LEKKI8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm
EWA wrote:
RyanH wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 pm
EWA wrote:Yes and that's fine taking care of people.But the way it is done is hateful.Please first try to figure out what's the deal and how we are working now. He lost everything, including his shop,sold what could sell and moved to Poland to create a new brake to compensate people,which he was doing for the past 8 years.The road was long bc of lack of resources.The sell of the equiptment helped in creating this new awesome brake.Its not like he is laying on sandy white Beach.If you don't know the details,please don't try to ruin someone's life. With the sell of Lekki8s we did refund people. Without resources we wouldn't be able to do that.
Ewa,

Unfortunate things happen to businesses all the time; however, the character of those behind the company is measured in how they handle it. Ted habitually lied to people, made false promises and just generally was a bad person. Sorry, but this doesn't even come close to hateful things one could say about Ted...

For everyone else:

Think long and hard about who you give your money to. I don't know if it's a reflection of our consumerism that we turn a blind eye to dishonest businesses, but it only hurts the cycling industry as a whole as these things are allowed to continue by people continuing to support them. All too often boutique companies get a pass for lying or misleading their customers. It's all shooed under a rug, yet large companies make a single misstep and there's a lynching mob after them.
Ryan,
nothing is shooed under a rug here,we are dealing with customers who were involved in this unfortunate situation.
Like i mentioned earlier,no one is running or hiding.We are contacting people to resolve this.
Years of blatant fraud and theft through deception isn't something that can just be ignored, many of these transactions weren't insignificant amounts of money either. Telling the truth about past practices isnt being hateful, it's a case of a community being many times bitten by a fraudster and not wanting to see someone else have their dreams crushed by Ted's shonky dealings and moving forward this is something you need to accept and remain calm about rather than grandstanding in front of a community that has a long history of being lied to by your husband.

Just be thankful that this board hasn't actively gamed the Google algorithm to show his dealings as the entire first page of a search like many others would have.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
My husband was not engaged in any nefarious activity.
To say that he conducted fraud and took people's money is to say that he didn't intend to fulfill orders or supply product...which simply is not true. But, I see how that looks to customers though. Unfortunately he bit off more than he could chew. The main issues here were delivery time and clusterf... in orders. And again singlehandedly trying to take care of backorders.
My husband told me he would have done things differently but hindsight is 20/20 isn't it?
You also imply that no reparations were made to anyone...which simply, again, is not true. He has compensated customers in form of refund or product. Many times with an upgrade from a less expensive product to compensate for long delivery times.
The business operates now from an inventory only basis.
Like I said already, I understand the anger and frustration. The reason why I am on this forum is simply (because of the clusterf... orders) to address anyone that may still need to be compensated.I am thankful to be part of this forum and have the opportunity to find any remaining community member with outstanding issues.
If anyone on this forum still feels like they're owed something, please contact me directly with documentation. ewaciamillo@gmail.com
Last edited by EWA on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

KCookie wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:08 am
I see Ted hasn't got the balls to come onto this forum and chat to us all. Leaves it to his wife.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
My husband is too busy building brakes to participate in the forum....and that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

EWA wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:46 pm
Unfortunately he bit off more than he could chew. The main issues here were delivery time and clusterf... in orders.
Then he should not have taken anymore orders until the situation was rectified! Despite stated good intentions, it simply looks as if the two of you have fled to another country. Remember, 'intent is 9/10 of the law' and I for one, am really surprised your husband did not end up in jail/under indictment for interstate mail fraud here in the US, because while you may not realize it, you basically admitted in your previous post that he defrauded customers when he continued to process sales, knowing that he would not be able to fulfill those orders!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:10 pm
EWA wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:46 pm
Unfortunately he bit off more than he could chew. The main issues here were delivery time and clusterf... in orders.
Then he should not have taken anymore orders until the situation was rectified! Despite stated good intentions, it simply looks as if the two of you have fled to another country. Remember, 'intent is 9/10 of the law' and I for one, am really surprised your husband did not end up in jail/under indictment for interstate mail fraud here in the US, because while you may not realize it, you basically admitted in your previous post that he defrauded customers when he continued to process sales, knowing that he would not be able to fulfill those orders!

