LEKKI8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Seedster

by Seedster

uraqt wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 am
@ Seedster, Nefarious86 and UpFromOne

Maybe you guys could help me understand? What is your beef? Ted and EWA are doing their best to try a resolve the outstanding issues.. What more do you want?

A few users incuding me have said that we have had our issue reasonably resolved, I think that should really be the end of the neagtive comments unless new issues start.

How about keeping the topic on the lighest brakes made?

C
I have no "beef". I am happy you and others were able to finally get your issue resolved years later. My confusion is with buyers who are willing to do business with a known scammer with an admitted history of defrauding customers because his wife is stepping in and doing the right thing.

There are tons of lightweight brake options being sold from trusted vendors and it appears some are contemplating rewarding Ted because he seemingly turned a new leaf. It's their money and they are free to spend it any way they wish, but it seems foolish to do so with little evidence of a change in business practice. Does not seem unreasonable to be skeptical, but you may feel otherwise :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Call me cynical but was I the only one who thought Ewa could possibly just be smoke and mirrors...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

Wookski

by Wookski

Nefarious86 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 am
Call me cynical but was I the only one who thought Ewa could possibly just be smoke and mirrors...

I’m with you. Business growth and cashflow challenges are very different to integrity and behaviour issues. So what recourse does a customer have now that this is being run out of Poland? :shock:

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

Nefarious86 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:05 am

Really?
You can use Google Hangouts video call where you can speak to me and my husband directly. lekki8tech@gmail.com
Btw I'll have my marriage certificate handy 🙂.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

You missed the "thought" part.

Clearly you underestimate the bitter taste Ted has left here.

Using Tapatalk

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

I do not underestimate it at all, understand the frustration and anger.
Again, the only reason why I am on ww is to deal with customers who's emails might have been lost in the chaos.

uraqt

by uraqt

I think a while back somebody asked for pix on a bike and install review ... I just did a quick set up to get the pix... Didn't run in to any issues but then I followed the directions. : ) I go very slow on all my bike work read the directions, measure four times, cut once... read the directions again... I still have to line up the shoes and tight up the cables. I might get a ride on Monday am ....

C
Attachments
IMG_0193.JPG
IMG_0195.JPG
IMG_0196.JPG

themidge

by themidge

At least they exist, that's a start :D.

Clearance looks good, what size tyres are those?

uraqt

by uraqt

Front is a Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX Tire 20 and rear is a michelin pro 4 endurance 23, He makes a long reach version that should handle bigger tires too...

C

Edited change to Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX Tire 20
Last edited by uraqt on Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aouc

by Aouc

Hi everyone been a very long term lurker on the forums but was compelled to post when I saw the offer $50 discount on the lekki website if you pay by bank transfer sounds like a good deal to me with Teds history 🤪

Marin

by Marin

uraqt wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:51 pm
He makes a long reach version that should handle bigger tires too
Really? How long?

uraqt

by uraqt

The web site says "extended reach of 5 mm" and the normal ones have resonable space above my 23...

https://www.lekki8.com/product-page/lekki8-long-reach

That said they are out of stock and I don't think Joe at has any in stock either looks like they sold through them fast..

http://www.irishcycles.com/ax/index.php ... 20a&page=1

C

Djohns

by Djohns

uraqt wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:01 pm
The web site says "extended reach of 5 mm" and the normal ones have resonable space above my 23...

https://www.lekki8.com/product-page/lekki8-long-reach

That said they are out of stock and I don't think Joe at has any in stock either looks like they sold through them fast..

http://www.irishcycles.com/ax/index.php ... 20a&page=1

C

So are you saying the regular ones (non long reach) will not fit the wider tires such as 25mm?

uraqt

by uraqt

I don't know for sure as I don't ride 25s. Tthe web site says 28 mm rims and there is tons of space with my 23 so I guess 25 ties would work with the "normal" reach ones.

C

Marin

by Marin

Long reach needs a different frameset, the added space is at the bottom, not at the top.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com