LEKKI8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

As a warning to the kool-aid drinkers (not sure how many will get the reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown ) :

IF YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM TED, MAKE SURE YOU PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD - IF YOU START GETTING EXCUSES, TRACKING #'S THAT NEVER SHOW ANY ACTIVITY (within 30 days), SERIOUSLY - GO WITH A CHARGEBACK UNTIL YOU EITHER GET YOUR ITEM OR YOUR MONEY BACK.

Sorry for the skepticism, do a little research as the old threads have shown up - we've been through this before, I believe this is the 3rd or 4th go-round.

He shouldn't even be selling these things until every single person he ripped off is made whole.
Speedplay is the devil!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

I understand the frustration.Before the recession my husband had one of the best reputations in the industry.
After the recession he had to let go all 15 employees and tried,with the help of Joe( Irish cycles) to resolve the backorders.He could've declared bankruptcy,two hands can only do so much on top of the customer service.I am not making excuses for him,but he is a great designer and engineer,who needs to be only occupied with those thing.Hate is not gonna do anything good here,he didn't run,he is contacting people to resolve past issues if there are any.Please stop being hateful,this is only preventing from doing the work of compensation.

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

EWA wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:34 am
I understand the frustration.Before the recession my husband had one of the best reputations in the industry.
After the recession he had to let go all 15 employees and tried,with the help of Joe( Irish cycles) to resolve the backorders.He could've declared bankruptcy,two hands can only do so much on top of the customer service.I am not making excuses for him,but he is a great designer and engineer,who needs to be only occupied with those thing.Hate is not gonna do anything good here,he didn't run,he is contacting people to resolve past issues if there are any.Please stop being hateful,this is only preventing from doing the work of compensation.
Not hating, just trying to warn/protect WW members by letting them know about the past and proceeding, 1- at their own risk and 2 - with extreme caution.
Speedplay is the devil!

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

Yes and that's fine taking care of people.But the way it is done is hateful.Please first try to figure out what's the deal and how we are working now. He lost everything, including his shop,sold what could sell and moved to Poland to create a new brake to compensate people,which he was doing for the past 8 years.The road was long bc of lack of resources.The sell of the equiptment helped in creating this new awesome brake.Its not like he is laying on sandy white Beach.If you don't know the details,please don't try to ruin someone's life. With the sell of Lekki8s we did refund people. Without resources we wouldn't be able to do that.

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

mdeth1313 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:43 am
EWA wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:34 am
Not hating, just trying to warn/protect WW members by letting them know about the past and proceeding, 1- at their own risk and 2 - with extreme caution.
Thanks for the PM.I would like to reply but it tells me that I am not long enough a forum member.
As a moderator can you help me to reply to you, or email me directly. ewaciamillo@gmail.com

ome rodriguez

by ome rodriguez

Hi ewa, are there plans for ted to make direct mount brakes? Most high-end frames now are direct mount.

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

ome rodriguez wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:52 pm
Hi ewa, are there plans for ted to make direct mount brakes? Most high-end frames now are direct mount.
Hi Rodriguez,
We are just thinking about it for now.No plans yet.

RyanH

by RyanH

EWA wrote:Yes and that's fine taking care of people.But the way it is done is hateful.Please first try to figure out what's the deal and how we are working now. He lost everything, including his shop,sold what could sell and moved to Poland to create a new brake to compensate people,which he was doing for the past 8 years.The road was long bc of lack of resources.The sell of the equiptment helped in creating this new awesome brake.Its not like he is laying on sandy white Beach.If you don't know the details,please don't try to ruin someone's life. With the sell of Lekki8s we did refund people. Without resources we wouldn't be able to do that.
Ewa,

Unfortunate things happen to businesses all the time; however, the character of those behind the company is measured in how they handle it. Ted habitually lied to people, made false promises and just generally was a bad person. Sorry, but this doesn't even come close to hateful things one could say about Ted...

For everyone else:

Think long and hard about who you give your money to. I don't know if it's a reflection of our consumerism that we turn a blind eye to dishonest businesses, but it only hurts the cycling industry as a whole as these things are allowed to continue by people continuing to support them. All too often boutique companies get a pass for lying or misleading their customers. It's all shooed under a rug, yet large companies make a single misstep and there's a lynching mob after them.

LouisN

by LouisN

Exactly.
It reminds me of C-4 bicyclecomponents "affair" a little while ago.

Louis :)

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

RyanH wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 pm
EWA wrote:Yes and that's fine taking care of people.But the way it is done is hateful.Please first try to figure out what's the deal and how we are working now. He lost everything, including his shop,sold what could sell and moved to Poland to create a new brake to compensate people,which he was doing for the past 8 years.The road was long bc of lack of resources.The sell of the equiptment helped in creating this new awesome brake.Its not like he is laying on sandy white Beach.If you don't know the details,please don't try to ruin someone's life. With the sell of Lekki8s we did refund people. Without resources we wouldn't be able to do that.
Ewa,

Unfortunate things happen to businesses all the time; however, the character of those behind the company is measured in how they handle it. Ted habitually lied to people, made false promises and just generally was a bad person. Sorry, but this doesn't even come close to hateful things one could say about Ted...

For everyone else:

Think long and hard about who you give your money to. I don't know if it's a reflection of our consumerism that we turn a blind eye to dishonest businesses, but it only hurts the cycling industry as a whole as these things are allowed to continue by people continuing to support them. All too often boutique companies get a pass for lying or misleading their customers. It's all shooed under a rug, yet large companies make a single misstep and there's a lynching mob after them.
Ryan,
nothing is shooed under a rug here,we are dealing with customers who were involved in this unfortunate situation.
Like i mentioned earlier,no one is running or hiding.We are contacting people to resolve this.

AZR3

by AZR3

EWA wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:57 pm

Ryan,
nothing is shooed under a rug here,we are dealing with customers who were involved in this unfortunate situation.
Like i mentioned earlier,no one is running or hiding.We are contacting people to resolve this.
Thats a good start but its going to take some time to change most of the older WW community's opinions of Ted's past business practices.

KCookie

by KCookie

Wouldn't it have been easier for Ted to tell the truth to the customers from the beginning what was happening to his business rather than years of lies, taking their money and not sending the goods ordered. That's just disgraceful.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

EWA wrote:
RyanH wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:33 pm
Ewa,

For everyone else:

Ryan,
Years of blatant fraud and theft through deception isn't something that can just be ignored, many of these transactions weren't insignificant amounts of money either. Telling the truth about past practices isnt being hateful, it's a case of a community being many times bitten by a fraudster and not wanting to see someone else have their dreams crushed by Ted's shonky dealings and moving forward this is something you need to accept and remain calm about rather than grandstanding in front of a community that has a long history of being lied to by your husband.

Just be thankful that this board hasn't actively gamed the Google algorithm to show his dealings as the entire first page of a search like many others would have.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

wingguy

by wingguy

Nefarious86 wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:32 pm
Telling the truth about past practices isnt being hateful, it's a case of a community being many times bitten by a fraudster and not wanting to see someone else have their dreams crushed by Ted's shonky dealings and moving forward this is something you need to accept and remain calm about rather than grandstanding in front of a community that has a long history of being lied to by your husband.
But dude, he's trying to make it right - he just needs you to order a bit more of his product and give him a bit more of your money first. Then you'll be able to see how he's going to sort everything out. Once he has your money.

Don't know about you, but I don't find that the least bit worrying :P

KCookie

by KCookie

I see Ted hasn't got the balls to come onto this forum and chat to us all. Leaves it to his wife.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com