Intent is 9/10 of the law...exactly, which is precisely why no fraud was committed - bc there was no intention.
I am Polish, no one fled. I have one purpose only with this forum ...
I am here to address anyone who may still have outstanding issues with product ordered in the past.
Please stop having problems with us wanting to address that.
As you noticed I am not promoting the product,not trying to sell anything to you...I simply wanna get in touch with any community member with outstanding issues.

mattr

by mattr

Might be worth going back to the last couple of threads and chasing up any users who haven't received goods who have posted on there.
You know, just to make sure Teds records are up to date.

uraqt

by uraqt

I think this should put an end to bad mouthing Ted! They have reached out trying to make sure that resolve the back issues. Now am I sure not evey issue is resolved or will be resolved a 100% but they are making a resonaable effort to clean everything up...

Lets keep focused on the new brakes super light brakes...

C

2old4this

by 2old4this

I still do have two of Ted's brakes; Zero Gravity and Gravitas. ZG is still one of the light ones that actually stops the bike (Gravitas doesn't. Never understood the appeal of the "flying scull" either. But it is damn light...)

I think we have contributed to Ted's problems. We knew his brakes were good, and knew all the bad experiences. We just went ahead and kept ordering from him, hoping that it will not happen to us. Well, it did (ok, it worked for a lot of us. But in this business, that is not good enough. ) Since we were still ordering, he never really understood how bad things were.

Will I buy these new brakes? Yes. It is just going to be from a distributor (like I did with the previous ones I have.) Why take chances after 10+ years of bad business practices...

C36

by C36

Understand the (legit) frustration and I think many people made their point and warnings very clear from past experiences. Bitching more or asking Ted to come here to be stab in public will be useless no?

They claim working on a compensation, can’t those discussions been taken offline?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

EWA wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 pm
As you noticed I am not promoting the product,not trying to sell anything to you...I simply wanna get in touch with any community member with outstanding issues.
Hello Ewa, perhaps it will help to outline what you guys might do to help those negatively impacted in the past, and see if the community thinks that is a good way forward? And perhaps we can have well-defined milestones to indicate progress and help get things back on track?

ms6073

by ms6073

antonioiglesius wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 pm
And perhaps we can have well-defined milestones to indicate progress and help get things back on track?
These seem like very good ideas, unfortunately I do not believe much will change as this probably encompasses several hundred consumers, many have left the forums, as well as others who may have never visited WW. More importantly, what about those who paid in advance for products that never made it into production? Worse yet, if the majority of those who were adversely impacted before the advent of the new company start making claims, the company will once again end up unable to meet demand seeing as he is still a one man show!
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

antonioiglesius wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:55 pm
EWA wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 pm
Hello Ewa, perhaps it will help to outline what you guys might do to help those negatively impacted in the past, and see if the community thinks that is a good way forward? And perhaps we can have well-defined milestones to indicate progress and help get things back on track?
Hello Antonio,

As of yet, no community member has come forward with an unresolved issue. But should that happen, and that member is amenable to it, I would be more than happy to share the resolution here. Great idea, thank you!

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

EWA wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Hello Antonio,

As of yet, no community member has come forward with an unresolved issue. But should that happen, and that member is amenable to it, I would be more than happy to share the resolution here. Great idea, thank you!
ms6073 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 pm
These seem like very good ideas, unfortunately I do not believe much will change as this probably encompasses several hundred consumers, many have left the forums, as well as others who may have never visited WW. More importantly, what about those who paid in advance for products that never made it into production? Worse yet, if the majority of those who were adversely impacted before the advent of the new company start making claims, the company will once again end up unable to meet demand seeing as he is still a one man show!
Maybe put up a notice on the Lekki8's website, saying that previous customers who had issues to please contact Lekki8 for resolution? Dunno, just throwing ideas out there to help...

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

antonioiglesius wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:16 pm
EWA wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:38 pm
Hello Antonio,

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:15 pm
Maybe put up a notice on the Lekki8's website, saying that previous customers who had issues to please contact Lekki8 for resolution? Dunno, just throwing ideas out there to help...
Yes,that is a great idea! We were thinking about something like that...it's up now. Check it out here https://www.lekki8.com/about-us

Many thanks Antonio!

wiRIDEfast

by wiRIDEfast

Just curious, you claim that you’re contacting people and fixing issues of the past. How is this being done? I myself have goods never received, as do 2 others I personally know of and am in contact with frequently. None of us have received ANY correspondence whatsoever. So are you choosing at random? Only working with those whom have recently contacted you? Or just claiming you are working to remedy situations when you’re actually not? Just curious to see how this is being worked out since clearly not all those with past issues are being contacted.

uraqt

by uraqt

Just email them like they say on the web site....

ewaciamillo@gmail.com

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com