PInarello F10 disk - weight vs Tarmac SL6

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sychen

by sychen

Mark, it sounds like you need to get used to your new bike and position.
If your setup have changed quite alot, then your body needs to get used to it to get the most out of a more aggressive position.

For the "snap" you are looking for, a wheel change might be the ticket.
Those Mavic's are quite heavy and while good for holding speed, not going to climb too well.
As others have said, a set of Bora Ones would give the bike a very different ride.

For reference weight of my entire wheelset : Roval CLX50/Turbo 26mm/DuraAce Rotors/buytl innertubes/Spec thruaxle

Rear: 1468g
Front: 1144g

maybe weigh your wheelset as a whole to see what rotating weight you are dealing with.

guyc

by guyc

Lose 1kg from your body

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MarkPW

by MarkPW

I was looking at the CLX50 having seen them in the flesh, on the Tarmac SL6. Only reason I went with the Mavic is my Kysrium have been bulletproof.

My wheelset:

Rear: 1484g (inc xg-1190 cassette and RT900 160mm rotor) + 66g thru axle = 1550g
Front: 1179g (inc same rotor) + 29g thru axle = 1208g

There is clearly a few hundred grams to lose all over, but working with the F10 seems hard to justify when the SL6 is £1k cheaper and lighter. I desperately want to love the F10, but while the option is there I can get rid and not lose out financially.
Lose 1kg from your body
Lost 5kg this year, but lost a lot of power with it and it's not easy to get back!

TonyM

by TonyM

MarkPW wrote:
Lose 1kg from your body
Lost 5kg this year, but lost a lot of power with it and it's not easy to get back!
Watch out to loose fat (not water, muscle etc....)!

TonyM

by TonyM

MarkPW wrote:I was looking at the CLX50 having seen them in the flesh, on the Tarmac SL6. Only reason I went with the Mavic is my Kysrium have been bulletproof.

My wheelset:

Rear: 1484g (inc xg-1190 cassette and RT900 160mm rotor) + 66g thru axle = 1550g
Front: 1179g (inc same rotor) + 29g thru axle = 1208g

There is clearly a few hundred grams to lose all over, but working with the F10 seems hard to justify when the SL6 is £1k cheaper and lighter. I desperately want to love the F10, but while the option is there I can get rid and not lose out financially.

Go tubulars, then you will have light wheels.

But at the end a Tarmac disc or Emonda SLR disc will be much lighter than the F10 disk.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

My Tarmac is 6.9kg

CLX50 Wheels
Ax Lightness Handlebar
AX Lightness Saddle
Enve Aero stem
THM M3 Crankset
Sram Red Etap
Speedplay Steel Pedals
Arundal Bottlecages

MarkPW wrote:New here! I've built up a Pinarello F10 disk and it's come out at ~7.8kg, it's a lovely bike but I was expecting it to be closer to 7kg. It has 1k MOST Aero bar, SRAM red hrd wifli groupset and chainset, Mavic Cosmic SL UST wheels (1570g pair without tyres), Dura-ace 160mm rotors, Dura-ace R9100 carbon pedals, 230g Prologo saddle. There is probably 200g to lose with lighter wheels, but I can't see where else I could make any significant reduction.

I'm wondering whether I should swap it for the S-works Tarmac SL6 disc frame as I'm seeing builds under 7kg. Does anyone know how these two frames compare? The F10 is aero and as expected, great on the flats, but I had hoped for the best of both worlds with living in a very hilly area.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

TonyM

by TonyM

alexneumuller wrote:My Tarmac is 6.9kg

CLX50 Wheels
Ax Lightness Handlebar
AX Lightness Saddle
Enve Aero stem
THM M3 Crankset
Sram Red Etap
Speedplay Steel Pedals
Arundal Bottlecages

Tarmac rim or disc brake version?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

TonyM wrote:
alexneumuller wrote:My Tarmac is 6.9kg

CLX50 Wheels
Ax Lightness Handlebar
AX Lightness Saddle
Enve Aero stem
THM M3 Crankset
Sram Red Etap
Speedplay Steel Pedals
Arundal Bottlecages

Still needs final fitting

Tarmac rim or disc brake version?

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

TonyM

by TonyM

Wow long legs short torso!

sychen

by sychen

Can't be much seatpost in the bike.. I'm assuming saddle height needs adjusting?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Still needs adjustment, but not much. Got long legs. And still within allowance of seat post max out.
sychen wrote:Can't be much seatpost in the bike.. I'm assuming saddle height needs adjusting?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Strava
Instagram

guyc

by guyc

That saddle is incredibly forward Alex - that must be stressing the rails.

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

It is at its max forward. Need an inline seatpost.

guyc wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:08 am
That saddle is incredibly forward Alex - that must be stressing the rails.

Strava
Instagram

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

guyc wrote:That saddle is incredibly forward Alex - that must be stressing the rails.
Have ordered one!

Strava
Instagram

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eforce123

by eforce123

hannawald wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:19 am
if not sure about time xpresso (they work well and as a bonus you will not mix sram etap with shimano pedals:) you can buy chinese version on aliexpress called Costelo for some 60 usd. people use it with success here..
for integrated stem-bar look at ursus magnus. light and italian, comes with aero spacers so looks pretty integrated. so many options to make it light and functional.. no need to regret, you have one of the best frames available.
I am not finding the Costelo pedals on aliexpress???