LEKKI8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wiRIDEfast

by wiRIDEfast

Did that. But I’m still interested in hearing how they were/are going about things. I guess I’ll wait and see if I get a reply. I hope they’ve turned a new leaf, but won’t hold my breath. Did plenty of that the first few go rounds.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EWA
in the industry

by EWA

wiRIDEfast wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:24 am
Just curious, you claim that you’re contacting people and fixing issues of the past. How is this being done? I myself have goods never received, as do 2 others I personally know of and am in contact with frequently. None of us have received ANY correspondence whatsoever. So are you choosing at random? Only working with those whom have recently contacted you? Or just claiming you are working to remedy situations when you’re actually not? Just curious to see how this is being worked out since clearly not all those with past issues are being contacted.

Hello,

Like I mentioned in previous posts, some may slip through, that's why I asked people to come forward and email me. Since you posted here publicly, I will take that as you being amenable to sharing the resolution of your order with this community. Thank you for that. I have received your email ( it's 8 am in Poland ) without documentation. Please email me again with your full name and any documentation regarding your order. Thank you.

Pop

by Pop

And....how about this new brakes???
Better than eebrakes?
Any kind of review???

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

lumbardcs

by lumbardcs

Hi all, I am one of those who paid a deposit for the cranks back in October 2012 and then paid the remainder in Feb 2013.

I have been in constant communication with Ted (its probably cost me more on phone calls :D ) But in fairness Ted has always said that he would issue a refund.

Ted refunded me the initial deposit about a year ago and then just recently Ewa has been in contact and issued me a partial refund and then last week offered me a set of the new brakes as a settlement, which I accepted and received. There was the option to wait for the cash refund also.

I think as Ewa has stepped in, all will be resolved and like she says you guys still outstanding just need to contact her with proof of deposit \ payment etc.

Yes its taken nearly 6 years - but refunded in the end.

Thanks,
Chris.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

Djohns wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:28 pm
jmocallaghan wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:40 pm
They handle well. I would say a little better than the Micros. Set up is a bit easier. The most ineresting aspect outside of the construction is that the quick release is much easier to use than his prior evolutions of brakes. I've ridden the mountains in South Central PA with no issue and some wicked fast descents. What I have also seen is that the brake has no flex to it. THMs there was some flex to them but you cannot fault them. Are they better than THM, I would say yes easily in terms of weight but also performace. The asthetics are also different though and that does play into decisions. The Lekki 8s are definitely a touch industrial looking to them. They look good with my eTap and just as good with my Record.
Its good to hear. Im contemplating on getting one. Did you get the long reach or its the regular one youve bought from ewa.

Would you mind sharing some pictures here with the installed lekki
The brakes came thru a U.S. distributor. I will post this week. These are standard reach, about 53mm.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

Marin wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:54 am
jmocallaghan wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:40 pm
They handle well. I would say a little better than the Micros. Set up is a bit easier.
You're the distributor and not an ordinary customer though, right?
In full transparency, I work for the distributor in the U.S., yes. I am not Ciamillo nor associated with them.

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

Pop wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 am
And....how about this new brakes???
Better than eebrakes?
Any kind of review???

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk
The best way to put it is that they are different than the ee Brake. I do not think one is better than the other because "better" can me lighter or better mechanical advantage or cooler looking. From a prospect of weight, clearly they win over THM and ee. For performance, I think they are on par with EE and better than THM. Mechanically, all companies who put out a brake have done a good job otherwise they'd be sued so it's a draw. I do feel they are genius though in the design.

glepore

by glepore

Well, I have to say that its a beautiful brake. I have 3 sets of micros, all purchased used because, well, you know. Also have 1 pair of ee's. I really like their feel and weight, and given that I was able to source each pair for less than $150.00 used. The qr though leaves a bit to be desired.
FWIW, the story that Ted tells does seem sincere. I don't expect that everyone here will forgive/forget. I had to stop payment thru a cc company on a set of micros. But I might be willing to give these new brakes a shot at some point, if ever I'm back in the market for a $500 brakeset.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

PrinceEdward

by PrinceEdward

Remember that a single pivot brake will never be able to compare with dual pivot brake (so I use thm fibula rather than others)

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送

jmocallaghan
in the industry

by jmocallaghan

PrinceEdward wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:47 pm
Remember that a single pivot brake will never be able to compare with dual pivot brake (so I use thm fibula rather than others)

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Pixel 發送
Well, dual pivot is stronger as you said than a single. But if you look at the Ciamillos - his micro series onward (not the early brakes) - they are all dual pivot actuated thru a cam system. So similiar in nature to the Fibula. The bottom line is they are dual pivot.

InoxEPS

by InoxEPS

lumbardcs wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:19 am
Hi all, I am one of those who paid a deposit for the cranks back in October 2012 and then paid the remainder in Feb 2013.

I have been in constant communication with Ted (its probably cost me more on phone calls :D ) But in fairness Ted has always said that he would issue a refund.

Ted refunded me the initial deposit about a year ago and then just recently Ewa has been in contact and issued me a partial refund and then last week offered me a set of the new brakes as a settlement, which I accepted and received. There was the option to wait for the cash refund also.

I think as Ewa has stepped in, all will be resolved and like she says you guys still outstanding just need to contact her with proof of deposit \ payment etc.

Yes its taken nearly 6 years - but refunded in the end.

Thanks,
Chris.
You're lucky ! Hope she is not the same with Ted. :D

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Mr. Ciamillo ought to run for office, he is so teflon.

Seedster

by Seedster

I am happy to hear that some of the impacted are finally seeing refunds come thru in the end.

I am more disturbed that there are still people interested in doing business with this company despite seeing the hardship others endured with Ciamillo. It's mind boggling and doesnt seem logical :noidea:
Last edited by Seedster on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Seedster wrote:I am happy to hear that some of the impacted are finally seeing refunds come thru in the end.

I am more disturbed that there are still people interested in doing business with this company despite seeing the hardship others endured with this company. It's mind boggling and doesnt seem logical
Sucker born every minute.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

uraqt

by uraqt

@ Seedster, Nefarious86 and UpFromOne

Maybe you guys could help me understand? What is your beef? Ted and EWA are doing their best to try a resolve the outstanding issues.. What more do you want?

A few users incuding me have said that we have had our issue reasonably resolved, I think that should really be the end of the neagtive comments unless new issues start.

How about keeping the topic on the lighest brakes made?

C

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com