2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kordis123

by kordis123

the frameset weight is with seatpost at least, probably with stem too.

9.8 is with red, 9.9 duraace
Last edited by kordis123 on Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calpartz

by calpartz

themidge wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:59 pm
kordis123 wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:41 pm
IZALCO MAX DISC 9 FS 2,10 kg
Ooff, that's gotta hurt.
kordis123 wrote:IZALCO MAX DISC 9.9 7,50 kg
IZALCO MAX DISC 9.8 7,40 kg
Also, what's going on with this? Why is the top end model heavier than the second-top one?
Surely because Dura- Ace (9.9) vs. Etap (9.8 ).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrlobber

by mrlobber

DartanianX wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:15 pm
So... S5D fit options.

All regular lengths and two (maybe more) angles, when they are slammed - one replicates the current S5 with a -6 stem and another which will replicate a -17 stem.
Where does this come from?

Also, I'd go for -17 probably just because of looks alone :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

DartanianX

by DartanianX

From a dealer I know who has one built, ready to ride / have on the floor when they go live.

Shrike

by Shrike

The leaked photo that’s on this thread, is that a -6 you reckon?

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Does the dealer know if the bike / frameset can be ordered with ANY choice of stem or they come with predefined lengths?

I've seen the geometry chart, but there was no mention of size predefined stems.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

jlok

by jlok

will surely need the stem/bar reach stack comparison to the old S5 instead of frame reach stack figures.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

muti

by muti

As I have written on another post,the easiest way would be to include a min /max(min=no spacers,max=2/3 1cm spacers)fork dropouts to upper surface of the handlebar(not lower because it does not seem to be round ).Then you can take into account the bb drop and you can be quite accurate on the frame size/stem angle you need.Of course this should be calculated with the most common stem length according to frame size(e.g.54/11 cm stem,56/12 cm etc).This applies to all manufacturers using dedicated stems(Cannondale system six,bmc and so on).

wingguy

by wingguy

jlok wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:41 am
will surely need the stem/bar reach stack comparison to the old S5 instead of frame reach stack figures.
But the idea is that the new S5 stem puts the handebar where a conventional stem and steerer tube arrangement puts the handlebar. That means there's no special reason that the new S5 needs a handlebar stack/reach chart any more than a normal bike. (Handlebar stack/reach charts may well be a good idea in general, but if they are then they should be on every bike, not just this one. If they're not, then you can just figure out positioning from frame stack/reach and available stem lengths and {real or virtual} angles on this like you can on any other.)
muti wrote:As I have written on another post,the easiest way would be to include a min /max(min=no spacers,max=2/3 1cm spacers)fork dropouts to upper surface of the handlebar(not lower because it does not seem to be round ).Then you can take into account the bb drop and you can be quite accurate on the frame size/stem angle you need.
If you're going to do that then just measure stack from the BB anyway. It's just as easy to measure from the BB as it is from the dropouts, plus you ward off the people who either forget or simply don't understand that they need to account for the BB drop measurement after they've taken the dropout to bar stack.

wingguy

by wingguy

mrlobber wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:02 am
Does the dealer know if the bike / frameset can be ordered with ANY choice of stem or they come with predefined lengths?

I've seen the geometry chart, but there was no mention of size predefined stems.
I would be very surprised if that's something Cervelo would do directly (through Derby in the european market, anyway). It would almost certainly be something you would need to sort out with your local dealer as to whether they would be willing to swap FOC or for a charge.

DartanianX

by DartanianX

https://www.cervelo.com/bikes/s-series

The website has been updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

Gonna need to do waaaaaaay moar dentures.

“We NEED to make the bars/stem like this primarily so we can bury the cables* (lulz!)”

[Buries cables in new S3 just fine...]

madik

by madik

In bikeradar's article about the S series they mentioned a new stem/headset design on the S3 bike. From the writen descriptin I have a really vague understanding of what is it all about. Is there some picture or schematics of the new "quill stem" design?
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/ ... ies-52993/
The new stem interface borrows from older designs, but in a way that’s bang up to date. Rather than using a standing headset stem clamped to the steerer, the S3 has what resembles an old-school quill stem.
The reason for this design is two-fold. First, in conjunction with the split spacers, it’s easy to height-adjust the cockpit. Second, by making this all one piece, the internal cable routing is far simpler to achieve and that’s also a big reason for the S5’s design.
By using a quill that sits as part of the fork steerer and expands into the stem section, this leaves a large channel through the uniquely shaped steerer to run cables and hoses with no interference.
This makes for smoother, more dependable mechanical cable-runs with no kinks or tight radiuses to navigate, or so Cervélo claims. It’s a serious bit of 'out-of-the-box' thinking, which achieves a damn good-looking bike with impressively clean lines.
Functionality > Performance > Weight

Stitchking

by Stitchking

madik wrote:In bikeradar's article about the S series they mentioned a new stem/headset design on the S3 bike. From the writen descriptin I have a really vague understanding of what is it all about. Is there some picture or schematics of the new "quill stem" design?
https://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/ ... ies-52993/
The new stem interface borrows from older designs, but in a way that’s bang up to date. Rather than using a standing headset stem clamped to the steerer, the S3 has what resembles an old-school quill stem.
The reason for this design is two-fold. First, in conjunction with the split spacers, it’s easy to height-adjust the cockpit. Second, by making this all one piece, the internal cable routing is far simpler to achieve and that’s also a big reason for the S5’s design.
By using a quill that sits as part of the fork steerer and expands into the stem section, this leaves a large channel through the uniquely shaped steerer to run cables and hoses with no interference.
This makes for smoother, more dependable mechanical cable-runs with no kinks or tight radiuses to navigate, or so Cervélo claims. It’s a serious bit of 'out-of-the-box' thinking, which achieves a damn good-looking bike with impressively clean lines.
Thats a typo. Theyre talking about the s5. S3 looks like a standard stem

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

99tollap

by 99tollap

What's going on with the C5? Are they going to introduce a 2019 model of that too? I believe that is still the 2018 frame...