BMC TimeMachine Road 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^ I've been under the weather .. flu and some walking pnemonia. I'd be lucky to put out 150w right now.

Chain on... committed to trying the extralite chainrings. I had to recut the steerer because of a little play in the headset.. 2mm less and all is good now. Semi-hassle to pull all the intergration out again.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g32ecs

by g32ecs

spdntrxi wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:50 am
g32ecs wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:02 am
spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:09 am
forgot all about shapeways thanks... ordered and done, someone makes a longer version with gopro mount on the bottom.
Mind if you take a photo of your frame? Curious how the 47 turned out TTube-wise (horizontal or a slight slope or a super slope like a Madone in a 50)
oh... it's not that much slope... that's why I went with a 47 and not the 51... the seattube is long for th size because there is very little slope.
Sitting around waiting for parts ..longer stem, chainrings, di2 wire here and there. Stack will be about 20 less then shown,

Looking good and yes, those bars are short reach indeed.

Update the thread with photos

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

It’s close

Excuse the tape.. the light rings + etap thread has me making sure I don’t throw a chain over outboard. My gold chain catcher is in route but so far no hints of dropping either way.. slight hesitation from small to big but otherwise not terrible. From big to small is butter right now.

It’s a shitty weather day today in NorCal so the lighting is bad.. just came back for a short ride with 30+ mph wind and rain .. which I was not dressed for.. fn sucked

I cut about 35g worth of steerer tube... but that still puts the fork at a porky ~425g
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

dorin

by dorin

spdntrxi wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 pm

It’s close

Excuse the tape.. the light rings + etap thread has me making sure I don’t throw a chain over outboard. My gold chain catcher is in route but so far no hints of dropping either way.. slight hesitation from small to big but otherwise not terrible. From big to small is butter right now.

It’s a shitty weather day today in NorCal so the lighting is bad.. just came back for a short ride with 30+ mph wind and rain .. which I was not dressed for.. fn sucked

I cut about 35g worth of steerer tube... but that still puts the fork at a porky ~425g
Looking good! Can you pls let me know what cable length did you choose? I think I’ll got for di2 instead of axs, I’ll meet the lbs on Wednesday to discuss abt it (it’ll be a hybrid di2 with sram 11-32, chain and quarq - I just can’t stand the size of the axs hoods...

Cheers

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

dorin wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:20 pm
spdntrxi wrote:

It’s close

Looking good! Can you pls let me know what cable length did you choose? I think I’ll got for di2 instead of axs, I’ll meet the lbs on Wednesday to discuss abt it (it’ll be a hybrid di2 with sram 11-32, chain and quarq - I just can’t stand the size of the axs hoods...

Cheers
pictured it has the SRAM 11-32 Red cassette on.. I dont know how often I will use it, but for chain sizing it was done with this 32t. The 11-30t will run just as smooth from my experience.

Wire size is left overs from many builds, so some might be on the long side.. long is safe

800mm to the rear deraillier
400mm to front
500mm to the battery
500mm to junction B JC41 to the handlebar di2 junction A (which is on the downtube)

Here were it gets a little weird... that split wire set (also called junction B) from the brake hoods to the di2 junction A.. it's the longest one, available (cant remember the size) but not long enough to reach the junction A by itself.. so there is a short extension of about 300mm along with the wu111 bluetooth deal.. all in the front half of the downtube.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

dorin

by dorin

spdntrxi wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:52 am
dorin wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:20 pm
spdntrxi wrote:

It’s close

Cheers
pictured it has the SRAM 11-32 Red cassette on.. I dont know how often I will use it, but for chain sizing it was done with this 32t. The 11-30t will run just as smooth from my experience.

Wire size is left overs from many builds, so some might be on the long side.. long is safe

800mm to the rear deraillier
400mm to front
500mm to the battery
500mm to junction B JC41 to the handlebar di2 junction A (which is on the downtube)

Here were it gets a little weird... that split wire set (also called junction B) from the brake hoods to the di2 junction A.. it's the longest one, available (cant remember the size) but not long enough to reach the junction A by itself.. so there is a short extension of about 300mm along with the wu111 bluetooth deal.. all in the front half of the downtube.
Thanks a mil!

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I rode it around today with no brakes.. seems very quick and nimble.... for atleast how fast I was willing to ride around with no brakes .. I need to get around to bleeding and all that.. one of my least fav things to do.

bottle cages break my heart @ 140g for the pair (not including bolts)
The box is 110g (empty) add another 44g for the empty pouch.. they better be aero as hell.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

my goal is 7.5kg ... and I think I'm just going to be right there... it's nearly done and it was @ 7.41kg
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I passed by mikes bikes and made me weigh it
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

my rings dont rotate perfect under power causing a touch of rub on the FD..

tore it apart and re-installed and will retry. If it does not work going to pull the rings and check the flatness..or pull out the easton bb and put in the THM bb which will add 8g. I kinda suspect the plastic dust rings on the easton bb somehow.

on a postive note the extralite rings are shifting nicely
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

all good now... I totally forgot about the piece of plastic ring thingy that goes on the non-drive side.. ofcourse I had already took out the easton and installed the THM BB etc.. ready to ride now
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

iamraymond

by iamraymond

That's an impressive weight considering 1) how heavy those bottle cages are and 2) the level of integration on the frame. Does that weight include the storage box and pedals?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

iamraymond wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:31 am
That's an impressive weight considering 1) how heavy those bottle cages are and 2) the level of integration on the frame. Does that weight include the storage box and pedals?
yep... the pouch was even in the storage box (but it was empty).. garmin mount (longer version for 1030).. etc.

first real ride today... it feels slippery in the wind for sure. The bars feel narrower then 40.. kinda like 38 to me. Changed the seatpost to the 0-offset position because that's what I'm used too... maybe it's the saddle. Not so sure about it but will give it more time (bontrager xxx) I have a Berk Lupina but it weighs a little more since it's padded and the XXX is not. I probably could easily loose a spacer, but I'm not getting younger so I'll leave it for now. Climbs well...but I still dont, but considering my fitness I was ok with my time vs power today. Tied my PR on the downhill with much less peddling then usual and I had to freewheel pass some others to be safe.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

dorin

by dorin

Almost there, pictured before fitting, the aerobars are way lower, almost to the handlebar
It should be ready ok Friday eve, on Saturday planning a 220km ride, mainly flat, I’ll report after the ride.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

^^^^^^^^^^^^^tell me more.... interested in that ?... might be able to off my TTbike after some A/B type testing with an aeropod. For me the arm pads would literally almost need to sit on the flats though. Since I dont do 70.3 or full ironmans I just need something fast for a quick 20+ miles.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault