De Rosa finish quality

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

guyc

by guyc

uraz wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 am
Noctiluxx wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:33 am
Chain heavily discounted Colnago VR1 and VR2's last year too. Merlin has the Colnago C60 in the low $3K range. They must be crap too, right?
There is nothing special or innovative about Colnago carbon frames. This brand is overhyped and overpriced but somehow they managed to build a fan base willing to pay premium for their products.
And then you ride one and it all makes sense.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

angrylegs

by angrylegs

Those are pretty mnor. Beautiful bike. I'd love one. What actually bugs me a bit is not the blemishes but the form. I know it was changed for UCI purposes, but why does the shape of the faring near the leading edge of the rear wheel not match the curve of the rear wheel? It just looks like a mistake. I'd still rock that bike though. I was able to test ride a King and it was gloriously smooth. The only bike that beats it for smoothness of ride (that I have tested) is a Parlee, and that really impressed me. For an aero bike, I bet that bike is a great ride. Have you test ridden it? That may put your concerns about blemishes to ease.

DJT21

by DJT21

Noctiluxx wrote:
DJT21 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:52 pm
The quality looks poor, but I've not got much experience with bikes of this value; perhaps it's par for the course?

The frames are obviously nothing special, hence the huge discounts http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/de-r ... d|646275UK

Can't believe the RRP is £3600 - you could get a Filament for that much!
Chain heavily discounted Colnago VR1 and VR2's last year too. Merlin has the Colnago C60 in the low $3K range. They must be crap too, right? Or perhaps the bike industry is heavily overpriced with "exotic" carbon bikes and components and needs to heavily discount overpriced "premium" bikes to reduce inventory?
BTW, my SK Pininfarina looks flawless as does my Oltre XR4. Funny thing is my buddies Madone 9, Project One has missing paint in multiple spots.
If you read my post properly, you'll see I never said they were crap.

Although you've clearly drunk the Kool-Aid

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

DJT21 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:46 pm
Noctiluxx wrote:
DJT21 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:52 pm
The quality looks poor, but I've not got much experience with bikes of this value; perhaps it's par for the course?

The frames are obviously nothing special, hence the huge discounts http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/de-r ... d|646275UK

Can't believe the RRP is £3600 - you could get a Filament for that much!
Chain heavily discounted Colnago VR1 and VR2's last year too. Merlin has the Colnago C60 in the low $3K range. They must be crap too, right? Or perhaps the bike industry is heavily overpriced with "exotic" carbon bikes and components and needs to heavily discount overpriced "premium" bikes to reduce inventory?
BTW, my SK Pininfarina looks flawless as does my Oltre XR4. Funny thing is my buddies Madone 9, Project One has missing paint in multiple spots.
If you read my post properly, you'll see I never said they were crap.

Although you've clearly drunk the Kool-Aid
You clearly drank something else.
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

velov

by velov

There shouldn't be a need to justify the poor finish with the ride quality. Both are mutually exclusive and both should present in a frame of this value from a brand of such heritage.
Most of us wouldn't accept poor workmanship in a watch in the same price range no matter how smooth the second-hand swoop was.

Discodan

by Discodan

Have to agree with that. After many years of italian motorcycles it's amazing what you justify to yourself as 'character'

derosa2000

by derosa2000

uraz wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:30 am
Noctiluxx wrote:
Chain heavily discounted Colnago VR1 and VR2's last year too. Merlin has the Colnago C60 in the low $3K range. They must be crap too, right?
There is nothing special or innovative about Colnago carbon frames. This brand is overhyped and overpriced but somehow they managed to build a fan base willing to pay premium for their products.
hmm , I have tried so many brands ... but now after 30 years on road bikes ( and racing too ) I can say Colnago is very special in many aspects and I will chose from many brands exactly Colnago ..

ak47

by ak47

I can't believe people can accept such blemishes on plastic bicycle frame that costs 5000 Euros. This finish should be 100% PERFECT for the price they charge.

uraz

by uraz

derosa2000 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 pm
I can say Colnago is very special in many aspects and I will chose from many brands exactly Colnago ..
Please name at least 6 8)

derosa2000

by derosa2000

uraz wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:19 pm
derosa2000 wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 pm
I can say Colnago is very special in many aspects and I will chose from many brands exactly Colnago ..
Please name at least 6 8)
oh no man , I will be banned from here ;O) I maybe can simply name on what I've ridden and raced .. just few : Canyon Ultimate CF SLX , Lappiere Xelius WS , Giant TCR Advanced SL , LOOK 595 , Formigli Asiel and a bit longet time ago I raced on DeRosa Merak , LOOK 381i and some exotic italians were under me like Tommasini , Daccordi as well ..