[Help] Broken Campy Rear Derailleur

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EthanAlef

by EthanAlef

Calnago wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:50 pm
So when you say you were running it with a Morph OPWS, do you mean something like this...
Yes. This shit is quite strong, only some scratches on it after shit. But my bora and campy sr rd is totally shitted.
I showed it to the Morph staff but they just showed me their boss's video that he is happy to use it. Damn that confidence where did it come to trust their product :lol: :lol: :lol:

EthanAlef

by EthanAlef

Kayrehn wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm
Calnago wrote:So when you say you were running it with a Morph OPWS, do you mean something like this...
Would you think these oversized cages might have added stress to the derailleur body at the dropout area?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Oh I have never thought about it. In Hong Kong, it looks like OPWS crush is quite common and I don't know why in the Internet I have never seen these complain in foreign country.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EthanAlef

by EthanAlef

Miller wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:42 pm
"The chain slipped behind the cassette during down hill. "

Maybe the derailleur inner limit screw wasn't set correctly.
Yes you are correct. I told this to the bike shop boss who help installed it. But he blamed me that I was still using the smallest gear ratio (chain on the big cog and smaller chainring) when I went down the hill. Damn it I climbed the hill with smallest gr than go down the hill, who would remember to change the gear (I don't know it is normal operation or not).

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, whether you coasted down the hill in your lowest gear or not is irrelevant. If it was due to a poor adjustment, and the bike shop boss installed it, then the bike shop boss should make it right and replace whatever needs fixing. Exact same thing happened to a friend where she took her bike in for servicing. First ride out chain goes into the spokes and rips off derailleur among other things. There was no blaming her at all. Installer knew he had forgot to set the limit screw properly, and fixed everything free of charge and apologized profusely.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wilwil

by wilwil

Whats the point in these after market cages?

c60rider

by c60rider

wilwil wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:12 pm
Whats the point in these after market cages?
They often boast about them having ceramic bearings thereby spinning with a minimum of friction though the Campag jockey wheel has that as standard. But the larger wheels supposedly reduce even more friction so once they've relieved you of about £/€500 you'll be saving all of about 0.00000001 watts!

Miller

by Miller

I see them occasionally on the UK time-trialling scene on the bikes of people chasing watt savings but everyone knows it's the most marginal of marginal gains.

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

They look nice in an outlandish way, but some of them seems to cost more than the derailleur itself so.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk