Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Good looking bike but it’s a few years out of date really isn’t it, this is maybe what the last version should have looked like.

Geo chart showing a SA of 75.8, can’t be right surely?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Once again, they seem to have missed the point every person that have loved Look in the past have expressed as the reason for not getting another since the 595/485 days: “ way too many proprietary parts (stem, seat post, crank)”!! I thought surely this one would be more like the Huez recently released in that regard.

Too bad. I guess I’m now I’ll wait for the new Time to come out as I have just taken this off the table altogether as a potential bike to get!!

mag

by mag

Yes I'm pretty disappointed for the same reason. Seatpost is ok since it's aero bike anyway. Crank seems to have gone the BB386EVO way which is good change. But it seems that only their proprietary stem can be used there.

hannawald

by hannawald

Not willing to buy it as i am into italian bikes but in my eyes it is the nicest 2018 aero bike. Proprietary seatpost and stem is common for new bikes, it will be so in the future for the sake of cable integration. So nothing to complain about, it is aero bike..

mag

by mag

Still it's nice to see that there are some bikes where you can swap the proprietary stem for some more regular one (of course giving up on that integration).

savechief

by savechief

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:53 pm
Geo chart showing a SA of 75.8, can’t be right surely?
It's an adjustable seatpost with four different setback positions. They're probably just taking an average of those four resulting positions for the purposes of the geo chart.
Time VXRS Ulteam (7.16 kg)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=120268

rlanger

by rlanger

I'm struggling to decide between this bike and the Huez.

For an n=1 guy like me, The Blade is a very intriguing option.

I live in an awesome riding location where I'm near both mountains and flats for days. So something that is aero, but also doesn't hold me back on the climbs, really appeals to me.

I don't race, and I'm not the fastest rider around though, so I'm not sure I'm going to benefit much from its aero properties. I'm not exactly slow either though as I can comfortably hold 30 to 35 kph on the flats in calm conditions on my current non-aero steed.

I also think it's a stunner, quite a bit nicer looking than the Huez, but that of course is purely subjective.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

Always, always get whichever looks nicer

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rlanger

by rlanger

Kayrehn wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:29 am
Always, always get whichever looks nicer Image

Yeah, you got a point there.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I thought I liked Huez and hated the old 795 aerolight, I’d never seen either in person though so went and had a look. In person the Huez was “nice” but it didn’t actually have anything going for it whereas the 795 was absolutely stunning even though I used to think it looked like a shitting dog, go and see ‘em in person, you never know how you’ll react.

alistaird

by alistaird

Monkeyfudger wrote:I thought I liked Huez and hated the old 795 aerolight, I’d never seen either in person though so went and had a look. In person the Huez was “nice” but it didn’t actually have anything going for it whereas the 795 was absolutely stunning even though I used to think it looked like a shitting dog, go and see ‘em in person, you never know how you’ll react.
Got to agree with this. I'm always surprised at how different frames can look in person Vs in pictures...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I suspect that when the Blade RS becomes available it will take away from 795 sales dropping its price. May be wrong but something to consider. And as much as I hate integration and proprietary parts, can deny that when you look at price alone the 795 is not bad given it includes the crank, seatpost, headset, and stem!

Applesoap

by Applesoap

I just ordered a disk brake frameset, however it wont be arriving until march though.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

The old 795 is a good looking bike. Got the 785 huez too and like that too although I need to finish the build off.

Look need to stop releasing bikes. I want the 795 blade too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SchallUndRauch

by SchallUndRauch

Here's a test by an Italian webpage (easily translated by Google): https://www.cyclinside.it/web/look-795- ... una-prova/ Quite positive.
Applesoap wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:01 pm
I just ordered a disk brake frameset, however it wont be arriving until march though.
Which size? Please keep us informed. Size M would fit me perfectly (the first aero bike ever to do so), so I am keenly interested :D