Rental bike vs our bike....chase for perfection?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Boshk

by Boshk

I had a chance to visit San Francisco in June, rented a Canyon Aeroad size small from Rapha club.
Brilliant service from them, bike came with DA di2, fizik arione R3 saddle...all the 'standard' canyon stem etc and Mavic carbon wheels on 25mm conti tires.

Compared to my C60, just from the specs above, one would say, it will be a harsher, more aero, you might be stretched out a bit, saddle for pretty flexible riders....di2 would be more accurate shifting though....if setup right.

For the first few km, the only things I thought were....'saddle is different' and 'this di2 is crisp'
I only rode 70km but I didn't even think about the saddle, fore and aft position, the reach, saddle height (granted they set it to my spec) or even shifting. I shifted whenever I wanted, even out of the saddle....DA di2 was setup pretty much perfect

I just rode the bike, enjoyed it, enjoyed the amazing roads (that descent down to Muir Beach...wow) and sceneries.....

Now back home...
My current bike is a Colnago C60, my current obsessions are to do with my recent bike fit.....change
saddle=Selle Italia SLR flow--->Pro Stealth--->back to Selle....debating Fabric Scoop, Fizik, Berks or something else....
pedal=Keo to shimano....maybe the 4mm longer axles ones...
stem=change to 90mm from 100mm
handlebar=change to one with shorter reach...75mm to 70mm

Every time I go riding, I always find myself picking out little flaws, kinda annoying haha

Anyone else like that?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MAsshole

by MAsshole

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

But yes, me too. :thumbup: