2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Conradsleight wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:52 am
AndreLM wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 am
jlok wrote: Cervelo S5 Disc is definitely coming ard this Oct.
Do you know if they are launching only a Disc S5, or is there also a new rim brake S5 in the pipeline?
I can confirm this as well ;) heard it from a very reliable person, new bike is apparently really cool according to him...
I've been in contact with Cervelo Europe and have been told "there is light at the end of the tunnel" with regards to the S5 Disc...
SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

Slack

by Slack

Yeah, the new S5 is hideous, it'll be interesting to see whether people go for it or not. I'm not a fan of it in the slightest. I'd say the new Madone is still the best looking bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

maybe someone would make mistake and posted a pic somewhere?
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Slack

by Slack

It's not worth losing your lunch over, let alone your Cervelo account.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

Slack wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 am
Yeah, the new S5 is hideous, it'll be interesting to see whether people go for it or not. I'm not a fan of it in the slightest. I'd say the new Madone is still the best looking bike.
I'm holding out on the S5D to replace my current S5.

If it's crap, I'll build an Enve Venge up.

robeambro

by robeambro

Nobody seems to have mentioned it, so I guess nobody cares too much, but Argon 18 has recently released the Nitrogen Disc.
Doesn't look too bad if you ask me.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Slack wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:33 am
Hi, you've been in the black box at Derby I guess? :wink:

My colleagues and I loved it. It may well be polarising when it's launched, but it's for sure an antidote to the recent reviews saying all the new aero bikes look the same, and that's worth a lot already. :D

Slack

by Slack

The way I see it and feel about it is, we have plenty of bikes to look nice and be beautiful, bespoke works of art. I see aero bikes as a tool and nothing more, they are a bike that is designed to be as fast as possible, the reason they all look the same is because physics is physics. It’s not like there has been some new research that no one else knows about so it’s only going to be about as aero as everything else, or it could be really fast like the first s5 and ride like shit. Specialized and Trek both made mistakes with the Vias and the first Madone but it looks like Cervelo have made the same mistakes with that new front end.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

You guys are not doing me any favours... :wink:

I’ve got my cheque book ready and have had amazing customer service from Cervelo, and I feel the brand is above the Treks / Cannondale etc.

I shall wait with baited breath.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

they are a bike that is designed to be as fast as possible, the reason they all look the same is because physics is physics. It’s not like there has been some new research that no one else knows about so it’s only going to be about as aero as everything else, or it could be really fast like the first s5 and ride like shit. Specialized and Trek both made mistakes with the Vias and the first Madone but it looks like Cervelo have made the same mistakes with that new front end.
True about physics remaining the same... but design inertia is also a factor. You have to make decisions on what to model and what to test, right? A bunch of people optimising a component whose fundamental form predates aerodynamics may all come to similar answers - but throw away the status quo and start optimising something completely different and there's no reason why it wouldn't perform better.

Is it a mistake? I couldn't say either way until we get to build some. I hope it isn't, but either way there's not long to wait until we find out :wink:

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

Anyone have any idea about when Fuji is going to release the next Transonic? I love what they did with the Supreme and it checks off all the boxes for me: aero, Di2, allegedly <900g, thru-axels, discs and the top end Supreme has some solid specced wheels too.

FLtrooper

by FLtrooper

BagelMaster wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 pm
Anyone have any idea about when Fuji is going to release the next Transonic? I love what they did with the Supreme and it checks off all the boxes for me: aero, Di2, allegedly <900g, thru-axels, discs and the top end Supreme has some solid specced wheels too.
I am also looking forward to the new Fuji and recently heard maybe October? Hopefully the Fuji will have a resonable price tag!!

:)
:beerchug:

BagelMaster

by BagelMaster

FLtrooper wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:56 am
BagelMaster wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 pm
I am also looking forward to the new Fuji and recently heard maybe October? Hopefully the Fuji will have a resonable price tag!!

:)
The last 1.1s have retailed for between 5500 and 6500, so I'm imagining that will be the ballpark.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

cro2 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:20 am
The new Transonic is already there in the wild:
https://www.bmxavenue.com/velos-complet ... -2019.html
https://my-velo.fr/route-course/11883-v ... -2019.html
https://www.melsa.com.tr/urun-detay/fuj ... -2.1-2019/

Any word on the new Izalco G3?
Am I the only one thinking this looks more SL6 than Venge... Not very aero at all from a side view.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com