WW alternative for Pro Stealth saddle (152mm width)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

refthimos

by refthimos

With my SystemSix on order, I'm looking to turn my Evo Hi-Mod into a WW build. I run the Shimano Pro Stealth saddle in the 152mm width. Anyone else out there who runs this saddle have suggestions for appropriate WW (e.g. all-carbon) alternatives?
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swright

by swright

I have a Fabric ALM Ultimate Shallow (155g) that is nice, albeit a bit pricey. When you hold and feel it, the padding seems light, but I've never had any problems as long as the bibs/shorts have a good, quality chamois.

I also have a Fabric Scoop Shallow that is a bit more padded (and heavier) that I use for really long rides. The Fabric saddles are shaped similarly, so having different saddles from the same manufacturer makes swapping and (re-)fitting a snap.

I really like the Fabric saddles (https://fabric.cc/products/saddles/) and they have a pretty good range of sizes, shapes, rail materials, colors and weights.

cheers,
Scott

p.s. I asked a comparable question a while back, have a look at this thread: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 3&t=150809. Have a look also at the Pro Stealth Carbon (~175g), Fizik Aliante R1 (175g) and the Bontrager Montrose Pro (~167g) which is very competitively priced.

nex

by nex

I have a Berk Lupina in 132mm and it is the most comfortable saddle I've owned. He also makes them in 150mm.

refthimos

by refthimos

swright wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:16 pm
Have a look also at the Pro Stealth Carbon (~175g)
Yes, the Stealth Carbon is my workhorse saddle on all my bikes other than the TT bike. Looking for a true WW alternative (i.e. under 100g) for a special build.

Berk Lupina sounds like a strong contender, but with a saddle it's all about the shape, right? From the photos I can find, it does appear to have a similar shape (cutout, scooped in middle rather than flat, sitbone area angles down) but is there anyone out there who rides/had ridden both saddles and can comment if they indeed fit similarly?
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

cycleboyco

by cycleboyco

Take a look at this thread, page 7 if the link does not already take you there:

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&start=90

Person was on a Pro Stealth and is moving to the new Berk Dila-about 100 grams, but you can get it lighter if you forego the padding. No comments from him yet on his ride experience on the Dila, but he does show pictures of both saddles and they look similar. Dila is 160mm at widest point. I am considering this saddle to replace a Specialized Power. I would keep an eye on this thread for comparison comments or PM him.

wingguy

by wingguy

That Dila certainly looks the part.

Several of the other saddles mentioned are good saddles and may work for you, but none of them are remotely similar to a Stealth. Hardly anything is, tbh, so if you want to sick with a similar shape but drop a measurable amount of weight the Dila is going to be one of, if not the, only options.

refthimos

by refthimos

cycleboyco wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:14 pm
Take a look at this thread, page 7 if the link does not already take you there:

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&start=90

Person was on a Pro Stealth and is moving to the new Berk Dila-about 100 grams, but you can get it lighter if you forego the padding. No comments from him yet on his ride experience on the Dila, but he does show pictures of both saddles and they look similar. Dila is 160mm at widest point. I am considering this saddle to replace a Specialized Power. I would keep an eye on this thread for comparison comments or PM him.
Yes! This is a great lead and certainly looks like the best prospect I've seen so far. Much thanks!
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
S5 Disc
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Silenthunter

by Silenthunter

I know it’s been a while but I got this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Full-Carbon-Bi ... 4175822016

It’s the same thing as the 142 size. Mine weighed 83g. It has a tiny amount of give compared to the last full carbon saddle I tried.

It is slippery though. I tried cutting out a cork pad and it was an ok result. Ended up 93g with 1/8” cork and double sided tape attachment. Maybe just an adhesive backed felt would do the job.

Not the best but just an option. It was too cheap not to try for an 85g +/- saddle. And it has the pro stealth shape. I love the 152 myself.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

If i'm not mistaken, Berk saddle shell flex, which Stealth doesn't. If you push high wattage, you should be aware of that a stiff saddle offers more stance.
A saddle shell that dip in the middle, will make the nose more pronounced. A saddle that might be of interest is Selle Italia SP-01 Boost.
But that is if you don't move.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com