the pics from you! The stock photos are hard to tell but I guess thats the nature of that color.
August is only a couple of months away. I ordered my frame 5 months ago.
Haha - they are saying August of 2022!

SLH

by SLH

Defender110 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:07 pm
SLH wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:38 am
Defender110 wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:42 am
Yes Bellati is where I was seeing it in-stock. Glad you had a good experience there.

Glory Cycles is out of stock until August or so. I have a few other leads for the Chameleon in Large in US but no one has the white. Maybe I'll go with that one - thus my request for the pics from you! The stock photos are hard to tell but I guess thats the nature of that color.
August is only a couple of months away. I ordered my frame 5 months ago.
Haha - they are saying August of 2022!
I guess the "or so" is the variant here. :noidea:
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

Applesoap

by Applesoap

SLH wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:04 pm
Defender110 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:07 pm
Anyone have a shop they recommend to buy a 2021 Look 795 Blade RS Disc frame (pro team white - large) - assume it would need to be in EU somewhere. I found a retailer in Switzerland but says no shipping to US for this frame since I assume Look is worried about warranty issues and limited dealer network in US or whatever. Yes I would need it shipped to US.

I have a buyer local for my current frame and would prefer the 2021 version due to lighter lay-up and color change.
Your retailer in Switzerland (Bellati) is where I purchased my frame from, and it's a pity they can't ship to the USA as Andrea is great to deal with. Have you tried Glory Cycles (Clive) in USA? They are Look dealers and worth getting in contact with.
Did you by any chance order you Sram Red groupset from Bellati as well?

SLH

by SLH

Applesoap wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:37 am
SLH wrote:
Defender110 wrote:
Anyone have a shop they recommend to buy a 2021 Look 795 Blade RS Disc frame (pro team white - large) - assume it would need to be in EU somewhere. I found a retailer in Switzerland but says no shipping to US for this frame since I assume Look is worried about warranty issues and limited dealer network in US or whatever. Yes I would need it shipped to US.

I have a buyer local for my current frame and would prefer the 2021 version due to lighter lay-up and color change.
Your retailer in Switzerland (Bellati) is where I purchased my frame from, and it's a pity they can't ship to the USA as Andrea is great to deal with. Have you tried Glory Cycles (Clive) in USA? They are Look dealers and worth getting in contact with.
Yes, I did. I have heard that Andrea isn't taking any new orders on Sram.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

Applesoap

by Applesoap

SLH wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:54 pm
Applesoap wrote:
SLH wrote:
Defender110 wrote:

I ordered my set from Andrea earlier in the year and was expecting to receive them in March but have since been delayed until July. Are you in the same situation? And also what bottom bracket are you planning to run with your 795 and sram?

SLH

by SLH

Applesoap wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:17 am
SLH wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:54 pm
Applesoap wrote:
SLH wrote:

I ordered my set from Andrea earlier in the year and was expecting to receive them in March but have since been delayed until July. Are you in the same situation? And also what bottom bracket are you planning to run with your 795 and sram?
Yep, I'm in the same boat with the Sram AXS gear. I wound up purchasing the Token BB that Look recommends on their website. After reading various posts here, I felt that was the safest option. Picked one up at a good price on eBay, after Token USA pointed me there.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

markyboy

by markyboy

Just took delivery of my look :D does the headset spacers come with the stem as i have to buy the stem and bars seperate
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Stem is proprietary, supposed to come with frame and spacers for stem as well as headset

markyboy

by markyboy

Found them in the bag,another question what the screw hole for on the seat post clamp?
And the 2 screws on the post itself I take it that it's for a battery :noidea:
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Everything should be in the manual

The two screws already in back of seat post are an extra bottle cage mount if you running a Triathalon set up

AlexFuga

by AlexFuga

Defender110 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 4:53 pm
I posted before - pretty sure the 'play' in the headset comes from the spacers compressing and settling in. Thus the process you noted which is to just continue to tighten it if it seems loose. Nothing else in that system was moving on my bike before - this assumes you can remove the headset expander being too loose as thats the most obvious culprit. The original headset expander that came with my bike was crap - replaced with the newer version and it works much better and not moving.

On question above - first ride could be across the street or 10-20 miles before you may feel some looseness - or you may never have it occur at all. I would guess using less spacers makes the problem less likely. I am using all the spacers to get my stack close to spec so my issue may be worse than others. Also on the looseness - Its really not obvious and would often take me some time playing around with pushing the fork up against a wall at different angles to see or feel it move at all. In the ride, you may only feel it on rough roads where there is alot of compression to the front end. In my case, I dont see it as a safety issue in this manner. Yes - continuing to ride it if it loosens further could be an issue and cause other concerns.
I think I finally got to the bottom (top, really) of the loosening headset issue on this bike .. after much frustration aligned with other postsers, I finally realised that it's the shape of the proprietary steer tube (rounded rectangle) that might be the culprit. If using a spacer on top of the stem where the steer tube is recessed below the spacer, it's critical to be sure that the inside diameter of that spacer allows space for the top bit of the steer tube to move up into the void as the top cap compresses the assembly. Because the corners of the steer tube come so close to the inside edge, it can get stuck and not allow the headset to compress. The other issue is when using the top cap directly on top of the stem (without spacer) for the most aerodynamic setup. There needs to be enough recess of top of the steer tube down inside the stem clamp to not press up against the top cap. I know this seems obvious, but I cut my steer tube just shy of the top of the stem, so could have been an issue. Also - don't overtighten the stem clamp bolts (steer tube, rather than handlebar) more than the 5nm or you'll get creaking when you swing the bike on a climb or sprinting .. and there's no chance of slippage anyway because of the aforementioned steer tube shape!

I hope that's helpful - please feel free to ask for any clarification!
A

SLH

by SLH

And we still wait on Sram. It's tough having everything in place except for one company's products.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

Applesoap

by Applesoap

SLH wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:10 pm
And we still wait on Sram. It's tough having everything in place except for one company's products.
I know the feeling, Andrea is saying hopefully July. Fingers crossed there are no more delays, lucky it's still winter here in Australia so the wait is not too excruciating.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com