Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

card0s

by card0s

nino10 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:46 pm
card0s wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:06 am
Too bad they don't come in Center lock.
I use this one (with a Shimano Adapter Lock Ring, since the Shimano Lock Ring is thinner*) without problems
:
BIKE AHEAD COMPOSITES Center Lock Adapter THE FIXER 19g
https://r2-bike.com/BIKE-AHEAD-COMPOSIT ... gL7FvD_BwE

* viewtopic.php?f=113&t=158166&start=15
(However the Blade Frame would also have enough space for other Lock Rings - Zipp for example)
It's quite an expensive combo for me at the moment, but I won't deny, they are the best-looking disc rotors I've seen so far on a road bike and super light too!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HenryH

by HenryH

I have always had a soft spot for Look. One of few brands that try to do things a bit differently. But I have never liked the look of the 795 on their homepage. And I'm a bit over black bikes. However, that is a magnificent looking bike. Look should contact you because it looks 100x better in your pictures than in theirs.

Defender110

by Defender110

Just checking in - absolutely loving my 795 Blade RS Disc and all issues worked out and running fine to date. The oversized C3 BB from Token works great in my slightly oversized BB shell as I posted before. The Token is a really nice bit of kit - have the Hambini which didn't fit and the Hambini is nicer slightly but the Token Ninja is more than adequate.

I have a Large Red frame - would love a white one - let me know if anyone wants to swap or is selling theirs. I cannot get them anywhere in the US - so if you have a source that would be helpful as well - don't mind buying new.

SLH

by SLH

Not that it matters too much in the big picture, but....

My new 795 Blade RS frame is on its way to me after a 5 month wait. Just a bit excited. :beerchug:
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS
DT Swiss ARC 1100 Dicut 50

hogsback

by hogsback

Update: 3000km and headset rock solid - and Surrey roads are pothole central.

The headset WILL come loose first ride. The trick is no to RE-tighten the top cap, you need to TIGHTEN it. i.e. don't slack it of and then re-torque or you will be back to square 1. Loosen off the stem bolts, crank the top cap back to 12Nm, retighten the stem bolts. Repeat until all the play has worked out of the system - took me a couple of iterations and it has been rock solid since.

No, I don't know where the play comes from, the only thing I can think of is compression of the spacers - would be interesting to see if anyone who is riding without spacers gets the problem.
2020 Look 795 Blade RS Disc; Campagnolo Record 12; Hunt 44 UD
2020 Kinesis Tripster AT; SRAM Force CX1; Mason x Hunt 4 Season (summer gravel) / Strada All Season (winter road)
2018 BMC Speedfox SF03; Shimano SLX; Alex MD30

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

At 5300km on this...my exp is same as hogsback...headset required a re-torque after first few days....trouble free since...

Ridden on good roads and not so good roads, in one case in four hours of rain...no issues.....campy 12 speed set up..

Based on +ve feedback of Token bb, i'll swap out to that in the next few weeks as i'm due to change bb out of preventative maintenance.

If anyone has a link to mavic thru-axles, front and rear, let me know pls...for another wheelset

achin

by achin

rudye9mr wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 6:53 pm
At 5300km on this...my exp is same as hogsback...headset required a re-torque after first few days....trouble free since...

Ridden on good roads and not so good roads, in one case in four hours of rain...no issues.....campy 12 speed set up..

Based on +ve feedback of Token bb, i'll swap out to that in the next few weeks as i'm due to change bb out of preventative maintenance.

If anyone has a link to mavic thru-axles, front and rear, let me know pls...for another wheelset
I can sell you mine if you want. I swapped mine to Robert Axle Project and I hate the mavic ones.

DM me if you want. I live in Canada though, so shipping might be a bit more expensive

SLH

by SLH

hogsback wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:55 am
Update: 3000km and headset rock solid - and Surrey roads are pothole central.

The headset WILL come loose first ride. The trick is no to RE-tighten the top cap, you need to TIGHTEN it. i.e. don't slack it of and then re-torque or you will be back to square 1. Loosen off the stem bolts, crank the top cap back to 12Nm, retighten the stem bolts. Repeat until all the play has worked out of the system - took me a couple of iterations and it has been rock solid since.

No, I don't know where the play comes from, the only thing I can think of is compression of the spacers - would be interesting to see if anyone who is riding without spacers gets the problem.
How far was the "first ride"? Did you notice it whilst riding or when you got home? Just wondering about safety aspect.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

Defender110

by Defender110

I posted before - pretty sure the 'play' in the headset comes from the spacers compressing and settling in. Thus the process you noted which is to just continue to tighten it if it seems loose. Nothing else in that system was moving on my bike before - this assumes you can remove the headset expander being too loose as thats the most obvious culprit. The original headset expander that came with my bike was crap - replaced with the newer version and it works much better and not moving.

On question above - first ride could be across the street or 10-20 miles before you may feel some looseness - or you may never have it occur at all. I would guess using less spacers makes the problem less likely. I am using all the spacers to get my stack close to spec so my issue may be worse than others. Also on the looseness - Its really not obvious and would often take me some time playing around with pushing the fork up against a wall at different angles to see or feel it move at all. In the ride, you may only feel it on rough roads where there is alot of compression to the front end. In my case, I dont see it as a safety issue in this manner. Yes - continuing to ride it if it loosens further could be an issue and cause other concerns.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

@ achin...thanks for offer but shipping to me might be double a new axle

SLH

by SLH

My new frame is currently on its way to me, but I've had a bit of a strange thought.

I ordered in January this year, but does the guarantee me a 2021 model frame (the lighter one)? I have ordered the "chameleon" colour, which was available in 2020 and 2021. Is there a way to check and be sure that I actually have the frame model that I wanted?
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

Applesoap

by Applesoap

SLH wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:19 pm
My new frame is currently on its way to me, but I've had a bit of a strange thought.

I ordered in January this year, but does the guarantee me a 2021 model frame (the lighter one)? I have ordered the "chameleon" colour, which was available in 2020 and 2021. Is there a way to check and be sure that I actually have the frame model that I wanted?
I'm in the same boat, the designated 2021 model was available in the latter half of 2020. So you should be receiving the lighter one. The easiest way to spot if you have the light model is the updated seatpost.

SLH

by SLH

Applesoap wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 12:50 am
SLH wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:19 pm

I'm in the same boat, the designated 2021 model was available in the latter half of 2020. So you should be receiving the lighter one. The easiest way to spot if you have the light model is the updated seatpost.
Thanks for the reply. How has the seatpost changed? Oh, just checked and I gather it is now the Aero 3?
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS

RDY

by RDY

You'll get the newer model unless you're buying old stock from a retailer's long held in-stock supply. In which case it should be clearly stated by them that it's the old model.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SLH

by SLH

Frame arrived today. Definitely new model with Aero 3 seatpost.

The chameleon is spectacular in the flesh.
Look 795 Blade RS
Sram Red AXS