Cervelo R5 - disc vs rim

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Lewn777

by Lewn777

1. Random person starts thread. Disk brake vs rim brake for bike X by manufacturer Y? opinions wanted.
2. Someone expresses a preference for disk brake. Nothing much happens.
3. Someone expresses a preference for rim brake, but also how disk brakes have a place in the wet/CX/gravel etc.
4. MoPho or Tobin jump into thread with full 'Team America Tech Police' vengence froth how dare you say disk brakes aren't better!!

You do it EVERY TIME like clockwork predicatbility. You have a team on your side so you think it gives your argument more truth and relevance and more right to express it, but it doesn't.

Calnago

by Calnago

@Lewn777: There was a time when your arguments were actually sound and reasoned. But now you’re just as crazy and biased as Peewee (know you are but what am I) Mopho and Googlebot TobinHatesYou. You probably had more of a “team” than you think, just a quieter team. People can spot crazy on their own. They don’t need to be told who to watch for so that their “propaganda” can’t be spread, that goes for both sides. Let sound arguments stand on their own merit, both sides. But now you’re just as guilty as the two man tag “team” of Tobin and Mopho.
Cagefight perhaps.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Lewn777

by Lewn777

Calnago wrote: ↑
Tue May 14, 2019 4:01 pm
@Lewn777: There was a time when your arguments were actually sound and reasoned. But now you’re just as crazy and biased as Peewee (know you are but what am I) Mopho and Googlebot TobinHatesYou. You probably had more of a “team” than you think, just a quieter team. People can spot crazy on their own. They don’t need to be told who to watch for so that their “propaganda” can’t be spread, that goes for both sides. Let sound arguments stand on their own merit, both sides. But now you’re just as guilty as the two man tag “team” of Tobin and Mopho.
Cagefight perhaps.
It's in my name. Yes I'm a bit unhinged, maybe overeacting to nonsense propaganda. The problem is they can't use reasoned arguments and resort to half-truths and borderline personal attacks all borne from a public need for reassurance that they've chosen the correct brake format, it's unbelievably childish.

I'll tone it down and stop reacting to their drivel and spend my time on threads that are constructive.

Thanks for the post, I needed it. :thumbup: