Water Bottles

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

PeterKim

by PeterKim

I have been cycling for a few years, and I have never been satisfied with any water bottles that I used. The charts are purely based on my personal experience.

Camelback

- Cap
    All (Hard to clean)

- Bottle
      Podium (Water test good)
        Podium Chill (Water taste good) (hard to squeeze)

Prust

- Cap
          MoFlo (When flipped while open water comes out)
            Watergate (Not durable)

- Bottle
              Prust basic(Water taste bitter by time)

Tacx

- Cap
                Shiva (Leaks when closed) (When flipped while open, water comes out) (Hard to open)

- Bottle
                  Shiva (Water test like milk)

So, What water bottle do you recommend? That is easy to squeeze, durable, good water taste, water does not come out when flipped while open, sealed well, and easy to clean.
                  Last edited by PeterKim on Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

Elite Fly for me..

Pros: Cheap, super easy to squeeze and clean. Utimate selling point for me was that its not plastered with the brand.

Cons: Nozzle easily closes even when flipped upside down as your drinking from it.
                  THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
                  Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

uraqt

by uraqt

Really you have had the Purist tast bad? I love my Purist Hydroflo use them about 6 month, boiling water after each ride, full of water in fridge till next ride.. same tast as new/no tast. Could use them longer but I treat myself...

THere are a few big threads here about this ...one testing if the chilled bottle work one about wieght.. I have tried them all and there is a reason why the Hydroflo cost the most it's the best... : (

C

LouisN

by LouisN

jimaizumi wrote:
                  Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:41 pm
                  Elite Fly for me..

Pros: Cheap, super easy to squeeze and clean. Utimate selling point for me was that its not plastered with the brand.

You forgot : Lightest bottle :)

Louis :)

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Camelback

- Cap
                    All (Hard to clean)
                    Camelbak has new bottles/caps out this Eurobike. The cap looks like it can be fully disassembled and cleaned, and the bottle is said to be easier to squeeze.

PeterKim

by PeterKim

uraqt wrote:
                    Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:11 am
                    Really you have had the Purist tast bad? I love my Purist Hydroflo use them about 6 month, boiling water after each ride, full of water in fridge till next ride.. same tast as new/no tast. Could use them longer but I treat myself...

THere are a few big threads here about this ...one testing if the chilled bottle work one about wieght.. I have tried them all and there is a reason why the Hydroflo cost the most it's the best... : (

C
                    What cap do you recommend with the Hydrpoflow bottle MoFlow?, Fixy?, or Watergate.

uraqt

by uraqt

It's too personal peference preference, but I am soft guy and use the Fixy...But I think all the Spez tops/caps are great...

C

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

I prefer Purists and the Watergate valve/cap. The standard MoFlo is a bit of a mold magnet.

kytyree

by kytyree

Yep, I like the purists bottles as far as standard bottles go, and they are easy to find in various colors to suit your tastes or lack there of.

I use the polar insulated bottles too, I don't particularly like them, but they seem to last and I feel like they are a necessary evil for me in the summer time.

ms6073

by ms6073

antonioiglesius wrote:
                    Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:48 am
                    Camelbak has new bottles/caps out this Eurobike. The cap looks like it can be fully disassembled and cleaned
                    Saw that but no mention of availability for the new caps.
                    - Michael
                    "People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

IrrelevantD

by IrrelevantD

So, I use Podiums, both the insulated and the non... Polar, Purist, Elite Corsa, old Specialized bottles (mostly free ones from Rallies/sportives)... I honestly just grab the one that's closest to the front of the cabinet and go.

Unless I'm doing a long ride and it's hot and I need to specifically grab an insulated bottle, I really don't think about it this much. Which bottle I use (again, unless we're talking 3hrs or more) really isn't going to impact how enjoyable my ride is unless I don't have enough of them.
                    * There is a 70% chance that what you have just read has a peppering of cynicism or sarcasm and generally should not be taken seriously.
                    I'll leave it up to you to figure out the other 30%. If you are in any way offended, that's on you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
                    Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com