Allez sprint disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

1500 USD :lol:
Hope they will improve QC ...
My friend's warranty frame isn't' straight at the seatpost so his seatpost is a little bit of and not way to adjust it since it's specific :)
They will have to be accurate enough to have the flat mount right too ...

it will surely translate to 1500 euros here in Europe
for 1500, I can have an ultimate sl disc frameset ( with aero cockpit and VCLS seat post )
All around bike , as confortable and stiff as the slx only a little bit heavier
Aero downtube
I would bet it's as fast but more comfy than the allez sprint

And carbon can be repaired easily and for not that much in most cases

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:09 pm
Since mpulsiv loves quoting Tour, he must be aware that the TCR is among the slowest frames tested in their aero test. I bet the lighter TCR is slower up shallow to medium grade climbs (say up to 7%) than the Allez with the same component spec.
What's your beef? I don't subscribe to Tour magazine. The only only source I follow are the facts and screenshots from the forums.
I haven't seen how TCR stacked up so I can't put my 02 cents about aero test. I brought up the fact that Specialized hiked prices thus Allez may no longer bring value. They slapped disc brakes and fresh paint job and called it good. I would give them thumbs up if they cleaned up the routing like on SL6, tighten the tollerances (e.g. for seatpost to perfectly allign) and perhaps consider threaded BB like on Tarmac Sport model. I have feeling that we'll see this in 2020 with D-shaped seatpost from Tarmac.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

asiantrick

by asiantrick

How's the Allez Sprint frameset compared to the new Trek ALR? ALR is about 500 cheaper.

dudemanppl

by dudemanppl

As far as I can tell, its full shift housing. Sounds like a piece of crap to me.

3rdworldcycling

by 3rdworldcycling

Oh man you guys shitted on the bike, I've wanted a Sprint for a while now and now that it has disc I'm sold, but the price tag is a bit of a jumb

mpulsiv

by mpulsiv

asiantrick wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:36 pm
How's the Allez Sprint frameset compared to the new Trek ALR? ALR is about 500 cheaper.
ALR is a solid frame, although frame geometry is not as aggressive as Allez Sprint. When it comes to handling and instant acceleration, Allez Sprint holds the handle. It's an ultimate race machine. BB stiffiness is on par with Tarmac. Kudos to Trek for keeping the price at $960
Trek must have followed the trend of Allez Sprint paint jobs, which are loud. This is the first time Trek released a nice paint job.
Racing is a three-dimensional high-speed chess game, involving hundreds of pieces on the board.

:arrow: CBA = Chronic Bike Addiction
:arrow: OCD = Obsessive Cycling Disorder

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The Emonda ALR is notably lighter than the Allez Sprint Disc. No practical stiffness difference will overcome that extra mass when it comes to acceleration.

Datmo

by Datmo

There are a few notable geometry differences between the Allez Sprint rim and disc version.

The Allez Sprint disc in size 54, compared to rim brake, has:

Wheelbase +7mm
Chainstay +5mm
Head tube length +10mm
Stack +5mm
Top tube horizontal +1mm
Front center +2mm
BB height -1.5mm
Bike standover height +68mm
Fork length full -5mm

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Datmo wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Was this meant to be 6.8mm?

Datmo

by Datmo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:38 pm
Datmo wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:34 pm

Was this meant to be 6.8mm?
Not according to Specialized website but I did stop and sort of questioned that myself. A size 54 Allez Sprint Disc would then have the same standover height as a size 61 rim brake model. I don’t know if that’s a typo but I does seem a bit strange.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Even 6.8mm wouldn’t be correct, so I’m very confused. The BB height being lower despite the same amount of drop confuses me as well. The only way that can happen is with lower profile tires.

Datmo

by Datmo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:49 pm
Even 6.8mm wouldn’t be correct, so I’m very confused. The BB height being lower despite the same amount of drop confuses me as well. The only way that can happen is with lower profile tires.
I might’ve got it wrong while I compared it so please have another look but there are certainly differences.
Attachments
C2B7F3C9-4AD8-40C9-8037-7122310C412C.jpeg
0E352372-CF59-4366-B37B-495C4A033209.jpeg

WheelNut

by WheelNut

The standover height listed on the Spesh website are almost certainly wrong. Add the stack height to the BB height of the disc frame and you'll notice that it is less than the stand over height which is impossible. You might notice that the stack height error is equal to the BB drop (adjusted for the new 1.5mm lower BB heights of the disc model). It's likely that they use some spreadsheet that calculates standover and somehow BB drop got mixed into the calculation. Standover has probably actually only changed by 1.5mm.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Datmo

by Datmo

WheelNut wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:33 pm
The standover height listed on the Spesh website are almost certainly wrong. Add the stack height to the BB height of the disc frame and you'll notice that it is less than the stand over height which is impossible. You might notice that the stack height error is equal to the BB drop (adjusted for the new 1.5mm lower BB heights of the disc model). It's likely that they use some spreadsheet that calculates standover and somehow BB drop got mixed into the calculation. Standover has probably actually only changed by 1.5mm.
Specialized have now updated the geo chart so it makes more sense.