Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

forklifter

by forklifter

I have some of Hylix products via that eBay-account.
Even a light seatpost for Caledonia 5 tightened with 4nm - works perfectly fine for me around 75kg.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

The thing is... that Look seatpost needs way more than 5nm to stay n place.

There are some rumors on seatpost slippage and Look themselves advise for more than 10nm.

I'm wondering if Hylix knows that and if their steatpost is build to sustain that kind of force

forklifter

by forklifter

I asked them about it and got that short but quick response:

"we'v been selling Hylix seatpost for more than 8 years
and with enough anti-slipping grease
our buyer never complained about slipping problem"

naavt

by naavt

forklifter wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:16 am

Instructions from Look mentions to NOT apply any paste! This was confirmed by my LBS also.

forklifter

by forklifter

So everyone has to decide for themselves whether they want to try it out and whether the lower weight is worth the risk.

moonoi

by moonoi

naavt wrote:
forklifter wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:16 am

Instructions from Look mentions to NOT apply any paste! This was confirmed by my LBS also.
I had nothing but problems with the seatpost slipping until applying paste, after which no problems at all.

Was really annoying during the local L’Étape event here as I had to stop and adjust the seatpost every 40km over the 166km distance.

naavt

by naavt

forklifter wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:54 pm
So everyone has to decide for themselves whether they want to try it out and whether the lower weight is worth the risk.
That's true

naavt

by naavt

moonoi wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:37 pm

Was really annoying during the local L’Étape event here as I had to stop and adjust the seatpost every 40km over the 166km distance.
I was really surprised when I knew that Look recommends no paste at all. When talking about this with my LBS mechanic, he told me that almost all issues with seatpost slippage comes from assembling it with paste. Once used the paste creates a "channel" (sorry if it is not the right word for it), between the clamp and seatpost clamp area that will prevent the clamp to do its job properly after that.

I don't have my bike assembled yet and I really hope to not have any issues, but I know for sure that my LBS is going to assemble without paste. I can come here afterwords and share my findings about this.

markyboy

by markyboy

Do you think they will do something about that brick of a stem its so heavy
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

NotYou

by NotYou

markyboy wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:45 pm
If you mean Look addressing it on the current model, that seems unlikely. Based on a link shared in another thread dedicated to the topic, the new 795 is already in a rather late stage of development and gets a new cockpit.

forklifter

by forklifter

NotYou wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:55 pm
markyboy wrote:
If you mean Look addressing it on the current model, that seems unlikely. Based on a link shared in another thread dedicated to the topic, the new 795 is already in a rather late stage of development and gets a new cockpit.
hopefully this is not the Blade

naavt

by naavt

markyboy wrote:
I just don't have my bike yet because a spacer is being designed to join my integrated handlebar to the headset top spacer, so I'm ditching the stem

NotYou

by NotYou

forklifter wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:59 pm
NotYou wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:55 pm
markyboy wrote:
hopefully this is not the Blade
Supposedly it's called the 795 RS

moonoi

by moonoi

naavt wrote: I was really surprised when I knew that Look recommends no paste at all. When talking about this with my LBS mechanic, he told me that almost all issues with seatpost slippage comes from assembling it with paste. Once used the paste creates a "channel" (sorry if it is not the right word for it), between the clamp and seatpost clamp area that will prevent the clamp to do its job properly after that.

I don't have my bike assembled yet and I really hope to not have any issues, but I know for sure that my LBS is going to assemble without paste. I can come here afterwords and share my findings about this.
Well mine was built by the local distributor also with no paste and did nothing but slip, I wish you to have better luck than I

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

naavt

by naavt

OK! My LBS mechanic told me that Token BB38625 was the best option for a Campa BB.

I've understood Token's thread concept and it seems right to me, and even if I have a C-Bear BB laying around to install, I went on to search for a Token one because of his advise.

Anyway, that BB is nowhere to be found!!! I've searched all Europe and nothing! Do you guys think that this deserves all the hassle and Token is really the best choice or would you choose to mount the C-Bear in this case?