BMC TimeMachine Road 2019

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
spdntrxi
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

I have that saddle on my TT/Tri bike... not sure I'd want it on my road bike.

by Weenie


AlgaeHater
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 am

by AlgaeHater

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:11 pm
47cm frame helps somewhat :) it was still 1000g+
Pretty stock except.. most bolts are Ti except seat and brake
DA 9150 hydro
THM clavicula se cranks
Garmin vector 3 pedals
Extralite chainrings 52/36
SRAM Red cassette 11/32
KMC 11SL chain
Bontrager XXX saddle
Roval CLX50 with Turbo Cottons
Garmin Mount for 1030 from shapeways
110mm stem instead of 100mm

That’s what I can think of
Wow nice build - some weenie parts I see!
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2
2018 S-Works CruX 1X Di2

spdntrxi
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

AlgaeHater wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:07 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:11 pm
47cm frame helps somewhat :) it was still 1000g+
Pretty stock except.. most bolts are Ti except seat and brake
DA 9150 hydro
THM clavicula se cranks
Garmin vector 3 pedals
Extralite chainrings 52/36
SRAM Red cassette 11/32
KMC 11SL chain
Bontrager XXX saddle
Roval CLX50 with Turbo Cottons
Garmin Mount for 1030 from shapeways
110mm stem instead of 100mm

That’s what I can think of
Wow nice build - some weenie parts I see!
these integrated bikes only let you do so much :noidea: ... bar/stem/seatpost are tanks, imagine if one could DARIMOrize them... I could see shaving 300g

addictR1
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

spdntrxi wrote:I have that saddle on my TT/Tri bike... not sure I'd want it on my road bike.
I’ve emailed them in the past and they suggested with this combo it’s better to use their road saddle. But to me their road saddles looks awful..


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

addictR1
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

ArtifactsInMotion wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:22 am

Perfect. Fit. https://www.probolt-usa.com/titanium-du ... pec-1.html

ImageProbolt Seatpost Bolt BMC TMR01 (Timemachine Road 01)

Side by Side: The steel bolt has slightly more threading, but I measured with my caliper and there's still 3-4 threads when installed with the Ti bolt still. No concerns there.
ImageProbolt Seatpost Bolt BMC TMR01 (Timemachine Road 01)
what's nm do you torque it down to?

User avatar
cerro
Posts: 1563
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:11 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

by cerro

spdntrxi wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:49 am
AlgaeHater wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 11:07 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 8:11 pm
47cm frame helps somewhat :) it was still 1000g+
Pretty stock except.. most bolts are Ti except seat and brake
DA 9150 hydro
THM clavicula se cranks
Garmin vector 3 pedals
Extralite chainrings 52/36
SRAM Red cassette 11/32
KMC 11SL chain
Bontrager XXX saddle
Roval CLX50 with Turbo Cottons
Garmin Mount for 1030 from shapeways
110mm stem instead of 100mm

That’s what I can think of
Wow nice build - some weenie parts I see!
these integrated bikes only let you do so much :noidea: ... bar/stem/seatpost are tanks, imagine if one could DARIMOrize them... I could see shaving 300g
Darimo is planning on aero seatposts as next product :D
/jonas l
http://cerrol.wordpress.com (my cyclingblog)

spdntrxi
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

^ I would get one in a heartbeat OEM w/bolt = 193g

just not sure BMC sales numbers would justify tooling expense for Darimo.. maybe it's easier then I think.. finger crossed :thumbup:

addictR1
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

spdntrxi wrote:^ I would get one in a heartbeat OEM w/bolt = 193g

just not sure BMC sales numbers would justify tooling expense for Darimo.. maybe it's easier then I think.. finger crossed :thumbup:
I would get one as well!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spdntrxi
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

addictR1 wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:20 am
spdntrxi wrote:^ I would get one in a heartbeat OEM w/bolt = 193g

just not sure BMC sales numbers would justify tooling expense for Darimo.. maybe it's easier then I think.. finger crossed :thumbup:
I would get one as well!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I doubt they would make one... even less so for last gen.

The only prayer would be the SLR01 and RM01 series all share. I know they are roughly the same shape but beyond that I have no idea.

Campervan
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:45 pm

by Campervan

I've just had an accident with my Venge so maybe looking for a new aero bike. How are you getting on with the tmr?
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

spdntrxi
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

Love mine... blast to ride and comfortable

Might not be as light as the venge.. but not much heavier.. my 48 frame was 1kg.. uncut fork was 470g

Campervan
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:45 pm

by Campervan

What's the widest wheel you can actually fit? I'm looking at the new hunt wheels which are 35mm wide with 28mm tyres.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

spdntrxi
Posts: 3215
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

Campervan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:50 pm
What's the widest wheel you can actually fit? I'm looking at the new hunt wheels which are 35mm wide with 28mm tyres.
My schwalbe pro one 28 are over 31 on my Enve 4.5AR.. those hunts are wider obvoiusly by 4mm.. hard to say what 28mm tires will measure on those dimension rims. I will say with my 4.5AR&28... it's the height of the tire that has less clearance then the width right now. I doubt that hunt width will make them taller.

TobinHatesYou
Posts: 4305
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:02 pm

by TobinHatesYou

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:51 pm
Campervan wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:50 pm
What's the widest wheel you can actually fit? I'm looking at the new hunt wheels which are 35mm wide with 28mm tyres.
My schwalbe pro one 28 are over 31 on my Enve 4.5AR.. those hunts are wider obvoiusly by 4mm.. hard to say what 28mm tires will measure on those dimension rims. I will say with my 4.5AR&28... it's the height of the tire that has less clearance then the width right now. I doubt that hunt width will make them taller.

The Hunt rims use 22mm wide hooked beads, so tires will be narrower than on 4.5ARs.

dorin
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm

by dorin

Does anyone know the difference between the two rear derailleur hangers? 58 vs 59? 59 (301093) is pictured in all publications and pretty much everywhere but my lbs mounted the 58 (3011092). Using it with DA and 11-32 cassette I wonder if it doesn’t put too much pressure on RD and maybe the 59 would be better..

Cheers,
Dorin

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post