EuroBike 2018

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Well, lets see now. Stefan from Lightweight still, I think, posts on the German WW Forum. Adrian from RAR on French ones, Waldo from Zipp stopped, Rolo Bikes Im also not sure about, RTW is still around but posts much less. Not sure where guys like Felix, Alienator, et al have gone but granted its been a long time. Whilst I wouldnt like to proscribe one motive for a whole bunch of people, I know a number who stopped posting due the the beligerent and argumentative, even racist, posting of a few who seem to dominate the forum now. It all went downhill when madCows "This forum would be a much better place"... etc etc etc got forgotten.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Denavelo wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:22 pm
OK, so I officially have wood. There, I said it LOL.........

That is gorgeous and can only imagine it costs a kidness and half of the other at least!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Leviathan wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:22 pm
... I know a number who stopped posting due the the beligerent and argumentative, even racist, posting of a few who seem to dominate the forum now. It all went downhill when madCows "This forum would be a much better place"... etc etc etc got forgotten.
I think I get what you mean... Sometimes it feels like someone's ridden a few (or even his first) bikes and decided that he's better than everyone else. Or is better at climbing (just because he's skinny) and thinks he's a superior human in every way. There is a lack of willingness to listen and think about what the other side has to say. And to perhaps consider that one might himself be wrong.

It also feels like that civilian sitting in a comfortable armchair next to the fireplace telling the soldier in the warzone what the latter should be doing.

The dumbest, to me, are arguments not about facts but subjective matters. It's like arguing about religion, it doesn't get anywhere.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

theres very little of the "respectfully, you and I have a different point of view" on this forum anymore. Its more YOUR VIEW IS WRONG AND I WILL POST UNTIL I DIE TO PROVE IT:
Like the discussion about Disc Brakes, for example. BUt Im an old fart, so whatever.

maquisard

by maquisard

Anyway, enough of this off topic stuff.

Back to Eurobike which has announced it is returning to the more traditional start of September timeslot - https://www.bikebiz.com/community/eurob ... -september