2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 pm
I think the eBike bit was a joke. That Ribble is definitely not an eBike. There is no evidence of a battery in the downtube,
Click the link, dude :doh:
and more importantly no purpose-built eBike would have a 2x drivetrain like eTap with normal sized chainrings. You’d see a large Bosch/Steps/etc middrive motor-box with a single small chainring there instead.
Like the Paralane Squared? Wait no, that's got doubles. Like the Pinarello Nitro? Sorry, doubles again. Synapse Neo? Neope.

Um... which ones were you thinking of? :wink:

chunky666

by chunky666

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:32 pm
I think the eBike bit was a joke. That Ribble is definitely not an eBike. There is no evidence of a battery in the downtube, and more importantly no purpose-built eBike would have a 2x drivetrain like eTap with normal sized chainrings. You’d see a large Bosch/Steps/etc middrive motor-box with a single small chainring there instead.

Haha Clearly not very well informed.

Bianchi Arai e bike

https://www.bianchi.com/global/news/new ... ou-need-it

Look E765

https://granfondo-cycling.com/look-e765 ... road-bike/

To name just a couple of the new generation of proper E Road bikes with proper groupsets

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Welp, my mistake. I've seen those, but I guess I didn't really commit the details to memory.

wingguy

by wingguy

Can't blame you, to be fair. I wish I didn't have to know anything about E-road bikes! :lol:

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

Monkeyfudger wrote:New Ribble is actually quite a looker,

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-endurance-sl-e/

For an e-bike!
Looks like a scott foil

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

That Ribble makes me want cry a little bit. Because the next time someone posts a 35km/h average in a sportive, or blow past me at 20 kph on a 10% alpine climb - I would not know whether that's because they are just damn good or riding an ebike. My only hope - and it is but a glimmer of one, I admit - is that given the lightweight nature of the this newfangled contraption, the battery runs out after the first pass of the Alpe D'Huez, and I will catch the bastard on the second go'round, grinning ear to ear like the Pirate.

jorisee01

by jorisee01

aeroisnteverything wrote:That Ribble makes me want cry a little bit. Because the next time someone posts a 35km/h average in a sportive, or blow past me at 20 kph on a 10% alpine climb - I would not know whether that's because they are just damn good or riding an ebike. My only hope - and it is but a glimmer of one, I admit - is that given the lightweight nature of the this newfangled contraption, the battery runs out after the first pass of the Alpe D'Huez, and I will catch the bastard on the second go'round, grinning ear to ear like the Pirate.
Made me smile!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

As it’s in the UK it’ll be subject to fairly shitty UK ebike assistance limit of 15mph, shouldn’t be taking many KOMz with that battery either.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

Monkeyfudger wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:39 pm
As it’s in the UK it’ll be subject to fairly shitty UK ebike assistance limit of 15mph, shouldn’t be taking many KOMz with that battery either.
Can you go up Whiteleaf or Kopp hill at 15mph average? I sure as hell cannot.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I don’t know where either of those places are but wouldn’t care either way, there’s always someone faster anyway.

fa63

by fa63

Stop worrying about who might pass you on a climb or how; just enjoy yourself :)
aeroisnteverything wrote:That Ribble makes me want cry a little bit. Because the next time someone posts a 35km/h average in a sportive, or blow past me at 20 kph on a 10% alpine climb - I would not know whether that's because they are just damn good or riding an ebike. My only hope - and it is but a glimmer of one, I admit - is that given the lightweight nature of the this newfangled contraption, the battery runs out after the first pass of the Alpe D'Huez, and I will catch the bastard on the second go'round, grinning ear to ear like the Pirate.

aeroisnteverything

by aeroisnteverything

fa63 wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:17 pm
Stop worrying about who might pass you on a climb or how; just enjoy yourself :)
That was a clearly a joke post, mate. :D

seaneT1

by seaneT1

So now that almost everybody has their new aero disc brake bike out, which of those do you guys believe that can be built to sub 7kg? The Venge seems doable, any other?

TiCass

by TiCass

seaneT1 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:26 pm
So now that almost everybody has their new aero disc brake bike out, which of those do you guys believe that can be built to sub 7kg? The Venge seems doable, any other?
Maybe the new S3 Rim

Mep

by Mep

Honestly sub 7 is hardly a difficult target for any of the top end aero disc bikes. For anyone that decently knows how to choose components and tune their rides, probably any major manufacturer's bike will come in under 7 in size medium.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com