For 1x, what could be my budget weight weenie brifters?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

aminulahsan

by aminulahsan

My current Shimano 105 5700 10speed brifters weighs 496g altogether. Went 1x, don't really need 2 speed left shifter. I have new 10 speed cassettess, so kind of inclined to remain in 10 speed setup, but I'm open to anything lighter. Sram Red 10 speed used ones would be cost effective for me, but where I live (Bangladesh) it's easier to buy new stuffs that ships in my place. So back to the point, which Sram setup would be economical for me? I can go for Sram Rival sets, but I don't need that 2 speed shifter. Can I mix Sram 1speed left shifter with 10 speed ones, I mean aesthetically? Do their look match? I mean two different shapes for two shifters is a total no what combination can I go for? There's this German site bike-discount.de that ships to my country and have lots of Sram brifters. Help me decide. Also, I'm aware of the fact that with Sram shifters, I will be needing Sram rear dera as well. No problem with that.
So help me get a cheap and lightweight brifter combo for my one by setup.

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Alfine drop bar brake lever might be a good budget option if it's compatible with your brakes. a quick google suggests it is

aminulahsan

by aminulahsan

And for that 10speed shifter?
mattr wrote:Alfine drop bar brake lever might be a good budget option if it's compatible with your brakes. a quick google suggests it is

mattr

by mattr

Your existing 5700 right hand shifter

Marin

by Marin

I'm running Cane Creek brake levers and a single bar end shifter on one of my 1x bikes. Depending on how you use the bike this could be an option.

aminulahsan

by aminulahsan

Can you post a pic or two of your setup?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kman

by kman

You could buy a pair and remove the inside parts of the left lever. I've done that on my CX bike as it was cheaper than buying a left brake lever and right shifter.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
-- Frank Zappa