Allez sprint disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

Kesselflicker wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:44 pm
ancker wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:23 pm

I just went from an Allez Sprint Rim Brake to Allez Sprint Disc. Pretty much pulled everything off the old frame and installed on the new one. (Minus rim brakes and wheels.)
It has 12x100 and 12x142 axles. So you'll be set in the wheel department. There is plenty of tire clearance as well. I have 28c road tires on mine at the moment.

I'm also running SRAM eTap (11sp) mechanical. I have the TRP Spyre mechanical disc calipers installed. They bite/brake very well after properly bedding. I suppose there are other options, but I obviously can't speak to those.

I have a large spool of Jagwire brake housing and used that for my initial build. The front is nice and crisp, the rear is spongy, but still manageable. Because of that, I have purchased Jagwire's Kevlar Compressionless brake housing and will switch to that for the very long rear brake housing run. I suppose any compressionless housing will work well.
Thank you for your help and Information. Can you show a few pictures from the brake on your Sprint ?

Can you tell me, how long must be the screws for the front and rear flatmount adapter. :noidea:
Thank you :thumbup:
+1
In the midst of building my allez disc too.

endershan

by endershan

This bike belongs to one of my friends, I like the aesthetic pretty much.
Attachments
96db0f09171d8f4270c9ec131edef95.jpg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

eins4eins

by eins4eins

nice frame, but i don't like the build. looks like it was build in a hurry with leftover parts.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Needs a -6 stem and some black rings.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ancker

by ancker

Helmetbox wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:47 am
Kesselflicker wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:44 pm
ancker wrote:

I just went from an Allez Sprint Rim Brake to Allez Sprint Disc. Pretty much pulled everything off the old frame and installed on the new one. (Minus rim brakes and wheels.)
It has 12x100 and 12x142 axles. So you'll be set in the wheel department. There is plenty of tire clearance as well. I have 28c road tires on mine at the moment.

I'm also running SRAM eTap (11sp) mechanical. I have the TRP Spyre mechanical disc calipers installed. They bite/brake very well after properly bedding. I suppose there are other options, but I obviously can't speak to those.

I have a large spool of Jagwire brake housing and used that for my initial build. The front is nice and crisp, the rear is spongy, but still manageable. Because of that, I have purchased Jagwire's Kevlar Compressionless brake housing and will switch to that for the very long rear brake housing run. I suppose any compressionless housing will work well.
Thank you for your help and Information. Can you show a few pictures from the brake on your Sprint ?

Can you tell me, how long must be the screws for the front and rear flatmount adapter. :noidea:
+1
In the midst of building my allez disc too.
The bolts that are included with the TRP Spyre calipers works fine.
The front 160/140 adapter included bolts to attach the caliper to the adapter, and bolts to attach the adapter to the fork. Both sets worked fine.
The rear also came with a 160/140 adapter, I'm running 140 so I didn't need it and bolted the caliper directly to the frame. The included fixing bolts were the correct length.

The rear flat-mount hole depth can be different on different frames. The Allez Sprint Disc measures 25mm. So the threaded part needs to be 25mm plus whatever is required by your caliper to attach properly. The TRP Spyre indicates "Hole depth +6mm (minimum) up to +10mm (maximum). So the required bolt length is 31mm to 35mm.
Source: https://trpcycling.com/wp-content/uploa ... rev-21.jpg

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

Thank you
Last edited by Kesselflicker on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

ancker wrote:

Helmetbox

by Helmetbox

ancker

by ancker

As a quick update, I replace the rear housing with jagwire compressionless and rear braking is _much_ better now. It now makes what I thought was decent front braking feel not so great. Soon I'll replace the front housing too. :)

New wheels arrive today. I'll post a picture when the wheels are ready. It'll be nothing special, the same Red/Blue livery that seems to be pretty common, but I like it a lot.

quadzilla

by quadzilla

talked to a friend who works at a bike shop today. He says Speci will release an sworks allez sprint disc. Same frameset but specced with di2, clx 50's, expect around 5-6k

ancker

by ancker

quadzilla wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 am
talked to a friend who works at a bike shop today. He says Speci will release an sworks allez sprint disc. Same frameset but specced with di2, clx 50's, expect around 5-6k
Strange. Why not just get a Venge then?

TLN

by TLN

Tech from $10k venge in allez frame. I'll take venge over Allez anyway: very happy with mine (X1 limited: Force X1, CL64, sworks saddle/bars).
His: Orbea Orca OMX
Hers: Cannondale Synapse HM Disc

ancker

by ancker

ancker wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:00 pm
As a quick update, I replace the rear housing with jagwire compressionless and rear braking is _much_ better now. It now makes what I thought was decent front braking feel not so great. Soon I'll replace the front housing too. :)

New wheels arrive today. I'll post a picture when the wheels are ready. It'll be nothing special, the same Red/Blue livery that seems to be pretty common, but I like it a lot.
A follow-up to my update...

I came across a set of eTap HRD Shifters/calipers for an unbeatable price and jumped on them.
So mechanical levers and TRP calipers are gone.

HRD installed and bled. Feels better than mechanical, but I've never really ridden hydro before. So can't really judge there.
Pics soon, if it ever stops raining...

dcorn

by dcorn

quadzilla wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:21 am
Seems a bit pricey still. I think an Allez Disc with Ui2 and CL50 wheels would be perfect at maybe $4500-5000. Basically a Tarmac Pro ($6700) build on an Allez frame, but gotta be cheaper than a standalone build from a frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

The replacement disc frame after mine was snapped racing.... Also went to 7.8s..ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk