2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ernestkus

by ernestkus

Still waiting for allez disc...

chiefspinninggear

by chiefspinninggear

There are some new project one colours for the 2019 emonda if noone has seen

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

ryanw wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:10 am
cro2 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:20 am
The new Transonic is already there in the wild:
https://www.bmxavenue.com/velos-complet ... -2019.html
https://my-velo.fr/route-course/11883-v ... -2019.html
https://www.melsa.com.tr/urun-detay/fuj ... -2.1-2019/

Any word on the new Izalco G3?
Am I the only one thinking this looks more SL6 than Venge... Not very aero at all from a side view.
If one could judge how aero a bike is just by looking at a couple pics, then all those millions spent by large manufacturers in wind tunnel R&D have gone to waste :mrgreen:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Re: Transonic

I think the most important focus when designing an aero frame is the leading edge of the bike...the frontal area created by the front wheel, fork, headtube, bars, lack of cables, etc. While the seat tube looks decidedly thin compared to some aero bikes, the important goal for that section is to minimize the gap between the tire and frame because that's where the airflow tends to separate. Making surfaces are plane-like as possible is not that beneficial after a point.

Also you absolutely can make some educated guesses on how aero one bike is compared to another just by looking at their features.
Last edited by TobinHatesYou on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

calpartz

by calpartz

Are there any news about the new Canyon Aeroad? When should be it presented? And when could be it ordered? Which sould be the differences to the actual models? What do you think…?

robeambro

by robeambro

calpartz wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:42 am
Are there any news about the new Canyon Aeroad? When should be it presented? And when could be it ordered? Which sould be the differences to the actual models? What do you think…?
I have just asked Customer Support, and the new models* will be presented mid-October.

* new model meaning with potentially new components and/or colourways. The frame itself is NOT going to change. (Although there's rumour of a less fancy SL version of the Aeroad, this is unlikely to have a new frame)

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

upside

by upside

They have some spectacular paint jobs.... You are very lucky to be in the heat of the business.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

So tempting to strip my vias and build one.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Can't really tell from the picture, any change to cable routing around BB area?

Kesselflicker

by Kesselflicker

calpartz wrote:

in the German issue of Tritime 03/2018 there is a quote from Canyon directly:
"Before that, however, those who are increasingly on the short distance or have completed the triathlon training on the road bike may look forward to a new generation of the Aeroad"

I could imagine that Canyon will announce the new Aeroad for spring 2019 in October 2018. The well-known competition has already presented some new aerobikes. Canyon is under pressure. Hardly anyone will buy a new "old" Aeroad for the upcoming season.

here in a german forum is a screenshot of the interview from the tria magazine:
https://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/threa ... me.151715/

robeambro

by robeambro

Kesselflicker wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:32 pm
calpartz wrote:

in the German issue of Tritime 03/2018 there is a quote from Canyon directly:
"Before that, however, those who are increasingly on the short distance or have completed the triathlon training on the road bike may look forward to a new generation of the Aeroad"

I could imagine that Canyon will announce the new Aeroad for spring 2019 in October 2018. The well-known competition has already presented some new aerobikes. Canyon is under pressure. Hardly anyone will buy a new "old" Aeroad for the upcoming season.

here in a german forum is a screenshot of the interview from the tria magazine:
https://www.rennrad-news.de/forum/threa ... me.151715/
While I would love to believe you, we know that "new models" will be released in October. And general consensus is that it will only the components/paintjob that would be changed, so no new frameset released in October. Rumour has it that they will also release a new cheaper "SL" version. However, if they do either of the above in October, and also announce a new model for spring 2019, who on earth would buy the "new old" Aeroad?

Also, if your thesis were true, especially with all the competition releasing their new aero models now it would be in Canyon's best interest to make it well known that they are launching a new frameset fairly soon. But nobody's heard anything. :noidea:

I mean, I hope you're right cause I would love a Canyon, but if they don't release/announce a new one by October, I'll have to go for a Reacto.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

They were in advance with the aeroad and the last ultimate cf slx compared to others brands

IchDien

by IchDien

If they are anything like Cervelo then they can wait until 2020 at least.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

But what if..

They keep the current model which becomes the "SL" version.
They also launch the new "SLX" model, completely revamped.

Maybe it's a weird idea, but they can't wait too long, literally all the other brands have launched their new gen bikes, or are about to (Cervelo).
If they wait for next year, they risk losing market share.

On the other hand, there is no leak, no hint, no hearsay, no nothing. Either these Germans are very good at keeping their mouth shut, or I don't know what to think.