2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Jugi

by Jugi

Internal routing of hoses and outers is cleverly solved with that V stem, but apart from that I don't see anything I like. Hopefully those stems (or integrated bar+stems?) come in variety to choose, that positive angle just looks out of place on a bike as streamlined as this.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jlok

by jlok

It has to be like that as the stem (struct?) is starting lower than a normally slammed stem.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Shrike

by Shrike

Jugi wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 am
Internal routing of hoses and outers is cleverly solved with that V stem, but apart from that I don't see anything I like. Hopefully those stems (or integrated bar+stems?) come in variety to choose, that positive angle just looks out of place on a bike as streamlined as this.
Couldn't agree less. That stem looks perfect on a bike like this. All you have to do is look at any aero bike in comparison to realise how out of date looking traditional setups are.

IchDien

by IchDien

Where do I find €10k...

jlok

by jlok

u still got two kidneys? I think frame set only is better to avoid the 2nd tier wheel set.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Broady

by Broady

Jugi wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:08 am
Apparently Cervelo are offering a free trade in service for different 'stem' swaps.

mrlobber

by mrlobber

jlok wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:14 am
It has to be like that as the stem (struct?) is starting lower than a normally slammed stem.
It does, but in the pics, the saddle-to-bar drop definitely doesn't look aggressive.

Geometry charts are going to be really interesting, and I hope Cervelo will provide specific stem stack & reach numbers, otherwise comparison with traditional setups will be difficult.
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

Stueys

by Stueys

Genuinely different, looks epic to my eye. Interested to see the computer mount solution though...

IchDien

by IchDien

Might they mount it behind the stem ( :shock:)? Didn't cervelo always say mounting it on top was more aerodynamic anyway?

wingguy

by wingguy

mrlobber wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:57 am
However, from the side... wingguy, do you know the effective reach of the stem and if different lengths will be available?
IIRC they'll be available in nominal 80mm to 130mm versions. That should correspond to the same range of lengths on the current S5, though there will be less stack adjustment (certainly less for it to still look right). I'd imagine that what's been pictured is either a 100 or 110.

I did ask how the geometry chart would be presented, but they either hadn't fully decided or didn't want to tell me :P I think it'll be stack and reach values taken from the spot where the stem does what it says on the label. I.e. the 100mm stem with no additional spacers puts the bar where a slammed 100mm -7 stem would put the bar on the current S5.

ryanw
in the industry

by ryanw

IchDien wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Might they mount it behind the stem ( :shock:)? Didn't cervelo always say mounting it on top was more aerodynamic anyway?
Already ahead of the game....

SL8 S-Works Project Black - 6.29kg
IG: RhinosWorkshop

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

IchDien wrote:Might they mount it behind the stem ( :shock:)? Didn't cervelo always say mounting it on top was more aerodynamic anyway?
When mounting a computer on a bike equipped with the current aero handlebar, yes, it was faster on the stem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

ryanw wrote:
IchDien wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:17 pm
Already ahead of the game....
I did that on my S3 and it took the top layer of paint off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Focus Izalco Max - 4.84kg without pedals
Cervélo Áspero - 8.28kg
Trek Madone SLR Rim - 7.73kg
Standert Triebwerk Disc - 8.47kg

mrlobber

by mrlobber

Of course, with the bayonet fork the stem visually seems to be shorter than it effectively is, but I'll need a while to get used to it... although probably, if sitting on the bike, the way how it looks from the side is the smallest problem of them all :D
Minimum bike categories required in the stable:
Aero bike | GC bike | GC rim bike | Climbing bike | Climbing rim bike | Classics bike | Gravel bike | TT bike | Indoors bike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wingguy

by wingguy

VTR1000SP2 wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:38 pm
I did that on my S3 and it took the top layer of paint off.