Allez sprint disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

I have a sprint and really like the disc version. The allez sprint following is so high and the constant bad ass point jobs just make it worse.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

morganb

by morganb

07stuntin6r wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:17 pm
I have a sprint and really like the disc version. The allez sprint following is so high and the constant bad ass point jobs just make it worse.

I want a second rim brake frame as a spare because I like the pink paint so much. They have killed it with the limited paint thing.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

morganb wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:

I want a second rim brake frame as a spare because I like the pink paint so much. They have killed it with the limited paint thing.
Yeah I'm just curious if I want the disc model also or just get an emonda, tcr or tarmac.

Sock3t

by Sock3t

07stuntin6r wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:04 pm
morganb wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:

Yeah I'm just curious if I want the disc model also or just get an emonda, tcr or tarmac.

It's so tough to compare. I feel like the other bikes with their bland colours just get lost in the sea of bikes.

Datmo

by Datmo

For what it’s worth the Allez Sprint is one of the most fun bikes I’ve had. My latest two bikes have been 1st gen Venge and latest gen Ultimate CF SLX Disc. I sold my Allez Sprint only because I wanted discs and now that it’s here I might actually sell my Ultimate to make room for the Allez Sprint Disc.

Sure the comfort is not comparable but the Allez Sprint is so stiff, responsive and has the right amount road feel that I simply get more joy out of riding it compared to the other two.

Now, my situation is a full time job and a family with two young children so I rarely go out on century rides. Short and full gas is the name of my game most of the time and the Allez Sprint takes the win in that department.

Plus, I can’t afford the new Venge.

rainerhq

by rainerhq

EU pricing: frameset 1480€, bike 2045€
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"

jorryt

by jorryt

I'm out. Too much of a rise...

JBeauBikes2

by JBeauBikes2

I bought a Redhook Crit frame and it’s still sitting brand new in the box because I can’t decide if I love it enough to not go disc brake this year. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t until the Allez disc came out...decisions

perplex

by perplex

Pricing around the world is interesting...

These are the old non-disc vs. new Disc pricing increases

AUD has gone from $1500 - 1750 = 16% increase (equivelent to USD 1280)
US has gone from $1200 - 1500 = 25% increase
EUR - I cant find the new Disc frame but if the Euro 1480 (USD 1692) is correct then it's a big increase as the old is listed at Euro 999... (48% increase.)

Can anyone comfirm the EUR pricing?

BTW: Glad that I got mine in Austrialia :)
A Dane relocated to Sydney - and now back in CPH...

Sock3t

by Sock3t

JBeauBikes2 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:17 am
I bought a Redhook Crit frame and it’s still sitting brand new in the box because I can’t decide if I love it enough to not go disc brake this year. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t until the Allez disc came out...decisions
What size?

Slack

by Slack

The GBP pricing is the same as the Sagan rim frame set. £1300.

tutle2020

by tutle2020

Anyone got their hands on the stock model? Any weights?

sockpuppet

by sockpuppet

As soon as I got word of an Allez Sprint Disc, I had my shop put an order in. Out of the three frameset colorways, I liked the Rocket Red/Chameleon Blue colorway the most. I sold my rim brake allez sprint on Online Swap Meet (had everything parted out and sold within 48 hours), and was on the hunt to complete the build for the "Red Rocket"

Groupset: full Ultegra Di2 R8070 (purchased from Merlin)
Wheelset: Roval CL50 (traded my Zipp 404 rim brakes straight up with my mechanic at the shop, took a little hit but made life easy)
Bars: New Sworks Aerofly 42cm (the new model has a bumpy surface on the tops for traction)
Saddle: Specialized Power Arc Expert 155mm in Holographic colorway (found on the new Venge Pro)

Little odds and ends to button up the build: CeramicSpeed OSPW, sprint shifters on the drops, SupaCaz bar tape, sworks 26mm tubeless tires (work out to 28.3mm on those CL50 rims!). Since I splurged for the pulley system, I am mismatching my 5800 stages power meter to the ultegra crankset. Didn't realize my old oval chainrings didn't match up to the new R8000 crankset, so I have an Absoluteblack chainring set on order.

Total weight for a 58cm frameset: 7.95kg/17.5lb (ready to ride - pedals, cages, mount)

stockae92

by stockae92

That looks awesome, and the weight is repectable for the components.

what tires are you running? how much room you have left on the tires?
sockpuppet wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:01 pm
As soon as I got word of an Allez Sprint Disc, I had my shop put an order in. Out of the three frameset colorways, I liked the Rocket Red/Chameleon Blue colorway the most. I sold my rim brake allez sprint on Online Swap Meet (had everything parted out and sold within 48 hours), and was on the hunt to complete the build for the "Red Rocket"

Groupset: full Ultegra Di2 R8070 (purchased from Merlin)
Wheelset: Roval CL50 (traded my Zipp 404 rim brakes straight up with my mechanic at the shop, took a little hit but made life easy)
Bars: New Sworks Aerofly 42cm (the new model has a bumpy surface on the tops for traction)
Saddle: Specialized Power Arc Expert 155mm in Holographic colorway (found on the new Venge Pro)

Little odds and ends to button up the build: CeramicSpeed OSPW, sprint shifters on the drops, SupaCaz bar tape, sworks 26mm tubeless tires (work out to 28.3mm on those CL50 rims!). Since I splurged for the pulley system, I am mismatching my 5800 stages power meter to the ultegra crankset. Didn't realize my old oval chainrings didn't match up to the new R8000 crankset, so I have an Absoluteblack chainring set on order.

Total weight for a 58cm frameset: 7.95kg/17.5lb (ready to ride - pedals, cages, mount)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Cattiy

by Cattiy

Nice bike!

I want to use my Quarq Dzero Carbon BB30 (with the long BB386 mm spindle) in the Allez sprint. Is there any decent aftermarket thread in bottom bracket available for this setup?