Ringo wrote: Heath wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:52 am
I bought a set. Worst brakes ive ever used. Stay well clear if these things! Look incredible, amazing workmanship but they are such a weak brake! No power to stop on the flat let alone down a hill. So so dangerous. I have their old ones (titanium/alloy) now these are good! And only 163gms. They gave me my money back but it took 2 months!
Sorry but I have to ask some questions first:
Do you set them correctly?
What is your weight?
Also, Do you have any photo or receipt that proves you actually own a pair?
I don’t want to be a dick but I m really considering to buy them and I really want to know if they are good.
There are lots of guys who hate Ted..
No dogs in the fight (don’t own them) and tested them for like 10km descending. From my (short) experience:
- are they light? Yes
- what would I compare them to? EeBrakes for the weight
- are they the worse brake ever? Clearly no.
- are they better or worse then eeBrakes or Dura Ace... can’t say, too many variables and haven’t compared with same wheels and same pads. I might say that modulation was a bit on the low side... but I haven’t played with the cam.
- are they tricky to install, my friend says yes
- does setup impact performance : yes (initially he didn’t adjust the cam properly and braking was crap).
2018: Cannondale SSevo2HM : 5860g
2000: R4000 caad5: junior bike restauration
1995: Indurain‘s Pinarello: restauration project