BMC TimeMachine Road 2019

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
AlgaeHater
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 am

by AlgaeHater

I'm running 28mm GP5000TL on my TMR01 and it rides like a dream. Perfect combination of fast and comfy.
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2

spdntrxi
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

AlgaeHater wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 pm
I'm running 28mm GP5000TL on my TMR01 and it rides like a dream. Perfect combination of fast and comfy.
I have Schwalbe ProOne 28c on another wheelset... I will eventually try those too.

by Weenie


Ettore
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am

by Ettore

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 5:46 pm
Ettore wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:42 pm

You really cannot compare the old and the new TMR platform. It's a revision from the ground up.
agree with this... lets stick to 2019 TimeMachine Road

for me, I've had to look at my rear tire to make sure it's not flat.. it's not a marshmellow like my 650x47 WTB on Enve G27 ofcourse, but so far not terrible,
On the BMC is Roval CLX50 on TurboCotton 26c
The wheels and tires make a massive difference in the ride comfort, and as such, if you get the frameset, you'll be able to make it ride just the way you want.

Ettore
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am

by Ettore

spdntrxi wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:18 pm
AlgaeHater wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:13 pm
I'm running 28mm GP5000TL on my TMR01 and it rides like a dream. Perfect combination of fast and comfy.
I have Schwalbe ProOne 28c on another wheelset... I will eventually try those too.
I have a Pro One 23 on the front, and a Pro One 25 on the back. The build is almost done, just waiting for my 10-33 cassette :)

spdntrxi
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

did 47mi on the Enve 4.5AR and Schwalbe 28c.... nice indeed, really plush @ 60psi. I do think this is the way to go. I want to try the 28c 5000TLs now, but it will probably be on my Enve 5.6 since the 5000TL are a no-no on 4.5AR :(

Ettore
Posts: 96
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:44 am

by Ettore

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:58 pm
did 47mi on the Enve 4.5AR and Schwalbe 28c.... nice indeed, really plush @ 60psi. I do think this is the way to go. I want to try the 28c 5000TLs now, but it will probably be on my Enve 5.6 since the 5000TL are a no-no on 4.5AR :(
I do think 28mm is the way to go for more allround, every day performance. For me, this is my 30-40 km 1h ride bullet bike. I don't mind if I start to feel my bum or wrists after that distance, that's what other bikes are for.

spdntrxi
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

Ettore wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 3:59 pm


I do think 28mm is the way to go for more allround, every day performance. For me, this is my 30-40 km 1h ride bullet bike. I don't mind if I start to feel my bum or wrists after that distance, that's what other bikes are for.
I got the bike for the 3-4 hour ride and under.. I think 60 miles might be my limit depending on terrain with 28c. I do agree that's what other bikes are for. I might have to go back to the padded Berk Lupina for the longer stuff... the Bontrager XXX so far is about a 3 hour saddle.

I'm done with centuries anyways unless it's something special with friends.

AlgaeHater
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 am

by AlgaeHater

I have a century coming up this weekend and will be taking the Timemachine over my XR4 or Roadmachine. Mainly because I have to take extra gels/food and will make use of the TM's "luggage" compartment vs resorting to an ugly saddle bag :)
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2

spdntrxi
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

AlgaeHater wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:01 pm
I have a century coming up this weekend and will be taking the Timemachine over my XR4 or Roadmachine. Mainly because I have to take extra gels/food and will make use of the TM's "luggage" compartment vs resorting to an ugly saddle bag :)

brave....

I'm able to fit 1 tube, 1 co2,co2 adapter, 2 tire irons, couple patches, bacon+tool, valve tool, boot, silca multitool. it's tight.

AlgaeHater
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 am

by AlgaeHater

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:09 pm
AlgaeHater wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 6:01 pm
I have a century coming up this weekend and will be taking the Timemachine over my XR4 or Roadmachine. Mainly because I have to take extra gels/food and will make use of the TM's "luggage" compartment vs resorting to an ugly saddle bag :)

brave....

I'm able to fit 1 tube, 1 co2,co2 adapter, 2 tire irons, couple patches, bacon+tool, valve tool, boot, silca multitool. it's tight.
I don't think I'll ever have to resort to installing a tube in a tubeless tire. I typically carry no flat kit on shorter rides and just bacon/tool + CO2 on longer rides. I still have yet to flat on a tubeless and figure if I do it will be due to significant damage to the sidewall. In this case I'm calling UBER.
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2

AlgaeHater
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 am

by AlgaeHater

spdntrxi wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:58 pm
did 47mi on the Enve 4.5AR and Schwalbe 28c.... nice indeed, really plush @ 60psi. I do think this is the way to go. I want to try the 28c 5000TLs now, but it will probably be on my Enve 5.6 since the 5000TL are a no-no on 4.5AR :(
I run Pro One 28mm on my Roadmachine. My butt cannot really tell the difference between the Schwalbe and GP5000TL. Both are excellent tires. I know that the GP5000 have lower rolling resistance, but it doesn't make a difference at my riding level. One thing I like about the Pro Ones is that they are a lot lighter than the heavy GP5000s. The Pro Ones + Sealant is about the same weight as the GP5000 dry :?
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2

spdntrxi
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

I just wanna try the 5000TLs just to try them... or maybe the Corsa 2.0s but there is no 28c speed. ( I think ) Didn't think about the weight.. no matter with me anyways. My TMR01 weenied to 7.4kg .. with heavy tubes in the turbo cottons :)

AlgaeHater
Posts: 64
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:53 am

by AlgaeHater

7.4kg with the bottle cages and aero box? How did you get the weight so low? What's your final build list?
2019 Bianchi Oltre XR4 eTap
2019 BMC Timemachine Road 01 Di2
2018 BMC Roadmachine 02 Di2

spdntrxi
Posts: 2659
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 pm

by spdntrxi

47cm frame helps somewhat :) it was still 1000g+
Pretty stock except.. most bolts are Ti except seat and brake
DA 9150 hydro
THM clavicula se cranks
Garmin vector 3 pedals
Extralite chainrings 52/36
SRAM Red cassette 11/32
KMC 11SL chain
Bontrager XXX saddle
Roval CLX50 with Turbo Cottons
Garmin Mount for 1030 from shapeways
110mm stem instead of 100mm

That’s what I can think of


addictR1
Posts: 1575
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:11 am

by addictR1

spdntrxi wrote:47cm frame helps somewhat :) it was still 1000g+
Pretty stock except.. most bolts are Ti except seat and brake
DA 9150 hydro
THM clavicula se cranks
Garmin vector 3 pedals
Extralite chainrings 52/36
SRAM Red cassette 11/32
KMC 11SL chain
Bontrager XXX saddle
Roval CLX50 with Turbo Cottons
Garmin Mount for 1030 from shapeways
110mm stem instead of 100mm

That’s what I can think of
Get this saddle and seatpost combo and it’ll be even lighter
https://www.dashcycles.com/aero-post-combo



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie


Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post