Campagnolo 12s cable pull?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ericoschmitt

by ericoschmitt

Does anyone already know how's the cable pull of that thing? Will it possibly work with an 11s der?

I suppose crankset could stay the old 11s one, as well as fd?

And another question, on the same lines: Campy changed cable pull of their 11s stuff for second generation, does anyone know by how much exactly? I only have first gen and heard it's incompatible with newer stuff.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

no it wont work with 11 speed RD's. the new RD has compatley different geometry.
yes post 2015 potenza, chrous, record and SR RD's have different cable pull to pre 2009-2014 athena, chorus/record and SR RD's.

The spring tension on athena and potenza in the RD is different to the higher tier stuff meaning that the overshift that ultra shift makes will not be properly corrected especially if the routing has a tight bend or the cables are getting past there best. mixing athena or potenza RD and higher tier shifters means the shifting wont be right after a while.

centaur 11 speed runs on different cable pull again due to the different RD geometry. RD geometry dictates everything.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

front derailluer is different again on 12 speed. not compatible in any way with 11 speed FD's. The chainset ring spacing will be closer on 12 speed. it depends on what you think is compatible. chain drop is more likely.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

In an email conversation I had with Campy USA I was more or less told that an 11s crank would "work" BUT the direct quote was "we make parts to work together" ie... don't complain when you get less than ideal performance not using the matching parts.. as for the derailleurs, not backward compatible... Id also think any warranty would be voided if needed...