BMC TimeMachine Road 2019

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Davico

by Davico

MMW wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 am
Davico wrote:I have a TMR01 61cm frame module on order and need to decide on the right wheels. I currently ride a Teammachine SLR01 on Bora 50s. I am looking for aero gains without completely sacrificing versatility. I have been looking at Enve SES 5.6 disc, Fulcrum Speed 55T DB, Campagnolo Bora One 50 DB and Roval CLX 50 and/or 64. All are tubular.

Based on wheel depth, the Rovals (64) trump the Enves (54/63), Fulcrums (55) and Campagnolos (50). While deeper may be faster, I value stiffness, smoothness, power transfer, manageability (I ride in fast groups (40-45 km/h avg.), mostly on flat terrain, with acclearations and sprints).

Does anyone have hands-on experience with any of these wheels and their suitability for the intended riding (and bike, because yes, looks matter!)?

I can’t find the clx50 in disc and tubulars anywhere - do you know where to buy them?Image‍♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just checked their website - only the CLX64 seems to be available in a tubular version, and even that one is on „we’ll let you know when this product becomes available” ...

Davico

by Davico

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:37 am
I own Enve 5.6 and Enve 4.5AR and Roval CLX50... my BMC TMR01 is on order as well. The Enve 5.6 are pretty fast...so are the 4.5AR.. I have not used them with the same tires though. My 4.5AR have Schwalbe Pro-One 28c..while my Enve 5.6 have TurboCottons 26c on them. I feel like that combo is faster (5.6)...I just got the Roval..so no experience yet. I was thinking CLX64...but the CLX50 came in first and got a pretty good deal... I'll consider them but after a Roval321 for the Tri-bike first.

I have an aeropod too... so I will start playing around alot early next year.
Thanks for this. With tubulars I was thinking Vittoria Corsa Speed to save a few extra watts. I am really curious to hear about the Fulcrums, given their CULT hubs, larger (for Campy/Fulcrum that is) width and more widely usuable depth

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I will be all on clinchers or tubeless though.. tubulars only for my vintage bike these days.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

Does anyone have actual weights on the new aero stem/handlebar module of the Timemachine? I am considering getting one for my Teammachine to add some aero touches to my lightweight bike. New handlebar is also pretty comfortable from what I heard which is something I am also looking for.
BMC Teammachine SLR01 - MY18 - 6.87kg
S-Works Venge Disc - MY21 - 7.07kg

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Waiting for my TMR01 still
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

ScottinFL

by ScottinFL

Campervan wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:33 pm
Just tried the tmr01 road three. Nice However I've been informed by Evans cycles that Either the two or framset in my size are not available. Off To the specialized Venge then!
You'll love the Venge.

Ettore

by Ettore

ThunderJack07 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:42 pm
Does anyone have actual weights on the new aero stem/handlebar module of the Timemachine? I am considering getting one for my Teammachine to add some aero touches to my lightweight bike. New handlebar is also pretty comfortable from what I heard which is something I am also looking for.
Don't have actual weights on hand. But the main source of the extra comfort is the flat cross section of the stem. However, it's also wider, to ensure that torsional stiffness is not one bit less than the regular ICS stem.

superyeho

by superyeho

Ettore wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:56 am
ThunderJack07 wrote:

Don't have actual weights on hand. But the main source of the extra comfort is the flat cross section of the stem. However, it's also wider, to ensure that torsional stiffness is not one bit less than the regular ICS stem.
Is it compatible with the slr01?

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

superyeho wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:09 pm
Ettore wrote:
ThunderJack07 wrote:

stem/bar have to go together because of the odd sizing... not sure how the steering column and spacers .. potential difference but I am not sure.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

ThunderJack07

by ThunderJack07

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm
superyeho wrote:
Ettore wrote:
ThunderJack07 wrote:

stem/bar have to go together because of the odd sizing... not sure how the steering column and spacers .. potential difference but I am not sure.
I checked a lot of schemes and photos to find out if it could be compatible or not as my slr01 is the rim brake one. Handlebar holes where cables exit the bar normally go right in between the actual stem and the bottom cable cover of the stem. If i drill some holes in the plastic cover, my brake cables should be able to reach the callipers just fine. Steerer diameter is identical at stem clamp (1-1/8” to 1-¼” for the Timemachine and 1-1/8” à 1-½” for the teammachine). Last unknown is spacer shape, it seems identical but difficult to be certain...
BMC Teammachine SLR01 - MY18 - 6.87kg
S-Works Venge Disc - MY21 - 7.07kg

Ettore

by Ettore

ThunderJack07 wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
spdntrxi wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:56 pm
superyeho wrote:
Ettore wrote:

I checked a lot of schemes and photos to find out if it could be compatible or not as my slr01 is the rim brake one. Handlebar holes where cables exit the bar normally go right in between the actual stem and the bottom cable cover of the stem. If i drill some holes in the plastic cover, my brake cables should be able to reach the callipers just fine. Steerer diameter is identical at stem clamp (1-1/8” to 1-¼” for the Timemachine and 1-1/8” à 1-½” for the teammachine). Last unknown is spacer shape, it seems identical but difficult to be certain...
What you can theoretically do is install the ICS aero stem and bar, and simply remove the cable cover underneath the stem. The cables are fixed in place with a little clamp underneath the stem. It's not going to be a very pretty solution. I'd go for thicker handlebar tape, or a switch to a disc brake SLR with a flat steerer (SLR02 Disc still has a round one), if you want the comfort. The ICS Aero cockpit and internal cable routing is 100% compatible with the SLR01 Disc.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I asked my LBS today... so far its Feb 2019... dude this sucks
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

sychen

by sychen

The delays are really hurting what should be a great seller for the weekend warriors.. With the integrated Aero module and all.

Amazing that they announced same time as venge and since then s5/new madone have come and in the shops in numbers before BmC can get their act together.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Campervan

by Campervan

sychen wrote:
Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:16 am
The delays are really hurting what should be a great seller for the weekend warriors.. With the integrated Aero module and all.

Amazing that they announced same time as venge and since then s5/new madone have come and in the shops in numbers before BmC can get their act together.

Correct also neither the frame set nor the etap version available as sold out in the 51cm.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

I found a full bike online in size 47.. but 13K = Fthat. I was hoping 47cm would not be a popular size like 51 ..since I'm a tweener between those 2 I ordered the 47 module. I'd rather have more seatpost showing and maybe an extra stem spacer. (or two)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R
2002 Moots Compact-SL
2023 Pivot E-Vault

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com