Allez sprint disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sockpuppet

by sockpuppet

stockae92 wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:02 pm
That looks awesome, and the weight is repectable for the components.

what tires are you running? how much room you have left on the tires?

SWorks Turbo Tubless 26mm. I'm confident I could fit up to 31-32mm, there is PLENTY of clearence for tires.

Ride Update:
I have about 170 miles on the bike so far, and here are some takeaways
- Holy stiff! The combination of thru axles, the CL50 wheels, and aero bar and stem leave wishing I had some more compliance, vertically. Compared to my rim brake Allez, it is night and day stiffer. I can't wait to crit race this bike!
- The Power Arc saddle is not working out, I swapped back to my original power saddle yesterday, and glad I did. PM me if you'd like to buy that saddle (Power Arc Expert, 155mm Hologram reflective). I wish it could work, but it isn't.
- Di2 is the jam! The new hydro R8070 is great.

I think the largest takeaway is the stiffness compared to the rim brake model. This most likely has to do with the thru axles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cerro

by cerro

Cattiy wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:34 am
Nice bike!

I want to use my Quarq Dzero Carbon BB30 (with the long BB386 mm spindle) in the Allez sprint. Is there any decent aftermarket thread in bottom bracket available for this setup?
Why threaded bb, isn't the frame already BB30 so just mounted the included spacers and ride? For BSA bb FSA got a BB386 threaded bb that would work fine.

Cattiy

by Cattiy

cerro wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:30 pm
Cattiy wrote:
Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:34 am
Nice bike!

I want to use my Quarq Dzero Carbon BB30 (with the long BB386 mm spindle) in the Allez sprint. Is there any decent aftermarket thread in bottom bracket available for this setup?
Why threaded bb, isn't the frame already BB30 so just mounted the included spacers and ride? For BSA bb FSA got a BB386 threaded bb that would work fine.
No creaking?

projectrichie

by projectrichie

just curious, did you drill your frame to run di2?

sockpuppet

by sockpuppet

projectrichie wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:03 pm
just curious, did you drill your frame to run di2?
The Allez Sprint Disc comes Di2 ready out of the box :)

projectrichie

by projectrichie

dam, didnt even know that :O

im on the rim brake version might have to jump on the disc brake bandwagon and also no need to drill holes now to run di2 :D . i absolutely love my allez sprint. so much performance for its price

jlok

by jlok

What's the tire clerance?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

sockpuppet

by sockpuppet

jlok wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:20 am
What's the tire clerance?
Last night I fit the Specialized Roubaix pro 30/32mm tires that measure 33mm on my Roval CL 50 rim (21mm internal/29mm external rim)
The rear clearance is perfect, I wouldn't be scared to run that tire for training. On the fork, the clearance is tight... Fits, but is tight. Say if you accidentally picked up a small rock and it stuck in the tire, it would most definitely scratch the underside of the fork.

jlok

by jlok

thx sockpuppet. that's very good to see it could fit 33mm effective width!
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

25/28 roubaix would be perfect.
Using Tapatalk

kshills101

by kshills101

Beautiful build!
I have an Allez Sprint Disc being built up as we speak....super Gucci build. Should be sub-16lb .
Pictures will follow...

Suby

by Suby

^ Can't wait to see.

I'm debating picking up a Sprint Disc Comp, or doing a rim brake build if I can find a 56cm Acid Pink frame. I'm currently on a TCR Disc (getting bored of it), so swapping parts to a disc frame would be the easiest/cheaper build.... But the manager at my LBS let me ride his Acid Pink rim brake and I just looooooove the color. Anyone know the paint code? Maybe I can respray a disc frame.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Suby wrote:^ Can't wait to see.

I'm debating picking up a Sprint Disc Comp, or doing a rim brake build if I can find a 56cm Acid Pink frame. I'm currently on a TCR Disc (getting bored of it), so swapping parts to a disc frame would be the easiest/cheaper build.... But the manager at my LBS let me ride his Acid Pink rim brake and I just looooooove the color. Anyone know the paint code? Maybe I can respray a disc frame.
How do you compare the tcr to the allez sprint as far as stiffness and ride quality?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Suby

by Suby

07stuntin6r wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:41 pm
How do you compare the tcr to the allez sprint as far as stiffness and ride quality?

I only took out the Allez disc for a 10 min ride around the block, so I can't compare the two just yet. My TCR has Enve 5.6 wheels, which would add some stiffness/harshness to the ride quality of the TCR. I will say that I was quite surprised at how quick and snappy the Allez Disc Comp felt - given the fact that it has the heavier 105 groupo, and heavier stock wheels and not the best tires. I'd love to ride the Allez disc with all my TCR components. I'd imagine it might not be a forgiving ride, but I've always favored the stiffer ride of my old Propel Advanced SL to my current TCR.

If I do decide to pick up the Allez Disc Comp I'll see if my LBS will let me throw on my Enve's and take it for a spin around the block.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

I would love a disc allez. Hard to do the swap after all ive invested. Now I gotta wonder if an disc allez is worth it over a disc caad12 or tarmac!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com