2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

anykarthik

by anykarthik

Anyone else surprised/disappointed that Canyon didn't update the Aeroad for TdF? I'm ready for a new bike but really don't want to pull the trigger RIGHT before a new model is announced.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

romanmoser

by romanmoser

It's getting old
I bet for next year Criterium or TDF it should be ready ?

jlok

by jlok

anykarthik wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:45 pm
Anyone else surprised/disappointed that Canyon didn't update the Aeroad for TdF? I'm ready for a new bike but really don't want to pull the trigger RIGHT before a new model is announced.
Cervelo S5 Disc is definitely coming ard this Oct.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

cro2

by cro2

anykarthik wrote:Anyone else surprised/disappointed that Canyon didn't update the Aeroad for TdF? I'm ready for a new bike but really don't want to pull the trigger RIGHT before a new model is announced.
I spoke to a few Canyon guys lately and they said that a new Aeroad SLX is not coming next year, but they are preparing an SL version with a different carbon layup that will also be cheaper and sold with grupsets beginning with Shimano 105.
As I'm looking for a new race bike as well, Aeroad SLX is a big contender, even if the platform is a few years old. But hey, it still rides brilliantly.

Wysłane z mojego LG-K430 przy użyciu Tapatalka

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

cro2 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:21 am
anykarthik wrote:Anyone else surprised/disappointed that Canyon didn't update the Aeroad for TdF? I'm ready for a new bike but really don't want to pull the trigger RIGHT before a new model is announced.
I spoke to a few Canyon guys lately and they said that a new Aeroad SLX is not coming next year, but they are preparing an SL version with a different carbon layup that will also be cheaper and sold with grupsets beginning with Shimano 105.
As I'm looking for a new race bike as well, Aeroad SLX is a big contender, even if the platform is a few years old. But hey, it still rides brilliantly.

So SLX is coming out in 2020 for MY2021?

I wonder when the SL will be out and if it’ll be integrated.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

jlok wrote: Cervelo S5 Disc is definitely coming ard this Oct.
Do you know if they are launching only a Disc S5, or is there also a new rim brake S5 in the pipeline?

jlok

by jlok

I'm not sure as the screenshot of the Excel I've seen was filtered.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

robertbb

by robertbb

What about the Ultimate SLX?

cro2

by cro2

CAAD8FRED wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm
cro2 wrote:

As far as I understood those guys the SL should be out for 2019.

CAAD8FRED

by CAAD8FRED

cro2 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:41 am
CAAD8FRED wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:39 pm
cro2 wrote:

As far as I understood those guys the SL should be out for 2019.
If it’ll be out for 2019 then it will probably be announced this year. Maybe they are waiting for Christmas pre orders?

jeepntrek

by jeepntrek

pardon my lack of groupset, just awaiting some r8000 goodness...
Attachments
9BA3985C-6845-4BC7-9CF2-7137ACFA97EF.jpeg

robertbb

by robertbb

Sexy! What seatpost have you chosen? And are you going with Carbon bars or alloy?

Conradsleight

by Conradsleight

AndreLM wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:54 am
jlok wrote: Cervelo S5 Disc is definitely coming ard this Oct.
Do you know if they are launching only a Disc S5, or is there also a new rim brake S5 in the pipeline?
I can confirm this as well ;) heard it from a very reliable person, new bike is apparently really cool according to him...

jeepntrek

by jeepntrek

robertbb wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:19 am
Sexy! What seatpost have you chosen? And are you going with Carbon bars or alloy?
thank you! As much as I wanted to shop and support multiple top companies, the familiarity, ease of service and availability won over and i stuck in-house with Bontrager everything.

I am going with a Bontrager Pro carbon seatpost.
The bars are Bontrager XXX vr-c carbon bars.
Interesting to note, my LBS boys decided i needed heavier duty braking than the Ultegra discs so they’ve opted for Shimano XT rt-81 rotors AKA MtB rotors??? does this sound right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

jeepntrek wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:16 am

Interesting to note, my LBS boys decided i needed heavier duty braking than the Ultegra discs so they’ve opted for Shimano XT rt-81 rotors AKA MtB rotors??? does this sound right?

That doesn't sound right at all...in fact that is a cooling downgrade and road disc brake usage can be pretty extreme. Higher speeds, longer descents, etc.

My personal preference is for SRAM Centerline X rotors if you've chosen 160mm.