LEKKI8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pop

by Pop

What about lekki8 vs THM brakes?
Lekki are lighter, but how about its performance?
Anyone with both of them?

maxxevv

by maxxevv

Hexsense wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:41 am
Next step:
Cable actualted disc calipers (that is better or lighter than TRP Spyre) and (carbon?) disc rotors. Probably?
Maybe not lighter but in my limited testing, definitely easier to mount (as its much lower profile than the TRP) and a very good feel to it.

The Juin Tech R1 calipers are definitely a good option for people who don't wish to deal with hydraulics but want disc brakes on their bikes.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

Pop wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:59 pm
The Lekki 8s are amazing brakes and so are the THMs. Both use different methods to achieve the same result and both work well having had THMs and now having Lekkis. I find the modulation better on the Lekkis and have had no issues with them. I have ridden them thru South Central Pennsylvania and it's hills and mountains for the better part of a year and in some bad weather with nothing bad to say about them. Irish Cycles distros them in US.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

Full disclosure I do work with Irish but we are not associated with Ciamillo other than distribute their brakes.

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

jmocallaghan wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm
Pop wrote:
The Lekki 8s are amazing brakes and so are the THMs. Both use different methods to achieve the same result and both work well having had THMs and now having Lekkis. I find the modulation better on the Lekkis and have had no issues with them. I have ridden them thru South Central Pennsylvania and it's hills and mountains for the better part of a year and in some bad weather with nothing bad to say about them. Irish Cycles distros them in US.
Have you compared them to EE brakes?

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

dereksmalls wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:03 pm
jmocallaghan wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:20 pm
Pop wrote:
Have you compared them to EE brakes?
Yes... They are different.. They are not necessarily better or worse. The EEs are heavier and have a different form factor that doesn't fit all frames but with that said they are really good brakes. The EEs have excellent modulation and a solid grip. Asthetically, they flow nicely. The linkage, which I thought would go bad in time, has kept tight relatively. The Lekkis are different in how they function and their weight. They are a bit more minimalist. The question comes down to what are you buying them for? Are you buying for stopping power and weight; then go with the Lekkis. Are you buying for another way to do a brake and good stopping power or some additional color; go with the EEs. Neither answer is wrong. Again, full disclosure, I do sell both. I like both.

dgasmd

by dgasmd

Why anyone in this board with this dude’s history still gives this thread or his products 1 second attention is beyond me!!!! Maybe people love to relive shit history!!!

Pop

by Pop

Is there any video to know how to install them properly??
Thanks!!

ZeroG
in the industry

by ZeroG

Wingnut

by Wingnut

dgasmd wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:40 am
Why anyone in this board with this dude’s history still gives this thread or his products 1 second attention is beyond me!!!! Maybe people love to relive shit history!!!
From what I can see people seem to be happy with the new brakes and service? It does appear like your reviving the shit history?

reedplayer

by reedplayer

users are not committed to reply to every post.....;-)

jpeterson1012

by jpeterson1012

Just picked up a pair of original zero gravity brakes second hand for ~135 USD. They're 31g heavier but are so much cheaper and still work great.

mattsurf

by mattsurf

Very happy with Lekki 8, no problem with fitting them. They work really well, and look nice. Great service from Ted

I am aware of his history and understand the resentment from people who lost money in the past. I think its useful for people to know that Ted has a checkered background, however, people should make their own decisions. He has made a good call selling through distributors, which gives the buyer confidence that they will receive the product. In the past, I think he tried and failed to save his business, unfortunately people lost out.

Heath

by Heath

I bought a set. Worst brakes ive ever used. Stay well clear if these things! Look incredible, amazing workmanship but they are such a weak brake! No power to stop on the flat let alone down a hill. So so dangerous. I have their old ones (titanium/alloy) now these are good! And only 163gms. They gave me my money back but it took 2 months!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liketoride

by liketoride

How big are you? I am 93kg and I am not saying they are the best at stopping going down hill for my size but are not as you are writing. Ax3000 for my size in the rain are what you are talking about. First time I have been on ted's product so I had no passed unit to compare them to. What unit are you talking about?