2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wingguy

by wingguy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

maquisard

by maquisard

Depends on where the bike is made, China vs Taiwan, many manufacturers are already shifting production to Taiwan.

CyclingTips have discussed this recently on their excellent podcast and I would recommend you have a listen.

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Am I the only one thinking that almost every new aero road bike looks like Aeroad? :-)

bilwit

by bilwit

Roadrocket wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pm
Am I the only one thinking that almost every new aero road bike looks like Aeroad? :-)
it's aged quite nicely

parajba

by parajba

Roadrocket wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 pm
True, but I think it’s because of the dropped rear stays and the black stealth colour...

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Roadrocket wrote:Am I the only one thinking that almost every new aero road bike looks like Aeroad? :-)
A photo of aeroad disc popped up in my news feed and my first though was something along the lines of "sweet, someone built the new bmc with regular bottle cages". Realised a split second later that it was the old canyon.

Imo they all look really similar except for the madone and the cervelo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Dropped seat stays become a standard even on non aero road bikes and it´s not bad thing. Anyway, I am glad that Aeroad will stay the same at least for one year. And my recently arrived red 8.0 SLX will become ,,old´´ later :)

Cervelo imho looks too much ,,TT´´ and Madone is overpriced.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

IchDien wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:17 pm
Are all these tariffs going to change prices for 2019?
BMC said no
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Thought these might interest (sorry if you don’t do FB), not anything I’ll be in the market for but that might actually be the best looking roadie e-bike I’ve seen so far. Shame the new Tri bike is likely disc only.

https://www.facebook.com/55112762163236 ... 921692220/

https://www.facebook.com/55112762163236 ... 781707734/
Last edited by Monkeyfudger on Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

It looks like all new TT / Tri bikes are going to be disc only going forward (say hello to further investments in disc brake disc wheels ;) - 2000+ for brandname ones ) although this is segment which needs discs the least of them all. But that Dolan Tri bike is plain ugly with totally weird cable routing, probably a rebranded Chinese frame.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 pm
It looks like all new TT / Tri bikes are going to be disc only going forward (say hello to further investments in disc brake disc wheels ;) - 2000+ for brandname ones ) although this is segment which needs discs the least of them all. But that Dolan Tri bike is plain ugly with totally weird cable routing, probably a rebranded Chinese frame.

yep.. atleast if you want the top model. I've begun the switch over already. My TT bike will be last so I keep Enve 7.8s around just for that bike.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

robeambro

by robeambro

mrlobber wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:57 pm

Well, it depends on whether you frame the discussion on braking power or weight.

If you look at it from a weight perspective, it can be argued that climbing bikes "need" to be lighter, hence rim brakes would be better suited to those. Conversely, TT bikes can weigh more with virtually no performance penalty, so there is no downside in using disc brakes.

If, instead, you think about braking power, it's just as you said: TT / Tri bikes will need discs the least, while climbing bikes may benefit greatly from improved braking performance.

I'd get disc brakes anyway :mrgreen:

Yoeki

by Yoeki

Stitchking wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:09 am
Like i said earlier in the thread, our area rep has said the release has been pushed out till 1st October so i don't think we'll see anything before that. I would love to be wrong though

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Just skimmed through a sort of introduction half review article on the S5, in Dutch magainze 'Fiets". Dont know if that means a media embargo on information has been lifted or what. They tested the bike in Girona and listed a size 56 with di2 9150, enve SES disc 5.6 wheels, 160mm rotors and 25mm conti's, as weighing 7.6 kg. Can take 28mm en maybe some 30's apparently. It was also stated that Cervelo have built a size 51 for Michael Matthews with tube wheels for 7 kg.

I saw some prices listed but dont remember numbers exactly. Ultegra 8020 was starting at around 5,400 euros. The test bike was around 11,000 euros

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Yoeki wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:06 pm
Just skimmed through a sort of introduction half review article on the S5, in Dutch magainze 'Fiets". Dont know if that means a media embargo on information has been lifted or what. They tested the bike in Girona and listed a size 56 with di2 9150, enve SES disc 5.6 wheels, 160mm rotors and 25mm conti's, as weighing 7.6 kg. Can take 28mm en maybe some 30's apparently. It was also stated that Cervelo have built a size 51 for Michael Matthews with tube wheels for 7 kg.
Good, another entrance in uber aero disc bike, which is also (relatively) light category :thumbup: it seems the rumours that Cervelo focused on weight as well are true after all.

Did that article have some better pics for us to look at these 2 days until the 1st? :twisted:
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timmerrr

by timmerrr

[/quote]

I saw some prices listed but dont remember numbers exactly. Ultegra 8020 was starting at around 5,400 euros. The test bike was around 11,000 euros
[/quote]

link to said ariticle?
State Bicycle Co. Undefeated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=171358