2019 bike roll out jam

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zorka

by Zorka

I´d consider 2018 S5 at this price too :) Where is it possible to buy one? Or frameset only?
Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

Zorka wrote:I´d consider 2018 S5 at this price too :) Where is it possible to buy one? Or frameset only?
Thanks.
Sigma Sports (and I'm not affiliated, never bought anything from them before in case I'm transgressing!)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Zorka

by Zorka

Thanks HenHarrier, do you think it is worth to wait a couple of weeks for Black Friday or Christmas sale? I´ll buy a bike for next season so don´t hurry at all :)

How are you satisfied with its performance? What is the weight on Ultegra and stock wheels?

moonoi

by moonoi

I have a Concept Disc, it replaced a Canyon Aeroad Disc, and as far as I am concerned is a far superior bike, feels faster and more responsive to me, and almost as comfortable as my Madone 9 Series (that the Canyon replaced).

Can't remember if it was Bikeradar or Road.cc that reviewed on launch as being one of the best aero bikes out there...but no data available, just peoples opinions.

A Chapter2 Rere would also be in the same ballpark price wise, and that does have data to back up it's aero credentials, if you need it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

HenHarrier

by HenHarrier

Zorka wrote:Thanks HenHarrier, do you think it is worth to wait a couple of weeks for Black Friday or Christmas sale? I´ll buy a bike for next season so don´t hurry at all :)

How are you satisfied with its performance? What is the weight on Ultegra and stock wheels?
Sorry, way late to answer, but I love it. Coming from an R2 it's just a completely different beast: more direct, more 'on rails', much more fun. Ultegra works for me. If I could have afforded d/a and had loads of money, sure, why not - but it was full r8000 and good enough for me. Weight? It's not light with pedals and dt swiss oxics (with pirelli zeros) but not stupidly heavy - came in at almost exactly 8kg. If you've got ww parts already you could lose loads off that - I don't sadly. Having said that my times around a regular 40 km circuit with some steep bumps is the same up hill as the much lighter R2 and quicker everywhere else. I've done an 120km ride on it, handful of 75kms, loads of 40kms, and no discomfort from the road (though the stock Antares R7 saddle needs replacing as I don't really like it), but chances are you've a preferred saddle anyway. As far as price goes, yes, def in the sales - noone would pay full price for one now of course but it's still a great bike if you want rim brakes and don't ride really big tyres. Hope that helps and sorry again for late response.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

:lol: :lol: New bar and stem sir, certainly £600 for cash...
Attachments
1999FD84-B338-41B3-854E-A257F26DE905.png
372DD846-46A9-4B00-B792-28F84A30E905.png

C36

by C36

Gran Fondo magazine tested the system6, Madone and Venge. I haven’t yet read in details but I think this is the first test match out there no?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Roadrocket

by Roadrocket

Please post a link or .pdf, I am just strongly considering new SLR, so it may helps.

Shrike

by Shrike

How'd you get access to that page C36, subscriber only I take it?

Couldn't find it myself..

Mep

by Mep

Shrike wrote:How'd you get access to that page C36, subscriber only I take it?

You can read the article for free via their mobile app. They awarded Madone the best bike in that group test.

C36

by C36

Roadrocket wrote:Please post a link or .pdf, I am just strongly considering new SLR, so it may helps.
Shrike wrote:How'd you get access to that page C36, subscriber only I take it?

It’s an interactive web magazine, I have it on iPhone as “gran fondo”, not sure if exist on android.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant TapatalkImage

pedale

by pedale

I think you got your choice done now
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_e85.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e8a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e89.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e87.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e88.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_e86.jpeg

MisterNoChain

by MisterNoChain

It's also available on Android, worth the download!

Shrike

by Shrike

Wicked, thanks guys :P

Venge sounds like the most fun, but the Trek sounds like it's crafted by the Gods.

Really hard call if you were buying a new top end aero bike right now. Shame the new S5 was released too late to be included here.

Stitchking

by Stitchking

Given they gave the trek best in class handling, its still very much a race bike. Ive found compared to my s3 disc it is a lot less stable riding with no hands.

Much better on the descents and high speed corners though. Handles like its on rails at high speeds

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com