LEKKI8

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

KC

by KC

I’ll buy a set someday soon. Ted has always taken care of me. Ive had 7-8 sets over the years. Always had good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Holiday

by Holiday

Set up the brakes with the fatest rim( 303nsw 26.4) using 25mm tires with lots of room to spare so a 28mm tire will not be a problem. I had a good run at it
and the braking feels a bit feathery much like the Zero Gravity Calipers but main thing is it worked. Was experimenting with outer cable lengths so had an adaptor on
to ascertain the correct length to get the best feel before swapping to a new one.
Attachments
20180815_082458.jpg
NA

eins4eins

by eins4eins

not sure if its useful for someone, but just saw that r2-bike stocks ciamillo gravitas brakes lately

https://r2-bike.com/CIAMILLO-Gravitas-C ... et-Rennrad

2old4this

by 2old4this

eins4eins wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:14 pm
not sure if its useful for someone, but just saw that r2-bike stocks ciamillo gravitas brakes lately

https://r2-bike.com/CIAMILLO-Gravitas-C ... et-Rennrad
I have a pair. A few things to say about them
- They are indeed feather weight
- They are not as good as Gravity Zeros in terms of stoping power
- The choice in the graphic design is very questionable IMO (seriously, what's up with the "flying skulls" ?)
- When they first came out, they were about $900. Now, they are half the price. It tells you something, eh?

uraqt

by uraqt

Thoose on r2-bike are like the 1st gen version gravitas, doens't make any sense to buy them when you can get Ted's latest design from him or http://www.irishcycles.com/

C

RyanH

by RyanH

Gravitas SL were quite possibly the worst braking brakes I've ever used. Paired with Enve 25 and a wet day, I was literally accelerating downhill as I was trying to brake.

themidge

by themidge

RyanH wrote:I was literally accelerating downhill as I was trying to brake.
Surely they can't be that bad, that's either a very very steep hill, or brakes so weak they're basically earrings for your bike.

I do get the impression though, from reading reviews of Gravitas's, that they're not the greatest brakes Ted ever made. In general, you hear much better things about the 0G and -G models (my -G's are perfectly functional, and great for the weight).

hannawald

by hannawald

So is there any riding experience with them? Cheaper than eebrakes, how do they compare? Are they similar to Shimano (standard mount) or much worse? Thanks!

uraqt

by uraqt

I have them and I like them...I have about + - 500 miles on them... but I also started using a new rims and new brake pads at the same time. So I can't really compare to anything .. I am using 1400-dicut-oxic with Swissstop BXP pads.. and the rims are still chewing through the pads. Still getting used to the set-up, today just tried some really quick stops on big descents the full set-up worked well.

C

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

To be fair I think that combo of rim and pad would make even the worst brakes seem useable.
Using Tapatalk

rlpaul

by rlpaul

I had an old set of the Zero Gravities a number of years ago, and while they weren't scary, panic stops weren't particularly inspiring. They are different looking, in a good way I think. I'd use them on a hill climb bike, but probably not my daily bike. Hopefully the newer versions are better - certainly seems like there's been a few revisions. The arms certainly look beefier than my old set, so should be stiffer.

If they have reached DA level of stopping power as claimed, then that's a huge improvement over the set I used.

Grog

by Grog

I’m a happy Lekki 8 user. Been riding Ted’s brakes for many years. The Lekki’s are very nice brakes, they are quite strong, especially considering how light they are. Easy enough setup, especially if one is familiar with Ciamillo brakes.
I must say that Ewa and Ted are taking customer service to high levels. They are responsive and courteous.

Marin

by Marin

Welcome to the forum Grog!

TuplaO

by TuplaO

^I'm pretty sure I see what you just did there. That's quite the first post by Grog.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

shotgun

by shotgun

Looks promising, good weight and price. I got burned by Ted before, till Joe (Irish) swooped in and facilitated my back order (close to two years) of 2 sets. I wouldnt want anyone to go through what I went, but I do wish Ewa and Ted all the best. Hopefully they've ironed out the issuess.
2018 Giant TCR Advance SL0 Disc
2017 Festka Scalatore
1989 Battaglin Roche
1985 Alan Carbonio