Look 795 Blade

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Applesoap

by Applesoap

rudye9mr wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:58 pm
^ what was your last bike and was the geometry hard / easy to dial in for the LOOK vs previous bicycle?
I had a size 52 2017 Cervelo S2, yes it's pretty easy to dial in because the seatpost has a two setback options.

*Edit* here's a picture of mine, weighs in at 8.2kg with everything sans water bottle. I think I can easily get it sub 8kg if I swap to a smaller dura ace cassette and run lighter tyres with less sealant.
Attachments
0.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

Applesoap wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 am
rudye9mr wrote:
^ what was your last bike and was the geometry hard / easy to dial in for the LOOK vs previous bicycle?
I had a size 52 2017 Cervelo S2, yes it's pretty easy to dial in because the seatpost has a two setback options.

*Edit* here's a picture of mine, weighs in at 8.2kg with everything sans water bottle. I think I can easily get it sub 8kg if I swap to a smaller dura ace cassette and run lighter tyres with less sealant.
What are the handlebar and Garmin mount? Why is yours so much lighter than bearapy's?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

I really like the bike but the conflicting weight measures and bar integration worries me. There’s no reason a DA Di2 setup should be almost 9 kg

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Frankly, FOR ME PERSONALLY, I have to ask WHY!!!!!!!!!, when I see anything past 6.2 kg these days. Seriously, why???????

bearapy

by bearapy

jlok wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:26 pm
thx for the heads up. Looks great!

Any first ride impression?

p.s. looks like it's Hong Kong?
It’s very plush for a carbon bike but still feels incredibly lively. Objectively faster than the orbea I had. It’s a really agile bike but bottom bracket is higher than I’m used to, I’m sure it will get better in time.
The stand-over height is quite high, those with short inseams may need to check.

Ps. Hong Kong is correct, well spotted.

Pps. For those wondering why my build is on the heavy side, I’m running an 11-34 cassette, long cage ultegra and 28c tyres. I will put it on a diet and reweigh soon

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Fully dressed ax bike, with computed etc, 5.8Kgs.
About 8Kgs +, that's like a gravel bike.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

kgt

by kgt

That's the new trend. Aero bikes weighting 8kg or more.

Applesoap

by Applesoap

jlok wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:17 am
Applesoap wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:22 am
rudye9mr wrote:

What are the handlebar and Garmin mount? Why is yours so much lighter than bearapy's?
Using Easton EC70 40cm bars and some random aluminium garmin mount that I found on ebay, that coincidentally fits perfectly flush with the stem.
The 8.2kg includes my Garmin 530 if that's of interest.
I'm not sure why mines lighter besides the the frame size.
I'm running 25mm vittoria corsa controls TLR on 46mm deep Lightspeed/DT350s hubs so not the lightest things on the market.
I'm also using an old 32 tooth ultegra cassette which I plan to swap out soon. Hope that gives you some answers.

cerro

by cerro

kgt wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 pm
If you get a heavy one yes, not if you're getting a light one.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

cerro wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:36 pm
kgt wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:56 pm
If you get a heavy one yes, not if you're getting a light one.
Hey Cerro, what's the ligher one's weight (also keep size in mind, mine is a 56)?
Don't forget to Include computer, pedals and b.cages?
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

cerro

by cerro

wheelsONfire: A S-Works Venge with those parts in 56 is like 7,4-7,5kg if we're talking heavy dura-ace pedals.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

Is there any Garmin mount for the proprietary stem?
If not, can a third party stem be used?

bearapy

by bearapy

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:59 am
Is there any Garmin mount for the proprietary stem?
If not, can a third party stem be used?
Have not seen any stem mounts yet for the proprietary stem.

There is a garmin mount included with the adh2 handlebar. But any mount must be less than 15mm wide if you use your own.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

So for those who have the bike, how does it feel on the road? Is it as compliant as LOOK says?

Applesoap

by Applesoap

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:07 pm
So for those who have the bike, how does it feel on the road? Is it as compliant as LOOK says?

I've previously rode on a giant propel and a cervelo S2, it's much more compliant than both and the ride feel is silky smooth. If you push down on the saddle you can see the seatstays bow out. The front end is noticeably more harsh in comparison it is very stiff, but I think a different choice of handlebars would smooth things out (FYI the stem is propriety). I'm also curious at how it compares to the trek madone because of their similar weight and focus on comfort/aero.
I also mentioned earlier that it feels very stable like its on rails, thrash the bike into a sprint it will react instantly but also gives a sensation that the wheels are glued to the ground, no tyre skipping/hopping unlike my previous bikes. Descending on the look is of course very confident inspiring because of the disc brakes and the rail like feeling.
I know there are a lot of complaints about its weight and I think its due to a few things; the solid metal bottom bracket and saddle clamp, and the metric ton of paint on it. Seriously there's a section of exposed carbon on the seatpost and you can see that there is like a 1mm thick layer of paint on it, if look did a bare carbon paint job similar to spesh they could probably save 100-200grams.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com